No announcement yet.

it will be All Hallows’ eves Soon !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly right now I'm addicted to the CRPG Pathfinder: Kingmaker, so I doubt I'll be doing anything with CoD this month.

Might be able to squeeze in some American Horror story if I can find a Canadian provider.

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
      Beast? Or a Demon that emerges from their Hell every Hallows Eve?
      Right now, I'm thinking Demon/God-Machine shenanigans or something Promethean-related that has fun with pumpkins and Divine Fire
      Last edited by Cinder; 10-14-2018, 03:04 PM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Originally posted by Cinder View Post
        Right now, I'm thinking Demon/God-Machine shenanigans or something Promethean-related that has fun with pumpkins and Divine Fire
        That reminds me of the Hawthorn story Feathertop about a scarecrow brought to life by a witch. I also read a Pennsylvania folktale that if a scarecrow isn't laid to rest by Halloween it will be possessed by an evil spirit.

in "Christianity the origins of a Pagan Religion" Philippe Walter associates Halloween with a white dear and gives Saint Hubertus and the Irish hero Finn. I've also read a book called the White Stag in which two brothers hunt a white stag. One brother becomes the founding father of the Huns and the other becomes the founding father of the Magyars. There is also a Korean story about a deer that leads a young farmhand to a pool where fairy maidens come to bathe in the moonlight. By stealing the garment of one of the fairy maidens he forces her to become his wife.

So have the characters attacked and pursued by possessed scarecrows. Have a white deer cross their path. If they follow the deer they can (probably) escape the scarecrows, but will wind up in the hedge or arcadia.

Comment

Working...
        X