Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are future NWod books going to be integrated with new OWod model of publishing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are future NWod books going to be integrated with new OWod model of publishing?

White Wolf is now part of Paradow, who is now pre-selling Vampire: The Masquerade through Modiphius, who is also doing the design of the books (some very cool photo/art compositions from my humble subjective opinion).

I wonder if that system of publishing/distribution/design involving a third party publisher is also going to be part of future NWod books or if Onyx Path is in a totally diferent system from the OWod one.

As far as I understand it, Modiphius isn't doing the design of the V5 books, though WW has contracted a specialized company for that as well.

We haven't heard of any changes intended for the distribution model of the CofD books. Onyx Path already effectively contracts a third party in the form of DriveThruRPG/OneBookShelf to handle digital distribution, and print-on-demand services for their standard books (prestige/deluxe/etc. books that come out of their Kickstarters use a traditional printer, and excess copies that go one sale use Indie Press Revolution).

Comment

Additionally, nuWW is trying to make a big push to get V5 (and possibly the rest of WoD5) into bookstores/FLGS. Conversely, as of right now OPP had not expressed any desire to do the same with CofD.

Never say never, of course, but right now doesn't seem likely.

Comment

Mainly because OPP knows there's literally no market for it. nuWW is misguidedly nostalgic.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
          Additionally, nuWW is trying to make a big push to get V5 (and possibly the rest of WoD5) into bookstores/FLGS. Conversely, as of right now OPP had not expressed any desire to do the same with CofD.

Never say never, of course, but right now doesn't seem likely.
          Our Changeling: The Lost 2nd Edition Kickstarter has this buried in the project page: "We love retailers, but modern publishing methods don’t always make it easy for them to get books into their stores. With CHANGELING: THE LOST 2nd Edition, we want to try to get at least one print run into game stores, so everyone has a chance to experience it." We figured CtL2 was an excellent candidate to see what the level of interest is from retailers now that we have a great working relationship with Studio2. So, we'll see...

Comment

Testing the waters before committing to a new business practice seems quite reasonable to me. I hope it works even though there's absolutely no store near me that'll get those books. (WotC sells deluxe versions of certain D&D books exclusively in affiliated game/hobby stores. Not a single one is located in Sweden.)

Bloodline: The Stygians
            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Good luck, I hope the experiment works!

Would love to be able to get hardcopies of VtR and HtV 2e some day.

Comment

Originally posted by bkwrm79 View Post
                Would love to be able to get hardcopies of VtR and HtV 2e some day.
                You can order a hardcopy of Vampire: The Requiem's book here. Hunters second edition isn't out yet but it will be on the same site and possibly some others.

Comment

Working...
                X