Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2E CoD games - Supernatural Advantage ( BP, PU, Gnosis, Wyrd, etc. ) and dots limits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2E CoD games - Supernatural Advantage ( BP, PU, Gnosis, Wyrd, etc. ) and dots limits

One of my players asked me about this topic I was not sure how to answer, based on books. His Uratha ( werewolf ) character has on Primal Urge 1 limit of 5 dots in Attributes and Skills in human ( Hishu ) form. However, in other Forms - like 'wolf-man monster' Gauru - he get's bonus like Str +3, so he can easily end on levels of Str 6 or 7 - IF shapechanging Attributes can go past PU limit, yes? Or he is hard capped on Str 5 in Gauru, even if he would have more?

Can same character have even higher Attributes if he use special powers ( like Gifts ) or items ( like Fetishes )? Is the same appliance to other 'monster races' ( like vampires, mages, changelings, etc. )? Or are there differences between rules for Uratha and other?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

The character's dots (as determined on their character sheet, that they allocated or paid XP for) are capped at 5. Further modifications can ignore those limits unless they declare otherwise (like Mage spells, where it specifically calls out a Reach option for surpassing the normal limit). At least, that's how I've seen it. Otherwise, having high strength is penalized for Uratha, since they don't get as much out of their forms.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

The max dots from power stats (Urge, Wyrd, Blood, etc) are for permanent dots. For example a BP 1 vampire with STR 4 will have STR 8 if she also have 4 dots of vigor. Hower, she can only buy another dot of STR before having to raise BP to 6 to buy yet another one.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
        IF shapechanging Attributes can go past PU limit, yes? Or he is hard capped on Str 5 in Gauru, even if he would have more?
        Shapeshifting's Attributes ignore Primal Urge cap. This was one of the first questions asked when the game came out and was answered by writers.

Can same character have even higher Attributes if he use special powers ( like Gifts ) or items ( like Fetishes )? to other 'monster races' ( like vampires, mages, changelings, etc. )? Or are there differences between rules for Uratha and other?
        Yes. Vampire's Physical Disciplines can take you over, as can their blood intensity power, mages blessings, and assorted other abilities.

Comment

More specifically, they can take you over for dot purchases through XP expenditure. This is an important distinction, since some power stats go down as well as up (BP, prime example), and when they do so it does not reduce already purchased dots--just removes the ability to buy more over the current limit.

--Khanwulf

Comment

Working...
          X