Uncle Yo's Chroniclers of Darkness - Audio Play Podcasts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle Yo's Chroniclers of Darkness - Audio Play Podcasts

...kinda surprised that no one has mentioned this here, but yeah.

Uncle Yo, famed geek comedian, is actually a huge fan of Chronicles of Darkness. So much so that, a few years ago, he apparently held a panel where he would try to summarize, and pitch, all of the CofD gamelines in 10 minutes to each. Playlist here.

(and apparently he did discuss Mummy, Demon, and Beast, but the camera's battery died so no footage)

But from there he and other voice actors and the like collaborated together to make audio drama podcasts for each gameline. In seasone 1 he did:

Vampire: the Requiem - "Be Kine to Your Neighbors"
    Changeling: the Lost - "Down the Rabbit Hole"
    Hunter: the Vigil - "Neighborhood Watch"
    Geist: the Sin Eaters - "Tombstone Kings of Queens"

Season 2 has started and now he's doing Geist and Changeling again, but he's also doing new ones for Werewolf, Mage, Promethean, and Demon. Geist s2 is already finished, and Promethean is two episodes in.

Geist: the Sin Eaters season 2
    Promethean: the Created
    Mage: the Awakening - "Mind over Matter"
    Demon: the Descent - "God-Complex"

Season 3

Changeling: the Lost 2e mini-series - "The Vatheck's Oath"

Edit 1: Added Mage playlist.
    Edit 2: Non-YT website here.
    Edit 3: Added Demon playlist
    Edit 4: Added Changeling 2e playlist
    Last edited by tasti man LH; 06-15-2019, 01:06 AM.

That's awesome! It would sick if he did some for Dark Eras too!

(Although I am admittedly quite biased in that regard.)

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Also, why I have no idea the production timeline for these things, some of these are obviously referencing 1e and not 2e.

For instance, while Geist 2e was released months before the s2 Geist audio plays were released, it still mostly sticks with 1e canon. So it would be likely that these episodes were made long before the Geist 2e KS draft dropped.

Although, the jury is out on Changeling s2 will be referencing the updated material from 2e.

Comment

His stuff is totally awesome -- you should absolutely check his stuff out! As tasti says, Uncle Yo is legitimately a massive Onyx Path/White Wolf fan, and his podcasts do a great job of capturing the feel of the CofD!!

(Full disclosure -- my wife did the artwork/logos for the series, and I may have been lucky enough to have discussed certain mechanics with Yo to help make sure the podcasts worked within the rulesets!)

Comment

Promethean episode 3: "Torment"

Comment

Promethean episode 4: "Flux"

Comment

The Promethean storyline comes to a close with Episode 5: Mercurious

Comment

Is there much visual stuff or can i get the full experience by audio alone?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                  Is there much visual stuff or can i get the full experience by audio alone?
                  There is a little bit but not much.

Season 2 has had still images of the character's faces, and the occasional other still image with some effects to punctuate certain scenes. Personally, I never felt like they were necessary to the listening experience, just a enhancement.

Comment

Started listening before i actually saw your response and i am hooked. Is he chronicling single-PC games or are the other characters also PCs?

EDIT: talking mostly about the first game, which i am about halfway through

Comment

Started listening before i actually saw your response and i am hooked. Is he chronicling single-PC games or are the other characters also PCs?

EDIT: talking mostly about the first game, which i am about halfway through
                      There's one central character that most of the story follows, but will occasionally switch perspectives to the other characters.

Also it is imperative to watch Season 1 before Season 2, because many of the events in Season 2 directly follows up on certain characters and events from Season 1.

...I say this because I made the mistake of doing otherwise because I assume all these stories were stand alone.

Comment

I always listen in order. Just finished season 1 and have a question:

Am i supposed to recognize the voice on the phone at the end of episode 6 before the russian guy i presume is a Circle vampire cuts in? Because i don't and if i'm supposed to know him i would like to.

Comment

I always listen in order. Just finished season 1 and have a question:
                          Which gameline story arc are we talking here?

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

Which gameline story arc are we talking here?
                            Tombstone Kings of Queens. By season 1, I meant the first six part story/journal

Comment

I had previously not put this up since I thought this was a one-off...but apparently not.

Two in-story "podcasts" between two of New York's finest(?) Kindred, Sheriff Devon and Murray. The second episode sounding like a tease for the next story arc...which unless if there's a surprise-VtR arc, no idea on what it's for. The one comment speculating it might be for CtL s2.

Comment

Working...
                              X