Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Eras 1 Appreciation

Hey All,

Ever seen something so hyped that you start thinking to yourself "There is no way it's THAT good".

Well, 9 pages into Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras and I have to admit: It IS that good!

I can't wait to read more of it tonight and I just want to say that this is a wonderful idea and gives me so much inspiration as a beginning ST to want to make these cross Era games!

Well done OPP!

-Matt

I love this book and the companion. I'm doing a Requiem for Regina and a Hunter Salem game already, and players made characters for a Beast Reconstruction game. All great times had.

Comment

As I just bought DE and DEC and I have to many of the stuff there is great. Plenty of good storyhooks.

Comment

I really loved idea of DE 1, at general. I even run now Werewolf Viking game for 1,5 year now. And Mage or Werewolf stuff in this books is golden. But as I strife more into Beast now, I miss dearly more Eras with Beasts. Happily, Islamic Golden Age in DE 2 sounds as great thing for me then to 'SATE that HUNGER'.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
          I really loved idea of DE 1, at general. I even run now Werewolf Viking game for 1,5 year now. And Mage or Werewolf stuff in this books is golden. But as I strife more into Beast now, I miss dearly more Eras with Beasts. Happily, Islamic Golden Age in DE 2 sounds as great thing for me then to 'SATE that HUNGER'.
          Fingers crossed on that.

But yeah, Dark Eras was fricking awesome. It's preview doc made me open up towards gamelines that I had been ambivalent towards previously. Then it made me reemerse myself in the study of history. It's pretty cool when a book has that profound of an effect on your life. I can look back and say 100% that it made me a better, more informed person and that's before taking into account that it also got the ball rolling that would end up with me freelancing.

Have I ever meantioned here that when I was a kid, I always wanted to be an author and write about fantasy worlds? I did. I set it aside pretty young though because it's so hard to manage it as a primary career. Funny how the world works.

So yeah, it's a fantastic book and I get a warm fuzzy feeling every time I look at my copy.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
            DE2 also has the Middle Kingdom Egypt era with Beast, Promethean, and Werewolf!

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path freelance writer & developer
            Changeling: The Lost developer
            Mage: The Awakening developer

Comment

Yeah as someone who had no faith in Neolithic period I was really turned around by it, but I've enjoyed pretty much all the eras even though I've only been able to run a few, I keep looking forward to running more (and Dark Eras 2).

Comment

Working...
              X