Clear All

• Crafting in 2nd edition?

dont see rules anywhere in the book for crafting

thought we should discuss it a bit?

Heres a few things

a Kamidana

Cooking various things

a set of lockpicks.

The question I have is what are you hoping to get out of a crafting system? These days, it's hard to make anything better, quicker, and/or cheaper than the professionals do. I guess something customized for you would be cool, but would it be mechanically better?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
      dont see rules anywhere in the book for crafting
      Check pages 100-103, my dude.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post
        The question I have is what are you hoping to get out of a crafting system? These days, it's hard to make anything better, quicker, and/or cheaper than the professionals do. I guess something customized for you would be cool, but would it be mechanically better?
        If you know what you're doing you could make lock picks (one of the three examples) just as well as any professional. In fact, it might actually be better if you're good at both crafting and lock picking so that you can get a set customised to your tastes. Not so much better to warrant a higher equipment bonus, but there can be other complications with ordering lock picks depending on your local laws.

Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post

If you know what you're doing you could make lock picks (one of the three examples) just as well as any professional. In fact, it might actually be better if you're good at both crafting and lock picking so that you can get a set customised to your tastes. Not so much better to warrant a higher equipment bonus, but there can be other complications with ordering lock picks depending on your local laws.

Sure, but do you need a system to do that? Can't you just say, "Well, your character is a machinist and a locksmith and has the skill to back that up, you can make a set of lockpicks in a day or so"?

Comment

For characters that are that capable, sure, but there's a continuum between people that capable and people who can't do it at all. That space between the two obvious outcomes is why you roll dice at all.

Bloodline: The Stygians
            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Sure, but do you need a system to do that?
              I mean, the system to do that already exists and is in the rule book. You don’t have to use it if you don’t want to, but it’s there if you do.

Comment

Illegal and/or suspicious things would probably be better to craft, as would "weird" items. You can't exactly go down to the store and buy a car bomb and a box full of silver bullets, and there was some fancy hunter gear such as the "hammer with explosives tied to it for vampire staking" that can be improvised.

Like Charlaquin said, there is already rules for it.

Comment

bought my kamidana off amazon or ebay, Cant remember which.

Cant keept it properly st5ocked so I leave it there as a decoration mostly... but with MS cant pray to the sun in this kind of summer heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                    Check pages 100-103, my dude.
                    Your answer is accurate, but I thought I'd add one point of clarification: Those pages are in Chronicles of Darkness (the Book/PDF).

Maybe I'm being a Captain Obvious because of which forum we are on, but I thought "Hey, it's better to not presume".
                    Last edited by Pale_Crusader; 06-05-2018, 02:57 AM.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
                    "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

At the risk of thread necromancy, I would say my answer to this question is that it would rob me/us of the opportunity to have a cool A-Teamesque scene where the crew turns a broken golf cart and a collander into the DeathMobile.

But since I enjoy necromancers, here we are.

Comment

<Thread cackles as it is reborn!!!>

On a lockpicking kit, does every pick need its own roll?

Comment

<Thread cackles as it is reborn!!!>

On a lockpicking kit, does every pick need its own roll?
                          Not as long as it’s made properly. You only need one roll to make a complete piece of equipment, and as seen on page 275, a lockpicking kit is a single piece of equipment that can be used as many times as you like. However, if you fail your roll to craft a lockpicking kit (or succeed on a roll to jury rig one), then having only succeeded in making a few lock picks would be a great narrative explanation for the Fragile Condition.

Comment

wheres the fragile condition? couldnt find it in hurt locker.

Comment

wheres the fragile condition? couldnt find it in hurt locker.
                              It is just one sentence on page 142. It simply means -1 durability.

Comment

Working...
                              X