X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Chances
    started a topic Deviant at GenCon?

Deviant at GenCon?

Did anyone get a chance to take a look at the Deviant manuscript at GenCon? Any juicy bits to reveal?

• SunlessNick
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
    I’d probably make some poor bastard the Deviant who’s forced to serve as Dorian Grey’s "portrait" and suffers all the corruption and grief. Dorian’s the bloody conspiracy!
    That's an interesting take!

Leave a comment:

• Bunyip
    replied
    I’d probably make some poor bastard the Deviant who’s forced to serve as Dorian Grey’s "portrait" and suffers all the corruption and grief. Dorian’s the bloody conspiracy!

Leave a comment:

• SunlessNick
    replied
    I don't think I'd make Dorian Grey a Remade at all - the painting seems very at odds with the body horror nature of Deviant (I'd use Promethean's mythos for it - the picture was a singular act of genius born out of Basil Hallward's obsession with Dorian, and even Dorian was taken by surprise when its power began to manifest - plus the effects Dorian had on people map quite well to those of the Galatea).

Griffyn... I'd say his Invisibility is both a stealth power (because he can use it for his benefit) and a physical scar (because he can't turn it off even when it would help). He got it by chemically bleaching his tissues IIRC, and it was a one-off, permanent change - a change of the whole body's makeup might count as Chimeric, even if it doesn't involve animal parts - or Invasive, even if there isn't a lingering implant - though I'm betting Chimeric would have the more fitting variations.

Hyde, perhaps oddly, I would make Cephalist, at least if I'm going by the original. He was physically human, though he seemed as if he ought to look deformed (but didn't) - that reaction could be a scar. If he had any unusual ability, it was charisma - at one point he talked down an angry mob who'd just seen him trample a six year old girl - which Cephalist variations can probably model better than anything else. From what @DaveBrookshaw said about how the Hulk would work in Deviant, mechanically, I think he'd be Hyde who can turn into Jekyll (suppressing both variation and scar), but is finding it harder and harder to do.

Leave a comment:

• Robert D
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Linus View Post
    I'm very curious to know which Clade fit Hyde, Dorian Gray and Griffyn.
    Based entirely on hints and guessworks about the Clades, my money is Atypic or Chameolon based Chimeric for Griffyn, Atypic for Dorian Gray, and Coactive for Hyde, unless the Hyde was a result of an implanted bit of psycho-pharmacological machinery that periodically renew his formula's presence in his body, in which case I'd say Invasive.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Linus
    replied
    I'm very curious to know which Clade fit Hyde, Dorian Gray and Griffyn.

Leave a comment:

• Robert D
    replied
    MrOwl, I think we'll have some time before the DtR KS
    My Personal, Entirely Unofficial thoughts on Kickstarters through 2019 are as follows:
    I don't think the DtR Kickstarter will be until 2019. Dystopia Rising starts next week. And V5 Chicago has been put at near October 2019 according to this week's Monday blog. IF there's a third 2019 kickstarter it wouldn't begin until late november 2019, and They Came From Beneath the Sea! is the furthest along of the new lines or books that have been discussed as getting kickstarters. 2019 Kickstarters seem likely to be Contagion Chronicle, Hunter the Vigil 2e, Deviant the Renegade, and Trinity: Aberrant (in order of furthest along in development to least furthest along as of this past Monday. Projects, books and lines not yet on the weekly dev lists seem likely to be a while off, say 2020 or 2021 KS(Mummy the Curse 2e, Scion: Demi-god/God, plus I'm hoping that after a successful Aberrant KS we'll then see Adventure! Trinity, my favorite of the original three Continuum settings).

Leave a comment:

• MrOwl
    replied
    Right? I’d just like to have a small idea. I spent a lot on geist. Probably won’t be able to do that much for deviant unless it’s awhile out.

Leave a comment:

• Robert D
    replied
    In any case, the info that has been shared by the devs has convinced me to start saving money for the DtR kickstarter, whenever it may be!

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    It might be that the benefits of open dev aren't proving to be worth the effort put into it.

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    True, but Deviant is brand new also

Leave a comment:

• MrOwl
    replied
    Yeah. But so is the new v5 book and it’s is set for October.

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    I'd say time constraints, the book is still in redlines

Leave a comment:

• MrOwl
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
    Don't know if we'll do any more blogs
    No more blogs? How sad.
    Is it that close to being kick started? Or is it more a time constraint thing?

Leave a comment:

• Dave Brookshaw
    replied
    Don't know if we'll do any more blogs

Leave a comment:

Working...
X