The Purified

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Purified

I wanted to update these immortals to 2e but to be honest... no idea where to start.

Suggestions?

Cross your fingers that they are one of the Immortals included in Mummy 2e?

The Purified template is pretty simple as I recall. You can probably port it to 2e directly with minimal fuss.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

That is sort of what I was thinking. A player of mine wanted to play one with the addition of being inhuman in appearance surrounded by a changeling-esque glamour. Glamour would probably fail In twilight though.

Comment

With Giest, 2nd edition most of the relevant traits the Purified use now have experience costs.

So the question is; what is left?

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Have numina rules changed to drastically or much at all?

Comment

If you want a temporary update (assuming that Mummy may give us an official one), you can find at least two in this thread.It is always better to use other people's work than making a new one from scratch, I think :P

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

We got 2e Blood Bathers in Dark Eras Companion. I hoping we'll see a pre-Mummy 2e update to the Purified in Dark Eras 2.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
                With Giest, 2nd edition most of the relevant traits the Purified use now have experience costs.

So the question is; what is left?
                Possibly some revision, like associating them primarily with the Underworld instead of the Shadow. This matters in terms of which kind of Twilight they enter, an issue that 1e didn't have. In other words, 2e's Purified may be to 1e's Purified as 2e's werewolves or changelings are to 1e's werewolves or changelings: superficially the same, but with deep yet subtle changes.

Originally posted by branford View Post
                We got 2e Blood Bathers in Dark Eras Companion. I hoping we'll see a pre-Mummy 2e update to the Purified in Dark Eras 2.
                It also includes Body Thieves (and Sorcerers; but that's a separate issue). I'm also hoping for the Purified to make an appearance in Dark Eras 2; is there an Era featuring both mummies and Sin-Eaters? Because that would be a good place to discuss the Purified.

Comment

The only MtC and GtSE era is the Scandinavian Witch Trails.

And do we have to shift the Purified from Spirit aligned to Ghost aligned? I don't see the need, though I must admit I am not as...enamoured with them as others seem to be.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Well, I actually really do like the connection between the Purified and the Shadow, and would be kinda disappointed if it were to changed to the Underworld. It gives them character, makes them more unique than "yet another deathly weird thing", gives some distance between them and mummies, gives them an interesting dynamic with Hisil and overall, makes them interesting IMO, so I hope that that aspect of their existence won't be changed.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

What arguments can be made for changing their Shadow focus to Underworld focus?

Bloodline: The Stygians
                      Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                      Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                        Well, I actually really do like the connection between the Purified and the Shadow, and would be kinda disappointed if it were to changed to the Underworld. It gives them character, makes them more unique than "yet another deathly weird thing", gives some distance between them and mummies, gives them an interesting dynamic with Hisil and overall, makes them interesting IMO, so I hope that that aspect of their existence won't be changed.
                        Honestly, their basic concept is not tied toward one ephemeral type as opposed to ephemeral nature in general. You could easily have 4 types.

Ghost-Purified are basically Ghosts or Doppelgangers who came back alive instead of undead inside their own body.

Spirit-Purified either made their soul/mind Spirit-like, or imprinted a Spirit with their own personality.

Goetia-Purified detacted and exalged their own mind into a separate entity, which has/can reclaim thier body as a material vessel.

Angel-Purified were reconstructed by the God-Machine as immortal(-ish) Saint-Agents of its will.
                        Last edited by Vent0; 08-19-2018, 03:00 PM.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

well, my main problem with connecting the Purified to the Underworld is that I don't think that everything which comes from the Bellow can be called "pure".

While I do think that many such "otherworld immortals" could be cool, I would prefer each to be treated as it own thing, instead of throwing them all under the same umbrella and call them "Purified". Personally, I would Risen/Revenant for the ghostly, Purified to the spiritual, Tulpa for the goetic and Prophet/Saint to the angelic, and treat each of them as a unique creature with its own shticks and tricks- but I always liked diversity where each critter use its own sub-system in my setting.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

The Mortified, the Purified, the Personified, and the Beatified.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

I mean, their diverse origins probably have different effects on their traits and abilities, but ultimately they would be similar in "human becomes ephemeral-like to attain immortality". They probably wouldn't have so much in common that they are like the different Clans of Kindred... yet. But there would definitely be enough overlap that they could be characterized together.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Working...
                              X