No announcement yet.

Maximum Achievable Attribute Score?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be a bit late, but I was just rereading Mortal Remains and remembered a neat trick we could probably pull for MAXIMUM OPTIMIZATION!

The Knights of Saint Adrian have an Endowment where they can copy the Strength or Dexterity of the monster they are fighting to use later. So having a Knight fight that 80 Strength Vamp (if he somehow survives) would be able to kick himself up to 80 Strength, as the Endowment specifically counts temporary dots.

Since these dots are all provided by the endowment and not magic, the mage from earlier can now buff this dude, sending him to 105 and breaking into tipple digits.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruger View Post
      The Knights of Saint Adrian have an Endowment where they can copy the Strength or Dexterity of the monster they are fighting to use later. So having a Knight fight that 80 Strength Vamp (if he somehow survives) would be able to kick himself up to 80 Strength, as the Endowment specifically counts temporary dots.
      Even setting aside the usual problems of treating Dread Powers and other supernatural abilities as interchangeable, Physical Intensity is bonus dice, not bonus dots — it lasts a single turn and explicitly doesn't add to derived Traits.

Resident Lore-Hound
      Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
        Even setting aside the usual problems of treating Dread Powers and other supernatural abilities as interchangeable, Physical Intensity is bonus dice, not bonus dots — it lasts a single turn and explicitly doesn't add to derived Traits.
        Its really the only way to keep Endowments that focus on "Dread Powers" relevant. If you are throwing them against the Splat books, the extra kick couldn't hurt.

Right! I just looked at the total instead of the actual way he got it >_>. It would still be a solid plan to take one of the other actual dot examples, but you wouldn't get nearly as high as I said you would.

19 Strength Wolf from Heavy's post, +25 from the mage, total 44.
        Copy the 44, add another Mage boost, and we get 69.

Respectable but loses out to the Vampire's dice bonus.

*Edit*

I don't have the Beast book, but if the 31 listed in Helm's post is actual dots, the same tactic would get us 31+50 or 81, slightly beating the Vampire XV.
        Last edited by Ruger; 08-28-2018, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Prometheans need some love here, even if not as impressive as a Vampire.
          Titan with all Corporeum and Vitality Alembics. Base: Attributes at 10, Skills at 5. Defense 15. Iniative 20. Speed 25. Health 16 (Size + Sta + Giant merit). Perception 20
          Vitality bonuses +10 Strength from Persistent Unconquered (+unarmed lethal, + 1 Demolisher, +Ability to cause an Earthquake with a span of 1000 yards), +10 Resolve from Persistent Unbowed (+ Steadfast, + Recovering Willpower, Defense against Mind Powers), +10 Stamina from Persistent Unbroken (+Willpower bonuses doubled for Stamina-resistance rolls, ignore physical tilts, literally immortality for a scene/until goal finished), +10 Str for breaking free of Restraints/Grapples from Persistent Unfettered (+3 Demolisher or +2 to rolls to break free).
          Charites -> +1 Dext, All Athl-rolls exceptionally suceed at 3. All dext rolls rote + 9 again.
          Zephyrus-> +Azoth to Wits+Composure rolls to avoid surprise, double speed, +Azoth to Initiative, +3 to Defense.
          Hygeius -> Bonuses where Wound Penalties would apply for mortals, immunity to physical tilts, -2 to all sources of damage.
          Motus -> Str+Athl+Azoth roll to get +Successes on non-combat Str and Stamina, longer jumps, +3 Str +3 Sta +1 Dext, rote on non-combat Str/Sta actions.Doubles speed (tripled with Zephyrus).

Str -> 23 (33 for breaking free)
          Dext -> 22
          Sta -> 23
          Res -> 20
          Perception -> 20 (30 to avoid surprise)
          Initiative -> 42
          Health -> 29
          Speed is at 150.
          Spending Pyros bumps actions up another +10.

(Could add the Stalker Alembic for another +10 to Stealth.)
          Add Beastiae Facies to calculate with the higher of Dext and Wits - oh look, defense just went up to 27! Also, another +1 Str, +1 Size, +2 to Speed (if charged first, to base Speed), +1 to Perception.
          Plumb the Fathoms: +1 to resist social/mental supernatural powers, if passive resistance trait + Azoth
          Receptive Humour: +Azoth to Perception

Str -> 24 (34 for breaking free)
          Dext -> 22
          Sta -> 23
          Res -> 20
          Perception -> 31 (41 to avoid surprise)
          Initiative -> 42
          Health -> 30
          Speed -> 156

Not to mention all the rotes and 9-agains and "exceptional success at 3".
          Respectable, imo.

Edit: BTW, that Beast incarnate?
          10 Base, 10 Titanic Onslaught, 10 for Cyclopean Strength, 11 for Skin Deep, 10 for Vengeful Earth SatExp. Limbs -> 51 Strength (or as HelmsDerp detailed, up to 61 if taking Str rather than Titanic Onslaught.)
          Last edited by Wormwood; 08-30-2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormwood View Post
            Edit: BTW, that Beast incarnate?
            10 Base, 10 Titanic Onslaught, 10 for Cyclopean Strength, 11 for Skin Deep, 10 for Vengeful Earth SatExp. Limbs -> 51 Strength (or as HelmsDerp detailed, up to 61 if taking Str rather than Titanic Onslaught.)
            Add in the Mage's boost and you could get 76/86, and slightly pass 100 with the KoSA mage double dipping thing. 101 STR if that 51 is real dots.

