X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omegaphallic
    started a topic Compiling a full list of 2e playable Splats

Compiling a full list of 2e playable Splats

Changelings (Contracts, Pledges, Opening Doors to the Hedge, Kith and Seeming blessings, Hedgespinning, Onieromancy, Changeling Merits, Motley merits, Wyrd)
    Prometheans (Transmutations, Lightning heals them)
    Fae Touched (Contracts, limited Pledges, with merit limited Onieromancy, Fae Touched Merits, maybe Motley Merits)
    Vampires (Kindred) (Heal or Enhance physical traits by spending vitae, Displines, Blood Sorcery, Ghouls, Vampire Merits)
    Mages (Scour the Form, Spells)
    Werewolves (Gifts, Shapeshifting, Werewolf Merits, Rapid healing)
    Proximi (Limited access to spells)/
    Demons (Demon Form, Enbeds, Ciphers, Explots, Covers, Pacts, Demon merits)
    Beasts (Horrors, Beast Merits, Avatisms, Nightmares, Kinship Merits, Epic/Advanced Merits, Lairs, Primordial Pathways)
    Heralds (Beast not Igidam Heralds) (Kinship Merits and Advanced/Epic Merits)
    Nephilim (usual Demon blooded stuff?)
    (Demon Blooded) Fractals (Supernatural Merits, Embeds, Cipher, Unseen Sense merit)
    (Demon Blooded) Offspring (Supernatural Merits, Embeds, Cipher, Unseen Sense merit)
    Immortal (Blood Bathers) (Immortality, various advantages depending on type of blood bathing ritual)
    Spirits (Numina, Influences, Rank, Manifestations)
    Dhampyr (Blood Sorcery, Dooms)
    (Vampire) Reverants (Displines,Heal by spending vitae, Reverant Merirs)
    Ghouls (Displines, Heal by spending Vitae, Ghoul Merits)
    Wolf Blooded (Tells)
    Lost Boy (Lost Boy merits)
    Dreamer (Dreamer merits)
    Psychic Vampire (Psychic Vampire merits)
    Lucky (Lucky merits)
    Plain (Plain merits)
    Supernatural Merit Mortals (Supernatural Mortal merits)
    Hedge Denizen Hobgoblins (Goblin Contracts, Goblin Bargains, easier travel in the Hedge, and switch your goblin contracts at dawn)
    Former Hedge Denizen Mortal (limited access to Goblin Contracts)
    Goblin Queen Hobgoblins (Goblin Contracts, Goblin Bargains, easier travel in the Hedge, and switch your goblin contracts at dawn, Hobgoblin Retainers)
    Sorcerers (Open and maybe closed rites)
    Infected (Infected Merits)
    Stigmatics (Supernatural Merits)
    (Demon Blooded) Latents (Unseen Sense: The God-Machine and a Stigmata. They can also buy some of the Demon-Blooded Merits such as Infrastructure Proficiency, Instinctive Deflection, and the modified Language and Multi-Lingual Merits.)
    Skin Changers (Shape Shifters)
    Body Thieves (Immortal, Body Switchers)

Not sure if humans with the Goblin Queen and Hedge Denizen count as a splat and Fetch are sort of playable (really just spend your xp to raise your Changelings Wyrd and your raises automatically and you gain an echo).

Up coming: Hunters, Bound, Ghosts, Mummies, Deviants

Did I forget any 2e playable splats?
    Last edited by Omegaphallic; 05-07-2018, 10:16 AM.

• Tessie
    replied
    Actually, it's technically possible for a Latent to start unlocking their Cipher without becoming Offspring by using an Embed and failing the Compromise roll. It's even specified that Latents use the Compromise rules, and the primary purpose of those are the advancement (or backtracing) of the Demon-Blooded Cipher.

