Unofficial Poll!!,What Eras do you want to see in the next dark eras

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial Poll!!,What Eras do you want to see in the next dark eras

As a bonus pick which game line/s you want .

Here’s mine communist era Mongolia we here in the western world don’t hear about Mongolia expect if it’s about the Golden Horde . Especially not the communist era. It’s a really interesting thing because Mongolia has a strong tradition with Anminism and Shamanism and during the Soviet era. All religions where oppressed.

This is talked about in the really good book ‘Tragic Spirts;Shamanism, Memory, and Gender in Contemporary Mongolia’ of course I want is to focus on Werewolf and Geist dealing with the fact that the spirts are getting angry in there view a sudden lack of respect and worship I guess Geist I’m here to becuase the difference between Spirts and Ghosts gets really blurry

I want more Dark Eras for Beast, they don't have a lot of that. As for when, somewhere between the fourth and sixth century AD in central Europe during and after the fall of the Roman Empire. This is the time where the legendary tales of Beowulf and Sigurd took place, I'm curious to see it through a Beasts perspective and to see whether these Legendary Heroes were like the complete sociopaths that they face in the modern day or if the old epics tales about their selflessness and honor actually do carry some weight. This is also the time of Attila the Hun and his legendary rampages. Is it just me that tends to think that would make an interesting Ravager?
    Last edited by Iceblade44; 10-12-2018, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Beast has like one dark era doesn't It?

A dark era I would like is the red scare. Preferably have it be a crossover of beast and demon. I assume inguma would be having a great time in this era

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
        Beast has like one dark era doesn't It?

A dark era I would like is the red scare. Preferably have it be a crossover of beast and demon. I assume inguma would be having a great time in this era
        Currently just Reconstruction US. Hawara and the Islamic Golden Age are both coming in Dark Eras 2 though.

That said, I would be completely down for a small Dark Eras book just with Beast Eras. And I will continue to advocate that one of them be the Zanzibar Sultanate.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Islamic golden age huh. That one will be great.

What's the history of Zanzibar

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
            Islamic golden age huh. That one will be great.

What's the history of Zanzibar
            Finger crossed!

Basically, what happened is that the Sultans of Oman (in Arabia) conquered the islands Zanzibar (off the Swahili coast of southeast Africa), setting up a small but influential trading empire, particularly in the slave trade. Zanzibar broke away midway through the Nineteenth century, then only a few decades later, German East Africa was proclaimed on the mainland. You end up with many, many different cultures in the region, as well as a lot of mystique around the islands themselves. Even today, jinn are said to haunt the streets of Zanzibar at night, and healers and sorcerers make deals with them to work their magic.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

On Beast, still promoting Beast/Changeling Book of Invasions Ireland, with the Fomorian Beasts against the God-Heroes, the Tuatha de Danaan.

Also I still think Changeling/Werewolf French Resistance would be rad.

Also Geist/Demon...really, any war involving Christianity, but I've got a bias towards the Hundred Years War.
              Last edited by ArcaneArts; 10-12-2018, 12:05 AM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
              Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
              Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

Comment

I'm glad we got Werewolf in the Western Front, but could still go for Forsaken in Vietnam.

Comment

There’s. Actually a comic called Namwolf which is about a guy who experiences his first change while drafted in Vietnam
                  https://www.amazon.com/Namwolf-1-Fab.../dp/B06Y1BNM1J

Comment

Beast/Demon crossover inspired by Hindu epics.

Angels and Demons exploit local faiths, with Beasts filling in as Rakshasas, all the while the Hindu civilisation forms around them.
                    Last edited by Teatime; 10-12-2018, 02:35 PM.

Find my Homebrew Fangs of Mara 2ed update Here

Comment

Werewolf / Mage in a wild west setting.

The clash of European Uratha spreading into vast swathes of territory, and the push back of Native packs as the old and new world Hisil collide. Mages grappling over the concept of manifest destiny, the Seers trying to use it as a wave to continue to crush and subjugate, the diamond trying to use it as a force to protect the current settlement, and (most)Native willworkers and libertines trying to nullify its effects altogether.
                      Last edited by Dom2772; 10-12-2018, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom2772 View Post
                        Werewolf / Mage in a wild west setting.

The clash of European Uratha spreading into vast swathes of territory, and the push back of Native packs as the old and new world Hisil collide. Mages grappling over the concept of manifest destiny, the Seers trying to use it as a wave to continue to crush and subjugate, the diamond trying to use it as a force to protect the current settlement, and (most)Native willworkers and libertines trying to nullify its effects altogether.
                        Good news! There is a Wild West setting in Dark Eras 2, and one half of it is Mage!

(The other half is Changeling)

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                          There’s. Actually a comic called Namwolf which is about a guy who experiences his first change while drafted in Vietnam
                          https://www.amazon.com/Namwolf-1-Fab.../dp/B06Y1BNM1J
                          I knew that, thanks. It does a good job of shoving them into the thick of it but I think when it comes to these eras people generally want their gamelines of choice to be large and in charge, and not on the backstep.

Another one I was interested in was werewolf during the colonizations of Australia and South America.

Comment

Personally, I would love to see something done with the Northern/Baltic Crusades. Almost any line could be appropriate, except maybe Mummy...

Comment

Personally i would really like to see a Promethean Dark era in the aftermath of WW2 specifically about the survivors of the Nazi camps (with the theme of building your life back)

Comment

Working...
                              X