CofD Big Three Sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CofD Big Three Sale

So, every Vampire, Werewolf, and Mage book is 75% off right now on DTRPG. The core books are just $5 each. The Pack, which is a freaking awesome supplement, is a measly $2.50!

If you wanted to pick up a new game or book, now is the freaking time!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    The Pack, which is a freaking awesome supplement, is a measly $2.50!
    I endorse this message.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
    Podcast: The Breakup, a podcast about destroying the things you love by giving them away

Comment

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
      I endorse this message.
      I mean really, everyone should. THe people who haven't bought it yet are the weirdos, missing out on great content for, like, wut, money reasons? Pff, like that's a thing*.

*right now
      Last edited by ArcaneArts; 09-21-2018, 01:57 PM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

What other supplements in the sale would be handy to pick up? I'm not sure which of the 1e books are still particularly useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Maudlin View Post
          What other supplements in the sale would be handy to pick up? I'm not sure which of the 1e books are still particularly useful.
          I completed my collection of Clanbook PDFs, since those are $3.50 a pop and basically set the stage for Requiem to evolve into 2e. They're not only useful, they're practically required reading. If you don't have Dark Eras and Dark Eras Companion yet, they are at a steal of a price. The Pure and Left-Hand Path are also solid 1e pickups that are excellent read. And Damnation City never, ever goes out of style.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

How useful is Damnation City for Mage and Werewolf games?
            What about in Vampire games that aren't so tied to the feudal system?

Comment

Originally posted by 2ptTakrill View Post
              How useful is Damnation City for Mage and Werewolf games?
              What about in Vampire games that aren't so tied to the feudal system?
              Damnation City is due useful for world building, period. While I haven't done it yet, I'm pretty sure that despite the "city" part, it would also be usable for making rural settings as well. And Call of Cthulhu settings. And D&D settings.

Tl;dr: Very!

Comment

Piggybacking on this thread, but is it worth getting Imperial Mysteries? I'm wondering because I heard that mage is moving farther away from this in 2e.

Also would it be advisable to get the Night Horror books, same question for Half-Damn as well since while it is a 2e book I've heard mixed stuff about so I'm wondering whether it's worth it.
                Last edited by Iceblade44; 09-22-2018, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Mechanically, characters haven't changed that much. So a character from Night Horrors whatever is mostly easy to translate over to second edition. The problem would be their powers. Vampires don't have all the weird bloodline disciplines and werewolf gifts are completely different. Mage rotes and legacies may act differently as well.

But from a setting standpoint the Night Horrors books have had some great adds, and it's probably worth getting them.

Comment

So, The Pack and DE:C. Out of Half-Damned, Secrets of the Covenants, and Thousand Years of Night, which are worth it, and in what order? Limited funds, so things need to be justified here.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                      Mechanically, characters haven't changed that much. So a character from Night Horrors whatever is mostly easy to translate over to second edition. The problem would be their powers. Vampires don't have all the weird bloodline disciplines and werewolf gifts are completely different. Mage rotes and legacies may act differently as well.

But from a setting standpoint the Night Horrors books have had some great adds, and it's probably worth getting them.
                      Yeah I'm just wondering since I heard that the Night Horrors introduced a lot of interesting from the Idigam, Dhampirs, and futher elaboration on the Strix. So I'm wondering whether there's more good stuff that I can get from them

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
                        So, The Pack and DE:C. Out of Half-Damned, Secrets of the Covenants, and Thousand Years of Night, which are worth it, and in what order? Limited funds, so things need to be justified here.
                        I read SotC and I have to say it's very good on the story department so if you liked the Vampire Clanbooks I can say that to be good pick. Mechanic wise it doesn't provide much, pretty much all in an appendix.

I only read my friends copy of ThousandYoN and mainly skimread so I'm unsure about my opinion on it, from what I remember it mainly offered storytelling and role-playing advice with some neat caveats which I wished it had more. I'm not sure how useful it really since I never played an Elder game so can't offer much advise there.

Comment

You seem to post a bit in Werewolf. The Pack is mostly setting but has the lodge setup for second edition stuff, as well as five different lodges and three hunting grounds (Malta, Dubai, and Bangkok), as well as how packs are setup.

Thousand Years of Night is pretty good for building elder-specific games, Secrets of the Covenants is, like Pack, full of setting information (but done in-world, through documents) and has a section full of Merits and sorceries in the back.

The Dark Eras Companion has Forsaken by Rome, and one part-vampire era, the Soulless & the Dead with Prometheans. It includes an update to the Morbus bloodline, but I understand it wasn't well received. The book is a good get if your interests are just werewolf and vampire but obviously you'd get more out of it if you have a wider interest in gamelines. It has Demon, Second Sight, Mummy, Promethean, Geist, Beast, Mage and Mummy, and another Promethean era, not including the werewolf and promethean-vampire crossover I mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post

You seem to post a bit in Werewolf. The Pack is mostly setting but has the lodge setup for second edition stuff, as well as five different lodges and three hunting grounds (Malta, Dubai, and Bangkok), as well as how packs are setup.

Thousand Years of Night is pretty good for building elder-specific games, Secrets of the Covenants is, like Pack, full of setting information (but done in-world, through documents) and has a section full of Merits and sorceries in the back.

The Dark Eras Companion has Forsaken by Rome, and one part-vampire era, the Soulless & the Dead with Prometheans. It includes an update to the Morbus bloodline, but I understand it wasn't well received. The book is a good get if your interests are just werewolf and vampire but obviously you'd get more out of it if you have a wider interest in gamelines. It has Demon, Second Sight, Mummy, Promethean, Geist, Beast, Mage and Mummy, and another Promethean era, not including the werewolf and promethean-vampire crossover I mentioned.
                            I'm more Demon and Geist, but those aren't on sale (and I'm not missing much anyways). Mummy too, but again, not on sale.

I'm interested in DE:C mostly for Second Sight and the Sekhem Sorcery rules (though the Eras are always interesting).

I've heard mixed reviews for TYoN and HD. Secrets held some interest due to expanded Coils and Cruac.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

So bearing in mind that I have some strong biases towards historical settings, but I think DEC is a must buy. All of its eras are very solid, but above and beyond Sekhem Sorcerers, Fall of Isireion is one of the bests bits of Mummy. Second Sight is also very well done. Likewise, the Pack is freaking awesome.

If you like the clanbooks or mostly buy the books to read instead of play, I also think Secrets is a must. It and the Pack are on the top of my list to get hard copies of once living in a place with more bookshelves.

Between Half-Damned and Thousand Years, I'd favour HD as I love the new Dhampirs mechanics and the rest is interesting too. The Lost Clans of Thousand Years are very cool, however, and there are some useful tools for any game in there.

Of the three, Secrets would get my recommend if you can only get one, assuming it is to your taste.

Comment

Working...
                              X