NPCs Reasons - Small Town

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    Do not really want very grim in idea - it's for the Beast game already, and investor tries to be bright element in this scenario.

Without going into dark tones - Maybe NPC just renovate previous resorts as 'bright holidays vacations plans' for Scandinavian people? For Northmen, Britain's towns must seems as 'bright and colorful' places.
    Do you have any particular towns in mind? What you're describing sounds like Tenby to me. That's in Wales, but it's in a region that has had a predominantly English culture since the Middle Ages sometimes called "Little England beyond Wales". It's a medieval walled town, complete with a nearby monastery, that turned into a spa resort in the early 19th century and has kept a relatively classy reputation ever since. I would imagine that similar English towns might be found on the south coast. Still, Scandinavian tourists is much too niche a market. Personally, I don't recall meeting one anywhere. I don't know if any small British seaside resorts are popular with international tourists. Perhaps a place where surfers go?

Comment

Remember, I'm just Polish guy that read and watch a lot and is in-homeland Britophile. I never was in UK myself.

Originally posted by Spencer from The Hills View Post
      Do you have any particular towns in mind?
      No, I just making up 'typical, British small town' setting for my one shot games. It's totally made up for this.

What you're describing sounds like Tenby to me. That's in Wales, but it's in a region that has had a predominantly English culture since the Middle Ages sometimes called "Little England beyond Wales".
      Maybe. I my subconsciously base my general vision on Little Britain TV series I watched few years ago. Or Fawlty Towers.

It's a medieval walled town, complete with a nearby monastery, that turned into a spa resort in the early 19th century and has kept a relatively classy reputation ever since. I would imagine that similar English towns might be found on the south coast.
      I will take those details in account and look into Tenby itself.

Still, Scandinavian tourists is much too niche a market. Personally, I don't recall meeting one anywhere. I don't know if any small British seaside resorts are popular with international tourists. Perhaps a place where surfers go?
      Where would surfers go then?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Where would surfers go then?
        I think Cornwall tends to be the place. Though South Wales has similar conditions.

Comment

Without going into dark tones - Maybe NPC just renovate previous resorts as 'bright holidays vacations plans' for Scandinavian people? For Northmen, Britain's towns must seems as 'bright and colorful' places.
          As a Swede who's been to both England and Scotland? Not really. We're generally much better at painting our houses in bright colours and the weather does much to liven Sweden up in both summers (where it's generally less rainy than the UK) and the winters when we have much more snow that reflects sunlight (to the point where I'm personally carrying sunglasses year round).
          Now I would personally love an atmospheric resort with rustic architecture, but as noted they might not be financially sound to invest in and unlikely to attract an outsider.

What you could do is add a compound reason for this character's move into this city. Perhaps he's starting a business in this unknown little town because his partner comes from here and they've visited several times on vacations so that he's been able to scout any opportunities? Maybe he's establishing a business partnership with an in-law who wanted to open a shop or pub that they felt missing from the town?

Bloodline: The Stygians
          Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
          Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Working...
          X