Body Horror

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Horror

In your opinion, which splat or splats (or even single COfD books, see Hurt Locker) have the biggest amount of body horror?

My English sucks. Sorry.

Werewolf. Deviant will match it when it comes out.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Werewolf or Promethean. Werewolf because you're basically just a big hunk of shapeshifting wolf flesh, and Promethean because your body used to belong to a dead person. Not to mention either game's antagonist splats. Pandorans, Claimed, Centimani, Hosts...it gets pretty Cronenberg.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
      Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

Was about to say, have we forgotten what happens to bodies in Promethean just as a matter of course?

Lot of putrescence there, let me just say.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Geist seems to be getting there too.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
          Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Deviant will likely get up there with werewolf or even further

But the most body horror at the moment to me is werewolf, crazy spirits and host are bad enough, along with high humanity werewolf transformations, but claimed can get disgusting

Comment

Werewolf/ Promethean and hopefully Deviant will take the cake. The Spider Host image in Wtf 2e core creeps me out to no end.

That said the style of Body Horror in Demon is something I have a very keen fondness for. Someone on this forum (I forget the who! Sorry!) built a fab merit for shape changing Stigmatic's which, along with Cryptids in general, have quite a unique feel for Body Horror.

Vampire with Gangrel and Crúac also have a quite Body Horror intensive corner and I normally like to play up. Also look back at cWoD and Tzimice and well.. I dare say in the cWoD that takes the cake.

While not front and centre the very mechanics of Mage with Life/ Matter/ Forces and Death can all be wrapped together for some Grotesque Body Horror if someone at the table takes it there. I had an idea for an Antagonist I've not been able to use, never been able to get a Mage game running, who was a Left Handed mage who used Time and Life to plant a small growth in someone retroactively so that in the present he could snap his fingers and make the target go cronenburg as a show of his power.

How do people like to express Body Horror in their games? I haven't run any Werewolf and besides some terrifying Tzimice players and one Angel I was quite happy with I've never really used Body Horror in my games (Especially from the GM side).

Find my Homebrew so far here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
              So far its Demon Merits, Vampire 1e to 2e ports and a Knowledge collection mechanic for the Ordo Dracul!

Comment

Originally posted by LordofIron View Post
                Werewolf/ Promethean and hopefully Deviant will take the cake. The Spider Host image in Wtf 2e core creeps me out to no end.
                The full-color, biped one facing off against a Gauru as seen from behind?

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post

The full-color, biped one facing off against a Gauru as seen from behind?
                  While awesome, no, Its Funnel Web on page 204 that unsettles me. All the little spider holes and that garish smile.

Find my Homebrew so far here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
                  So far its Demon Merits, Vampire 1e to 2e ports and a Knowledge collection mechanic for the Ordo Dracul!

Comment

There is that one body-modifying Scelestus legacy on this forum which deals with Acamoth/Galmoth taking over parts of the body like an abyssal cymothoa exigua.
                    Beast has some body horror, surprisingly. Namtaru Atavisms like Infestation, that can make you look like a loose Sack if skin filled with creepy crawlies to Skin Deep, letting you do fun things like eye stalks, grow additional limbs, mouths or eyes, to all sort of body modification. One proposed use of the Atavism by me was a modification that replaced your fingers with tinier hands, Whose Fingers in turn are tiny hands, etc.
                    Abyssals are also a likely case of body horror.
                    What Defiant go through in their scales could be considered body horror at times (one scale on this forum was a stomach pouch, basically.)

But yeah, I think prometheans currently reign over this particular domain.

Comment

Deceived from Mummy comes to mind. Though my go to once it's out is definitely going to be Deviant for Cronenbergian goodness.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

Working...
                      X