No announcement yet.

Innocents 2nd Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so wait. innocents 1st edition was released as it's own book too? so its sorta like a hunter level ChoD book? where you are human, but with different rules?

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
      so wait. innocents 1st edition was released as it's own book too? so its sorta like a hunter level ChoD book? where you are human, but with different rules?
      Think Chronicles corebook but with the understanding that your characters are kids and everything that means, both mechanically and narratively. It was one of the best first edition books.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

While the ability to play mortal children is great, hope there is a supplement book that has crossover rules and magic/dread powers/supernatural merits for children. Pan's Labyrinth, Tigers are Not Afraid, Matilda, Pippi Longstockings, The Chronicle of Narnia, Peter Pan in Scarlet, even a low-fantasy version of Harry Potter. (More like the Heptagram making Sorcerous Workings in the Exalted than Hogwarts unless there are Mage crossover rules.)

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut2292 View Post
          While the ability to play mortal children is great, hope there is a supplement book that has crossover rules and magic/dread powers/supernatural merits for children. Pan's Labyrinth, Tigers are Not Afraid, Matilda, Pippi Longstockings, The Chronicle of Narnia, Peter Pan in Scarlet, even a low-fantasy version of Harry Potter. (More like the Heptagram making Sorcerous Workings in the Exalted than Hogwarts unless there are Mage crossover rules.)
          Only adults can Awaken, so Mage crossover rules with Innocents is unlikely.

Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Mind/Forces) built around being a human computer; Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Matter/Prime) focusing on the creation of Imbued items and the enhancement of Sleeper technology

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
            Think Chronicles corebook but with the understanding that your characters are kids and everything that means, both mechanically and narratively. It was one of the best first edition books.
            ahh ok. I will be looking forward to it then. hope I'm left impressed

Comment

Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post

Only adults can Awaken, so Mage crossover rules with Innocents is unlikely.
              While I know this is backed in a book, the thing about fiction is that it can bend to explore the alternatives and outliers and such, or even disregard other bits of info if need be.

I'm not saying Innocents has to have Mage crossover rules, but I'm saying that it could have them if they wanted to, and with it could come a discussion about how this is an oddity or it could just ignore prior sources all together to let tables work it out.

THe likelyhood of it has more to do with the angle of approach a developer on Innocents would have rather than this being a bit of setting lore that rigidly sets the stage.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

It also seems worth considering that even if Innocents 2e is done by someone that decides to keep to things like needing to be an adult for certain character types, there's still approaching the games from before that moment.

For Mage, it's not that hard to explore playing child members of Proximi families that are likely to Awaken later in life as the basis for a "magic school" game where Mage and Innocents can combine positively.

Comment

There seems to be a lot of questions about whether Innocents can crossover and I'm kinda curious why. I kinda know why, but I'm still a little curious. Does 'is a kid' sound like the kind of template that would interfere with other templates? I mean, okay, there's apparently Mage lore that says no kids Awakening, but that's about it from where I sit. And even if it's enough to mechanically not mesh with another supplement to the point where you're just running a character with X template but still saying they're a kid without a specific mechanical adjustment there's a wealth of information this book could have for you. Given the kinds of people they were mentioning looking for in the writing call, and just how these books tend to work, there's a lot to mine as far as the psychology of a child that this book could help with.

Anyhow, I can see this book being great for this idea I've had in the back of my head of a private school for Demon Blooded where the headmaster has an Interlock that allows him to entirely suborn the G-M's backdoor into the Blooded. Unchained from all over the area are enrolling their children in the school to prevent their child becoming an agent of the Machine, but can they trust Mr. Tinker enough to allow him that kind of access?

Comment

The fuss about age is flat-out wrong anyway.

SoS says that teenaged or older people (not just adults) can Awaken, and from what I recall of Innocents 1E, it does in fact include the lower bands of 'teenaged' in its range of playable characters.

Comment

Originally posted by lnodiv View Post

SoS says that teenaged or older people (not just adults) can Awaken, and from what I recall of Innocents 1E, it does in fact include the lower bands of 'teenaged' in its range of playable characters.
                      My mistake, though I generally would consider most teenagers more in the "young adult" category than the "innocent children" category.

Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Mind/Forces) built around being a human computer; Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Matter/Prime) focusing on the creation of Imbued items and the enhancement of Sleeper technology

Comment

Originally posted by lnodiv View Post

I don't think it'd be unfair to say that a lot of the Innocents fans enjoy it for the pre-teen and younger characters, if not more so, and thus this is why the "Awakening is for teenaged and older" statement sort of grates.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                          I don't think it'd be unfair to say that a lot of the Innocents fans enjoy it for the pre-teen and younger characters, if not more so, and thus this is why the "Awakening is for teenaged and older" statement sort of grates.
                          Oh, I totally feel that - honestly, those kinds of absolutes grate for me anyway at the world-building level, nevermind actual play - but I think that accurately representing the content that's actually in the books is still important, and "Only adults can Awaken" isn't what that content says. Mistakes happen.

Comment

Working...
                          X