Maximum Achievable Attribute Score?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enderdragon1201
    started a topic Maximum Achievable Attribute Score?

Maximum Achievable Attribute Score?

Hello. I was wondering what the maximum rating in an Attribute a character can get is with supernatural powers and a power stat of 10, and which splat can do it. I am referring to playable splats here, so not things like Rank 6+ spirits. For the purposes of this, I am referring to powers that last at least a full turn as opposed to for a single roll.

• Ruger
    replied
    Originally posted by Gallus View Post

That's what I was thinking. Which would make a speed of over 307 thousand completely doable. Which is really just silly when you think about it. Fun, but silly.
    But like he said, that is speed not Speed. At that point you are basically a projectile :V. Velocity Control doesn't let the object actually control itself at those speeds.

Find a Peasant and you have yourself a unique, literal version of the peasant railgun! Bribe your ST with food and an incredibly loose reading of the rules that say it changes damaged based on collision to turn your minions into potent projectiles! Just be sure to stay out of the blast range and/or splash zone!

Leave a comment:

• Gallus
    replied
    Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

They do things differently, so they should interact. Ground Eater is a straight boost of Potency to Speed, Acceleration multiplies it, and Velocity Control exponentially increases speed (not the Speed derived trait). Combine them in that order after Attribute boosts and...?
    That's what I was thinking. Which would make a speed of over 307 thousand completely doable. Which is really just silly when you think about it. Fun, but silly.

Leave a comment:

• lnodiv
    replied
    2E has largely done away with 'add extra spells/arcana to make your spell actually work as intended due to technicalities'

IMO, you wouldn't need this any more than you'd need Mind to enhance your brain's abilities to perceive the world around it in order to successfully navigate at that high of a speed. That was very much a first edition thing. Same way you don't need Mind to let yourself interpret radio waves into useful data after you cast a spell to let you hear them.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Might just be a single Forces Shielding spell. Iirc Shielding usually makes you outright immune to non-supernatural damage that doesn't come from attacks.

Leave a comment:

• HelmsDerp
    replied
    And you'll need to dedicate another spell to making sure you aren't vaporized by the air resistance as you go streaking along at a substantial fraction of the speed of light.

Possibly more than one

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    Would Acceleration, Ground Eater, and Velocity Control interact at all? Or would it just be what ever gives the biggest bonus?
    They do things differently, so they should interact. Ground Eater is a straight boost of Potency to Speed, Acceleration multiplies it, and Velocity Control exponentially increases speed (not the Speed derived trait). Combine them in that order after Attribute boosts and...?

Leave a comment:

• HelmsDerp
    replied
    Granted, it's a flight speed and it (on average) lasts less than a minute, but Beasts can take that 51 (you forgot fleet of foot's +3) and multiply it by 11 with Wings of the Raptor. Not as crazy as Mages but half the speed of sound ain't bad

Leave a comment:

• Gallus
    replied
    Would Acceleration, Ground Eater, and Velocity Control interact at all? Or would it just be what ever gives the biggest bonus?

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    You can instead add +5 from Praestantia that pushes Dex up to 15.

Leave a comment:

• Poseur
    replied
    Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
    Species factor to Speed for humans is 5, I thought, not Size (so Giant doesn't give 6)?

Quick ref chart in vampire 2ed says its size, but other say species factor of 5. So yeah you're probably right. One less in base speed in my calcs then.

Leave a comment:

• lnodiv
    replied
    Species factor to Speed for humans is 5, I thought, not Size (so Giant doesn't give 6)?

Leave a comment:

• Poseur
    replied
    I guess Vampires can reach a base speed of 48. That would be base stat 10+10 + 6 in size (giant) and +3 (fleet on foot) +5 from Vigor and +10 from Blood Potency via the Coil of Wyrm and +4 from running on all four with protean 2.
    With a multiplier of 6 with Celerity 5, this is 288 in base speed for one turn, (cost 1 vitae) and double if running.

With the Devotion Forced March, she could run for hours with this speed, as long as she runs. Even though it's a 1st edition devotion, there's no reason to believe it wouldn't work in 2ed.

That's a running speed of 576. That's about 690 km/h or about 430 mph if my math is right.

Mages on the other hand, could probably go even faster.
    With Velocity Control, for every potency, you double the Speed.

So a mage, maxed out from running as above would have a base of 29 if i'm correct. With a rote and such, she could easily have potency 10 on this spell, that's a base speed of 29696.
    With running that's 59392. That would be about 71 000 kilometers per hour. If you do some actual math with mages, I'm sure you could reach even more ludicrous speed if Colonel Sanders ain't a chicken.

Leave a comment:

• Sith_Happens
    replied
    In Dream Form they could hit Size 46 which would let them lift objects up to Size 506, and since it's a dream you could justify it actually holding together.
    Remember kids, don’t piss off Atlas or he will hit you with the sky.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 09-07-2018, 01:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wormwood
    replied
    For static speed that lasts at least a scene:
    Prometheans can reach speeds Of 156, As Detailed above.
    Beasts can reach 48, I think (68 For Incarnate). Looming Presence satiety expenditure (race base raised to 15), Skin deep satiety expenditure (+12), epic potential.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X