Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[2E] Running scene in labyrinth in total darkness ( with werewolves )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Underworld solves these problems elegantly. Just have the Wound also pierce the Underworld so it also takes place there. Or they try to bypass the Wound by going through the Underworld. Whatever.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
      The Underworld solves these problems elegantly. Just have the Wound also pierce the Underworld so it also takes place there. Or they try to bypass the Wound by going through the Underworld. Whatever.
      Will go with 'Underworld is also bleeding to this local Labyrinth reality' - and that we have there unstable Avernian Gate. In the end, I pointed in fan Black Spiral Dancers write-up that White Howlers found Dominion that broke to 'Wound Realms'...

LGBT+ in CoD games
      Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
      Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
      Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
      My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

Expanding my own questions...
        1. Will go with using Blinded Tilt - as character lost one eye - for this scene, as you pointed even werewolves can have those problems here.

Originally posted by CoD Rulebook, p. 281
        Blinded Tilt
        Effect: The character suffers a -3 penalty to any rolls that rely on vision — including attack rolls — and halves his Defense if one eye is blinded. That penalty increases to -5 and loss of all Defense if both eyes are affected.
        2. I'm still not sure if I should use this scene for reflecting 'Maze-like' feel of it, Tracking rules from 2E Werewolf or Chase rules from CoD Rulebook. Both assumes that both sides are running or chasing/tracking, where in the scene Hela simply is in her cave inside of Labyrinth, It's not her that is problem for PCs to get there, it's the place itself. Maybe some constant number for players to roll to find heart of Labyrinth on Wits+Survival rolls? But how to gauge if it will be too much?

Maybe go after general rules for Extended Actions in CoD Rulebook, simply? ( Use numbers in quote simply to ease discussion. )

Originally posted by CoD Rulebook, p.70
        When you take an extended action, the Storyteller determines how many successes you require. Most actions require between 5 and 20 successes. 5 reflects a reasonable action that competent characters can achieve with the right tools and knowledge. 10 represents a difficult action that’s still realistic for a professional in a field. 20 represents a very difficult action that even a particularly skilled character will have trouble pulling off.
        So if finding Hela should really hard to do - but still doable and she is not really hiding - it should need something like 15 successes?

3. Would want to complicate matters with that PCs need to find one another. If going with fixed Wits+Survival extended roll it should be by mark like 5 success per character?

4. I wanted to also add Jotnar - Hive-Claimed that pass for Ice Giant of Norse myths. ( Thanks to Master Acrozatarim great ideas. ) Maybe Giant should properly track PCs, via Tracking or Chase rules?

5. Will go with 'nearby area is Avernian Gate to Underworld and ghosts can simply come here'. Will prepare simple 'random ghost generator' for PCs having Failure on their dice roll.
        Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-09-2018, 07:46 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Sum up of the rules and running the scene I come up with:

1. Darkness in area - Will go with using Blinded Tilt - as character lost one eye - for this scene, as you pointed even werewolves can have those problems here also.
          Originally posted by CoD Rulebook, p. 281
          Blinded Tilt
          Effect: The character suffers a -3 penalty to any rolls that rely on vision — including attack rolls — and halves his Defense if one eye is blinded. ( That penalty increases to -5 and loss of all Defense if both eyes are affected.)

2. Finding Hela in CaveExtended Action, Wits + Survival ( -3 to rolls because of Blinded Tilt ), Needed 15 success to go for Hela, each roll is 5 minutes of time. For each 5 success PCs find one more packs member – that then can help in next roll in Teamwork of the group.

3. Jotnar - Hive-Claimed as Ice Giant of Norse myths is looking for PCs in area. After each turn of ‘Finding Hela’ rolls, Jotnar rolls his own Wits + Survival ( only 4 ) and if he get’s finally 5 successes, he find one of PCs he can attack. Roll 1d10, divide results on equally on number of players. If PCs are together, Jotnar attack the groups particular PC are then.

4. Ghosts – As area of this ‘Darkness’ is Avernian Gate, all ghosts are Materialized. Each time PCs roll Failure on Wits + Survival roll, they meet one ghost ( Roll 1d10 and check table below ). Restless dead are spread around area of Labyrinth and are semi-violent in state, at least confused by them being in Wound. All are Rank 1 ghosts as they were having low Integrity at death for their ‘sins’. Typical spread for them Power 3, Finesses 3, Resistance 2.
          Physical attacks on a Manifested entity that would normally cause lethal damage only cause bashing damage unless the attack utilizes the entity’s Bane. Despite appearing to the naked eye and being solid, a Manifested ghosts doesn’t have any internal organs to injure.

Ghost type table ( 1d10 result ):
          1-3. Murderer – Person who killed someone in passion ( probably spouse ) - Ban: Must convince anyone in conversation that ‘it was accident’. ( If pressed against, he will attack. ) - Bane: Innocent house tool - like spoon, hammer, table knife, etc.
          4-6. Adulterer – Spouse (Husband) who cheated partner (wife) many times - Ban: Must defend his ‘honor’ that he was not bad spouse. ( Even attack. ) - Bane: Photo or image of someone’s spouse
          7-9. Oath-breaker – Parent ( Mother ) who abandoned her child - Ban: Must convince in conversation those that imply she was bad parent (mother) - Bane: Child’s toy
          10. Two of ghosts arguing, roll twice.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
          X