Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest in Lost Boys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Interest in Lost Boys

    First post, first shot.


    I would like to ask what is the general opinion that the people of forum have of the Lost Boys Minor Template?


    Frankly I quite like them and have started to put together more mechanics (and eventually organizations) that make use of them and would like to know if there is any interest here for them.

  • #2
    I like them, I find the payment aspect a little heavy handed but mechanically it's really easy to change around for NPCs. And even thematically you could change it to some sort of straight magic surgery or spirit or other entity's influence.

    Comment


    • #3
      By payment I assume you mean the Serum addiction...and yeah, it's pretty heavy duty stuff if you aren't careful.


      But there is no denying that a Lost Boy can be a pretty scary mortal: take Augment Resilience and Sub-Dermal Armor and go Deprived and your walking around with Armor 3/2 but-naked. With enough Augments you can almost tango with some of the more combat-focused monsters...well almost. At least the price is worth the prize; which I also hope to enhance with my own home-brewed material.


      Do you have any tips or material that you use for the Lost Boys? Any references can be useful for, if nothing else, brainstorming new material.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Magus Black View Post
        Do you have any tips or material that you use for the Lost Boys? Any references can be useful for, if nothing else, brainstorming new material.
        When they came out the writer and another poster put up some homebrew options in this thread. The writer's additions, Archangel System and Pulse Generator made it in but amechra had Anti-Rejection Parasites. I don't have any written homebrew for it.
        Last edited by nofather; 07-27-2018, 12:59 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          They are thematically kinda similar to Deviants, you could probably steal some of their mechanics/organization strategies/ etc when they come out.

          Eventually.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by nofather View Post

            When they came out the writer and another poster put up some homebrew options in this thread. The writer's additions, Archangel System and Pulse Generator made it in but amechra had Anti-Rejection Parasites. I don't have any written homebrew for it.

            Ah that's a pity, still there are some ideas that can mined from that so thanks for what you can.

            Originally posted by Ruger View Post
            They are thematically kinda similar to Deviants, you could probably steal some of their mechanics/organization strategies/ etc when they come out.

            Eventually.
            Is there a release date yet for Deviant or is it still in the "In Progress" status?

            Also while there are some similarity between the two they also have a "worlds apart" aspect that makes interaction between the two rather complicated. After all we currently know about Deviant, they most likely HATE Lost Boys with passion, still you may be right about things to poke at once it comes out...sometimes before Doomsday I hope.

            Comment


            • #7
              Deviant's still in redlines (comments from developers to writers) according to MMN, and has been for a while.

              I could see the Protocol (or rather, a rare bad reaction/alpha version/experimental variant on it) as an origin for a Deviant. Or possibly a Lost Boy trying to cook up a batch of their own Serum and getting it wildly wrong.

              Comment


              • #8
                They were my favorite minor template from Hurt Locker, and that book was full of great content.

                They're fairly powerful as is, but I'm interested to see what you could do by combining another minor template. Conquering Heroes for Beast had a Hero who was also a Proximi with the attendant mini-Mage powers, and I think you could get something similarly cool by adding Lost Boy mods to Heroes or Alchemists or similar antagonists

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mad_Maudlin View Post
                  Deviant's still in redlines (comments from developers to writers) according to MMN, and has been for a while.

                  I could see the Protocol (or rather, a rare bad reaction/alpha version/experimental variant on it) as an origin for a Deviant. Or possibly a Lost Boy trying to cook up a batch of their own Serum and getting it wildly wrong.

                  That's not a bad idea for a Deviant, though it might be more of the Deviant pursing the Lost Boys than the other way around, still sounds like were a year or more off from the finished product...hell of a wait.

                  Originally posted by HelmsDerp View Post
                  They were my favorite minor template from Hurt Locker, and that book was full of great content.
                  Originally posted by HelmsDerp View Post

                  They're fairly powerful as is, but I'm interested to see what you could do by combining another minor template. Conquering Heroes for Beast had a Hero who was also a Proximi with the attendant mini-Mage powers, and I think you could get something similarly cool by adding Lost Boy mods to Heroes or Alchemists or similar antagonists
                  Good to see another fan.

                  My personal idea for
                  Multiple Minor/Mirco Templates is that you can only have one that grants a Power Stat and one that alters your Integrity in a significant fashion, and the combined templates cannot be thematically opposite of each other (I might add a guide or something to what I've got so far) .
                  ...which is to say that The Plain cannot 'multi-class' but otherwise there are a lot of different combinations (but I dont have access to all the books so I have idea on 'which' does 'what').

                  The most obviously open uses are those that alter neither Integrity nor grant a Power Stat...so Conspiracy-level Hunter/Lost Boy/Hero.

                  Of course the biggest hurdle is simply having enough points to make it work as you'll need to put points in several areas that may make you much weaker in the short term (which can be fatal) but can open up doors for greater things latter.
                  Last edited by Magus Black; 07-30-2018, 11:50 PM. Reason: Misnamed The Plain as the The Plan. :p

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X