Angel question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angel question

I'm reading about angels (and ephemeral beings in general) rules as a GM for the first time, and I have a question. Could an Angel claim a human?
    I don't see anything against an angel using the claim "power"? (I don't remember the exact name for these, I don't have the books with me atm)

My English sucks. Sorry.

There's nothing that says they can't, but it is contingent on the Infrastructure Condition being placed on that human first. Unlike ghosts and spirits, where their equivalent ones can occur naturally or by exposure, the Infrastructure Condition part of the chain of how ephemeral entities control physical things is placed by either very high Rank angels or the God-Machine.

So, if you're running the game and want it part of the plot? Yep. But it's a fairly big deal compared to the others because of that opening hurdle.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
      There's nothing that says they can't, but it is contingent on the Infrastructure Condition being placed on that human first. Unlike ghosts and spirits, where their equivalent ones can occur naturally or by exposure, the Infrastructure Condition part of the chain of how ephemeral entities control physical things is placed by either very high Rank angels or the God-Machine.

So, if you're running the game and want it part of the plot? Yep. But it's a fairly big deal compared to the others because of that opening hurdle.
      It's a COfD chronicle in which the characters are all humans, with no unseen sense or stuff (one is a wolf-blooded but still np on unseen sense-god machine). They're investigating a mysterious asylum (Outlast intensifies) that secretly is a center of god-machine activity. I was thinking about a claimed npc (or even one pc, since one of the player wants to stop playing).

My English sucks. Sorry.

Comment

You could do it, but the question is why the God-Machine would do it. If the angel has Claim as a Manifestation, it's probably because the GM already had an intended host for it since the Claiming process is time consuming (it's difficult at low Ranks and the time required is the entity's Attribute dots in days). How would it be more beneficial for the GM to have the angel Claim that host than using any other Manifestation, Influence and/or Numen to carry out its mission? There can definitely be good reasons (being highly economical is one, but that also requires a mission where it's difficult to stay at the angel's Infrastructure Condition). I'm just saying you might want to figure that out before you introduce the new antagonist. Also note that the resulting entity will take on a new appearance that is most likely quite inhuman, so it won't be able to travel around easily unless the GM also has provided special transportation for it.

Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
          You could do it, but the question is why the God-Machine would do it. If the angel has Claim as a Manifestation, it's probably because the GM already had an intended host for it since the Claiming process is time consuming (it's difficult at low Ranks and the time required is the entity's Attribute dots in days). How would it be more beneficial for the GM to have the angel Claim that host than using any other Manifestation, Influence and/or Numen to carry out its mission? There can definitely be good reasons (being highly economical is one, but that also requires a mission where it's difficult to stay at the angel's Infrastructure Condition). I'm just saying you might want to figure that out before you introduce the new antagonist. Also note that the resulting entity will take on a new appearance that is most likely quite inhuman, so it won't be able to travel around easily unless the GM also has provided special transportation for it.
          Understood. Thanks!

My English sucks. Sorry.

Comment

Also consider that the workings of the God Machine are as unscrutable as any Great Old One's.

So if you want to explore the whys you can, but if getting to know the whys of the GM is not part of this, you don't need to devote time to figure out something of no consequence to the story.

It is part of the God Machine's horror, you can't fathom how it works or why it does shit.

(Devil's Advocating)

Comment

Working...
            X