Leave a comment:

• FallenEco
    replied
    I think Deviants should be mentioned in the Upcoming section, but for now only a couple of things from Dark Eras have been left off. Immortal (Body Thieves) from DEC and Skinthieves from DE1 are not on the list.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
    Latents do not. They only get Stigmata and Unseen Sense (God-Machine). Oh, and all Demon-Blooded can take Supernatural Merits, explicitly.
    this makes me wonder which minor splat is the the most powerful.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    All Demon-Blooded have Ciphers. Latents just lack the Condition for the first Key. For that they need to become Offspring. So their Cipher is inaccessible until they become Offspring, but it's already there. It's not the process of becoming an Offspring that creates the Cipher.

"Demon-blooded characters have access to Supernatural
    Merits (pp. 298-302 of Demon: The Descent), at the
    Storyteller’s discretion
    ."

Unlike Stigmatics who starts with Supernatural Merits.

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    Originally posted by Tessie View Post

Latents explicitly has Unseen Sense: The God-Machine and a Stigmata. They can also buy some of the Demon-Blooded Merits such as Infrastructure Proficiency, Instinctive Deflection, and the modified Language and Multi-Lingual Merits.
    They can also buy Embeds despite not starting with any. I do find that a bit weird, but the book says "All Demon-Blooded can learn Embeds." Similarly, they also start with a Cipher.
    Latents do not. They only get Stigmata and Unseen Sense (God-Machine). Oh, and all Demon-Blooded can take Supernatural Merits, explicitly.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied

Latents explicitly has Unseen Sense: The God-Machine and a Stigmata. They can also buy some of the Demon-Blooded Merits such as Infrastructure Proficiency, Instinctive Deflection, and the modified Language and Multi-Lingual Merits.
    They can also buy Embeds despite not starting with any. I do find that a bit weird, but the book says "All Demon-Blooded can learn Embeds." Similarly, they also start with a Cipher.
    I might pick up Heirs to Hell later.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

Your welcome!

Anyways yeah Latents, Fractals, and Offspring are all demon blooded, but different kinds of demon blooded, Latents only superpower as it is is the possiblity they could turn into offspring or give birth to offspring, so I didn't include them, but I guess I should. Same with Stigmatics.

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
    Are Nepilim a thing in demon the descent or did I confuse things on that one?
    Demon Storyteller's Guide. And yes.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    Are Nepilim a thing in demon the descent or did I confuse things on that one?

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    Offspring, Latents and Fractals are all different types of Demon-Blooded. Then there's also the Stigmatics that share most of the base set of features with Demon-Blooded.
    Funnily, Stigmatics starts with three extra Merit dots like all the major templates (except that they have to be spent on Supernatural Merits exclusively) while the much more involved Demon-Blooded don't. They also don't necessarily have access to any Supernatural Merits at all (except the Unseen Sense common to all Demon-Blooded).
    Actually I believe that Stigmatics are unique in that unlike other supernatural templates they can still take Mortal Supernatural Merits.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    Originally posted by ManBearPig View Post
    So Proximi are Mage, Offspring are demon(that I just seem to have skimmed over in...HtoH probably?), I remember reading about Fractals, Blood Bathers in Dark Eras Companion(Still havent gotten around to really getting into my pdf of that one) and I forgot there was stuff in the hurt locker besides merits and gear! lol. So focused on just a few pages, couldnt see the forest. Thank you Omegaphallic!
    Your welcome!

Anyways yeah Latents, Fractals, and Offspring are all demon blooded, but different kinds of demon blooded, Latents only superpower as it is is the possiblity they could turn into offspring or give birth to offspring, so I didn't include them, but I guess I should. Same with Stigmatics.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    They do, but the extra Merit dots are heavily associated with major templates so I still find it a bit weird that only the lesser of the minor Demon templates gets that advantage.

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    Offspring, Latents and Fractals are all different types of Demon-Blooded. Then there's also the Stigmatics that share most of the base set of features with Demon-Blooded.
    Funnily, Stigmatics starts with three extra Merit dots like all the major templates (except that they have to be spent on Supernatural Merits exclusively) while the much more involved Demon-Blooded don't. They also don't necessarily have access to any Supernatural Merits at all (except the Unseen Sense common to all Demon-Blooded).
    They get Embeds, though.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X