• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demon episode 2: Data Ex Machina

Comment

Demon episode 3: Fragment

Comment

So... What the hell -is- Lyla Claghorn?

I am very confused. Also, still confused by what happened in the old Changeling serial
        Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 03-23-2019, 04:23 PM.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
          So... What the hell -is- Lyla Claghorn?
          ...which story arc we talking?

EDIT: Oh, nvm, latest Demon episode, got it. Sec.

I am very confused. Also, still confused by what happened in the old Changeling serial
          What about it specifically?
          Last edited by tasti man LH; 03-24-2019, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
            What about it specifically?
            Um, the whole thing honestly

Comment

Um, the whole thing honestly
              That's...not super helpful. >_<

What's there not to get on the initial premise of finding a missing Autumn Courtier?

Comment

I think i need to relisten and then ill have more specific questions.

Comment

I think i need to relisten and then ill have more specific questions.
                  K then.

(and as a reminder, that particular arc was made and released LONG before CtL2e even had a KS. So it's still sticking to the 1e depiction of Changeling)

Comment

Good to know. Do i need any knowledge that's not in the 1e Changeling corebook to understand it?

Comment

Good to know. Do i need any knowledge that's not in the 1e Changeling corebook to understand it?
                      Not the person to ask, since I haven't really looked at 1e to any in-depth extent. -_-

But what I DO know...
                      • Oaths and Pledgecraft were a LOT stronger in 1e then they are in 2e (to the point that in retrospect people are calling 1e Oaths and Pledgecraft broken), and play a prominent part in this audioplay. If you've seen some of the complaints out and about the forums that 2e went too far in nerfing Oaths and Pledges...that's why.
                      • Not a single mention of Huntsmen of any kind.
                      • Still sticking to the 1e take of having kiths be exclusive to certain Seemings. Main character is an Elemental Woodblood...and therefore there are no Beast Woodbloods, Fairest Woodblood, etc.
                      So yeah, off the top of my head, two fairly superficial things, one thing that isn't as powerful in the latest edition versus the old.

Comment

Ok, just got through that whole storyline over the course of the day. Feeling very sad, but have lots of new info refreshed. The insane power of Pledges and the lack of the unavoidable Oathbreaker condition played a huge role in the story, so glad i kept that in mind.

Now I'll put all my many questions under a spoiler tag to save space.

What is the Vathic? At first I thought that he was a Changeling with a powerful Entitlement, but I'm not sure anymore. Is he a True Fae, maybe a Charlatan? Is he one of those weird Dream Gods from the later supplements, like Eris?

Was the Vathic the being that guarded the Wishing Well that Kip wished on long ago? When did she find that well? Was it just the will of the Wyrd that the Hedge Gate in the taxi led to that well? Was it because of Brindle's "the path to her will be clear" blessing affecting his luck? Was it something Kip orchestrated personally?

I think I understand bits and pieces of, Kip's plan, but not all of it. I'm pretty sure she lured The Vathic to her fetch's dream with the The Horn of the Hunt (which makes it sound like he was a True Fae). I know that part of the plan was so she could shed her identity by taking on the role of The Vathic (which makes it sound like he was a Changeling with a unique Entitlement) and give her old identity to her new Fetch. I know Brundle giving the Fetch the clay heart and welcoming her home activated the Bull Man's slave-swapping pledge. But I lose the trail there. I saw how she tricked the Vathic out of most of his vestmests, but how did she get the lantern? Did Brundle actually hear the Fetch's story we heard that explained the plan? Did he give up his position willingly like the Fetch said or was he tricked like his last speech before the end seems to indicate? Why didn't she bring the clay heart in with her herself? How much did the Fetch actually know?

What was the point of the coin and the wishing well?

What was the clockwork Wizened's (Hatchway or something) game in all this? I didn't understand his machinations. If he didn't want to help Kip, why did he hire Brundle to help get her out?

I don't remember if Changelings who jump into a dream actually die if killed there in 1e. So I don't know whether Pete survived.

Did the Autumn Court know about Madame Fung's deal with Mistress Hatter? Were they the ones who relayed Pete's info to her?

What did the Autumn Court in general want with custom-made Fetches besides Kip's plan?

What was it that Brundle stole that got him ousted? Is it just never mentioned or did I miss it?

Was the Vathic Kip's Keeper or did she just become a Changeling when she was separated from her love?

Also, in terms of the current story, still unsure what Lyla Claghorn is.
                        Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 03-26-2019, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Now I'll put all my many questions under a spoiler tag to save space.
                          Dude. BREATHE.

...also I don't immediately have any answers, since I would need to re-listen to the audioplay. -_-

That said, there IS an s2 of CtL planned, so who kknows maybe there'll be clear-er answers.

Also, in terms of the current story, still unsure what Lyla Claghorn is.
                          I'm not super-down on my lore-knowledge of DtD (as of right now, only read the corebook, and I've been busy planning a chronicle that's not-DtD) but, from what I know of how Stigmatics...I THINK they were trying to imply Lyla was either an Angel or Demon? That she specifically was the catalyst for her gaining Stigmatic powers? Especially with the mention of her being a part of/running a cult.

Comment

Demon episode 4: Sermon of Silicon

Comment

Demon episode 5: Revelation

Comment

Ok. What just happened in this episode?

All i can tell is that i think I have a better idea of what Changeling s2 will be about. I wonder if they will stick to 1e, retcon some events to fit rid of stuff that doesn't work the same in 2e or provide some sort of handwave about shifts in the Wyrd due to all the crazy stuff going on
                                Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 04-07-2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X