Comment

I realized a few mistakes in my above calculations, and realized how to turn up the numbers: base 11 (epic potential), 20 str instead of Titanic onslaught, 11 For Skin Deep, 10 For Cyclopean Strength, and now the fun part: another 20 if in Horror Form and pumpen everything into power. +10 on the stone limbs created through vengeful earth: 63 dice on power rolls (equal to 63 Str/Int/Pres) with another +10 on successes and another +10 for using stone limbs -> 83.
              Add in Limb from Limb, and a single success deals 21 L or 21 A.

Comment

While not an actual Attribute, a Beast Incarnate can hit Size 36 with the Satiety use of Looming Presence and Legendary Size for +(Lair*3) to size. Which, when used with Cyclopean Strength, means they can lift any object of Size 396 or less. Then, with the Low Satiety use of Cyclopean Strength they can use it as an improvised weapon. I'm not sure of anything that large that could withstand the stress of that much for to actually be used, but still.

This is also in addition to getting a Strength of 42+10 success to all Strength rolls (which can get another [Lair] dice to intiate a Grapple with Crushing Coils).

In Dream Form they could hit Size 46 which would let them lift objects up to Size 506, and since it's a dream you could justify it actually holding together.

SWTOR Referal: http://www.swtor.com/r/JQ2nqy

Comment

So, as a side question, how fast could each splat move? I'm talking about how high can we make someone's speed advantage, not teleportation, flying, or astral self. It has to be the physical body moving from point A to point B on a straight road, while needing to move on the entire road for the duration of the race.

Comment

Beast complicates this because on an infinitely long road with people along it at a regular interval, a Beast could theoretically move infinitely in one turn (though statistically they wouldn't actually do it). There's a power that lets a Beast attack an opponent and if they deal damage (not hard to do with maxed out traits and all) they can attack another target within (Lair x 10 yard), and they can repeat until there's no target within range or no new targets to strike.

So this fits in your existing criteria, but doesn't seem to fit the spirit of it.

Comment

Originally posted by HunterInTheNight View Post
                      So, as a side question, how fast could each splat move? I'm talking about how high can we make someone's speed advantage, not teleportation, flying, or astral self. It has to be the physical body moving from point A to point B on a straight road, while needing to move on the entire road for the duration of the race.
                      I'll have to find the thread, and it's out of date now, but the last winner was a Sin-Eater merging with basically a god-machine that actually exists in real life and blows your god damned mind.

EDIT: Damnit, I think it was on the old forums, which is depressing because that thread also had the most beautiful Promethean you had ever seen.

It went insane as it ran, for the record, and that's the least weird part of it.
                      Last edited by ArcaneArts; 09-07-2018, 01:54 AM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                      Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Originally posted by HunterInTheNight View Post
                        Do vehicles count? Armory has the jet, which can get a speed of 2200 (but is technically flying, so I guess that is cheating :V). Supercar from the same book has 301, sports car has 249 which technically passes the criteria. If not, it would be fun to see who can run faster than a speeding sportscar :P.

Since speed= Strength + Dex +5 (5 can be changed for some supernaturals) if we are talking about foot races, going back to the above "maximum stat" discussion would help get the answer. Most speed boosters work as a multiplier, for example a Vampire's Celerity could potentially multiple it by 6 for 1 point of Vitae, so that optimized vampire up there could probably outrun a speeding car without mage help.

Comment

I know there's a werewolf ability to possess a vehicle, so however fast a vehicle can go. And I'm pretty sure there's similar abilities in other gamelines, like demon has one.

In the simple question thread we came up with ~74.56 mph for a werewolf using passive or long-term abilities (not abilities that worked for one turn). It also discounts fetishes, sorceries and rites that are pretty open ended.

Comment

For static speed that lasts at least a scene:
                            Prometheans can reach speeds Of 156, As Detailed above.
                            Beasts can reach 48, I think (68 For Incarnate). Looming Presence satiety expenditure (race base raised to 15), Skin deep satiety expenditure (+12), epic potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Gallus View Post
                              In Dream Form they could hit Size 46 which would let them lift objects up to Size 506, and since it's a dream you could justify it actually holding together.
                              Remember kids, don’t piss off Atlas or he will hit you with the sky.
                              Last edited by Sith_Happens; 09-07-2018, 01:48 PM.

Comment

I guess Vampires can reach a base speed of 48. That would be base stat 10+10 + 6 in size (giant) and +3 (fleet on foot) +5 from Vigor and +10 from Blood Potency via the Coil of Wyrm and +4 from running on all four with protean 2.
                                With a multiplier of 6 with Celerity 5, this is 288 in base speed for one turn, (cost 1 vitae) and double if running.

With the Devotion Forced March, she could run for hours with this speed, as long as she runs. Even though it's a 1st edition devotion, there's no reason to believe it wouldn't work in 2ed.

That's a running speed of 576. That's about 690 km/h or about 430 mph if my math is right.

Mages on the other hand, could probably go even faster.
                                With Velocity Control, for every potency, you double the Speed.

So a mage, maxed out from running as above would have a base of 29 if i'm correct. With a rote and such, she could easily have potency 10 on this spell, that's a base speed of 29696.
                                With running that's 59392. That would be about 71 000 kilometers per hour. If you do some actual math with mages, I'm sure you could reach even more ludicrous speed if Colonel Sanders ain't a chicken.

Comment

Working...
                                X