Over the Garden Wall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over the Garden Wall

It's October again and I expect that Over the Garden Wall will be broadcast this month. I know it's a good fit for Changeling the Lost, but can anyone make it work for some other chronicle? I remember a video on YouTube called Over the Garden Wall is Dante's Inferno in which the podcaster makes a good case for Over the Garden Wall being a retelling of Dante's Inferno.

I could see it work for Geist seeing that the Unknown may be a afterlife

Comment

It can be somewhat as a mix of Changeling the Lost, Geist: the Sin-Eaters and even somewhat Beast: The Primordial.

Comment

Geist is more accurate to what is technically supposed to be going on, but Changeling is more accurate to the structure and feel of the story itself.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

In one of the episodes it is revealed that the brothers are drowning on Halloween so the Unknown as an afterlife works. Of course there is also a tradition that equates the fairy realm with the land of the dead so a Geist/Changeling story is not impossible.

Comment

Could it work as a pair of Acanthus having a trippy awakening?

Comment

If that’s the case they awakend pretty young

Comment

Or it's just Wirt's Awakening and Greg is just along for the ride as an actor in the Mystery Play.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Or Greg is a sleepwalker, as he IS an actual person. Not just an actor

Comment

I don't think being an actor in an Awakening Mystery Play is mutually exclusive with being a real person.

Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Still 14 is a really young age for a awakening

Comment

Definitely. I've never heard of such young Awakenings, but I don't think it's impossible. The Watchtowers decides in mysterious processes.

Comment

I wonder how the pentcales would react to a 11 and 15 year old awakening

Comment

Speaking of young awakening I hope innocent 2 edition talks about supernatural children

Comment

Thank you all for responding. I have seen an Over the Garden Wall short on YouTube in which Greg and Wirt along with Beatrix in bluebird form are looking for The Book of the Unknown. I also know that there are some comic books, but I haven't read any of them yet. It may be that once you've visited the Unknown that you never quite leave; a situation that might well apply to Changeling, Geist and Mage alike. Can anyone make the argument for this being a Hunter: the Vigil story?

Comment

Working...
                              X