Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CofD to be added to the Storyteller's Vault!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully this means I can make a "Requiem for Roanoke", detailing the Kindred of the Roanoke Valley and their various struggles and intrigues.

Comment

I'm eyeing a Requiem for Tidewater, or Hampton Roads, or Greater Norfolk-Newport News-Virginia Beach. My area's got a bit of an identity crisis.

Comment

And if I did a Requiem for Northern Virginia, we'll have pretty much covered the state!

Comment

Huh. So sorta like legal fan fiction. Neat! How do they judge quality? Do they just put everything out and see what makes money? And is there any staff making sure thst nothing accidentally contradicts established canon or other supplements? Or is canon decided by the individual based on which supplements they use?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
            Huh. So sorta like legal fan fiction. Neat! How do they judge quality? Do they just put everything out and see what makes money? And is there any staff making sure thst nothing accidentally contradicts established canon or other supplements? Or is canon decided by the individual based on which supplements they use?
            The ST Vault does cover this. Here's what they got on content guidelines (obviously nothing on CofD stuff specifically yet).

As for approval processes...
            Will material be approved by White Wolf before it is published on the Storytellers Vault?

There will not be a formal approval process by White Wolf or OneBookShelf, per se. However, if you’re found to be breaking our content guidelines, there will be repercussions. For example, your content can be pulled from the site, you might be ejected from the Storytellers Guild as a content creator, and you would receive no payment for copies sold.
            Source

Comment

Ok, so this is what I get:

* they check that it looks well put-together and uses the right formatting styles, but no editing help is provided

*None of this can override major parts of canon. No shards either

*doesn t seem like there is some staff committee checking that the supplements don't contradict each other or minor canon elements. This will only be annoying to the idiots like me who try to fit everything into one cohesive universe (plus timeline shards)

*No creating original fictional municipalities as settings, which seems odd

Comment

*None of this can override major parts of canon. No shards either
                Well because CofD doesn't have a fixed metaplot timeline the same way as WoD, that rule *might* not apply to CofD. Of course, we won't know for sure until the ST Vault for CofD is formally announced.

*No creating original fictional municipalities as settings, which seems odd
                Considering the examples they used are cities from other pre-existing, non-WW works, I believe the concern is not infringing on copyright from other works.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
                  Considering the examples they used are cities from other pre-existing, non-WW works, I believe the concern is not infringing on copyright from other works.
                  They went on to suggest using real-world locations though

Oh. That was just a suggestion. Duh

Comment

This is awesome news, which is very welcome coming from CofD.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Update! Dark Eras, Second Sight, Skinchangers, Tales of the Thirteenth Precinct, and other mortal book materials will also be unlocked from the work go.

https://www.facebook.com/storyteller...type=3&theater

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Mirrors gets to the Vault? Well, it seems like I'm finally going to finish that fantasy setting of mine :P

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                          Mirrors gets to the Vault? Well, it seems like I'm finally going to finish that fantasy setting of mine :P
                          It will have to use 1e rules I think

Comment

It will have to use 1e rules I think
                            I wouldn't be so sure about that. Everything I've read suggests all content can be 1e or 2e. I'd be surprised if Mirrors was restricted to 1e only.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

I'm a bit anal about these things though so I kinda want an official set of comprehensive rules about what we can or can't write, even if some of my questions seem obvious to other people. Here's my current conundrums:

Can we create entirely new alternate settings, or just new stories in the existing Mirrors settings?

Can we create adventures in what-if scenarios, given that splinter timelines exist according to D:tD?

Can we create new merits, merit templates and minor templates not related to the existing major templates?

Are we allowed to use 1e material in fiction set in the 2e settings, as the comments had clarification that you cannot sell straight translations of NWoD books to CoD?

Can we create new Dark Eras?

Can we make new x, y and z-splats for the major templates?

Dumbest question right here, but it was never officially amswered: can we make up our own original fictional towns and villages, Or are we only allowed to use real places?

Biggest question though is why only the core setting and the main 3? I'm happy to make new horrors and Angels and such, don't get me wrong. But are they waiting to see if this brings in enough money first?
                              Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 10-27-2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Biggest question though is why only the core setting and the main 3? I'm happy to make new horrors and Angels and such, don't get me wrong. But are they waiting to see if this brings in enough money first?
                                Everything I've read has been pretty unequivocal that the other gamelines are coming. I suspect the limited launch has more to with managing the number of resources that need to be made at once for creators and trying to build the community content over time than having a huge glut all at once. The Big Three will generate any hype and content, but if there's any kinks that need to be worked out, they can be changed with the next wave of gamelines.

Comment

Working...
                                X