• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lbeaumanior
    started a topic Breaking points and supernaturals

Breaking points and supernaturals

Greetings,

I have doubts on breaking points and creatures with a different Integrity-like stat, do Integrity breaking points apply to them too? If so, do merits like Support Network, affect them too? My current understanding would be:

Clarity: Not affected, but can use Support Network
    Cover: Not affected, no Support Network
    Harmony: Not affected, no Support Network
    Humanity: Affected, and can use Support Network
    Pilgrimage: Not affected, but can use Support Network
    Wisdom: Not affected, but can use Support Network

However, I would like to know if this is covered somewhere and I am just speculating.

Thanks
    Last edited by lbeaumanior; 12-15-2018, 12:44 PM.

• lbeaumanior
    replied
    Originally posted by Tessie View Post
    Integrity breaking points only apply to Integrity, but some Integrity equivalents does have overlap in what can be a breaking point. They do so for different reasons, though.
    A human committing murder face a breaking point because it's a traumatic experience. A vampire committing murder face a breaking point because it's an act that resonates much closer to their beastly instincts and pushes away the humanity that they otherwise cling to (unless they're already monstrous enough that it won't push them further away from their human nature). A mage committing murder face a breaking point because murder is a drastic measure that shows that you don't have control (and in opposition to the former two, the more the murder is deliberated and planned, the lesser the breaking point is).

I do think that Humanity is the trait that could work most with Support Network (but limited to Touchstone interactions and has a lower dot rating maximum, if I were to rewrite it) followed by Wisdom, but by the book Support Network (and other Merits that specify they work with Integrity) does not apply to any other Integrity equivalent trait. Expanding it and other similar effects to other traits would be a house rule and thus something that has to be discussed and approved at each individual table.

Side note: Clarity could work, but only if the support network consists of other changelings and/or fae-touched since deprogramming and similar psychological techniques are harmful to Clarity in second edition.
    Thanks for the answer, I go by the rules as written, but I thought that at least Clarity, Humanity, Pilgrimage and Wisdom would have been touched by Support Network.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Integrity breaking points only apply to Integrity, but some Integrity equivalents does have overlap in what can be a breaking point. They do so for different reasons, though.
    A human committing murder face a breaking point because it's a traumatic experience. A vampire committing murder face a breaking point because it's an act that resonates much closer to their beastly instincts and pushes away the humanity that they otherwise cling to (unless they're already monstrous enough that it won't push them further away from their human nature). A mage committing murder face a breaking point because murder is a drastic measure that shows that you don't have control (and in opposition to the former two, the more the murder is deliberated and planned, the lesser the breaking point is).

I do think that Humanity is the trait that could work most with Support Network (but limited to Touchstone interactions and has a lower dot rating maximum, if I were to rewrite it) followed by Wisdom, but by the book Support Network (and other Merits that specify they work with Integrity) does not apply to any other Integrity equivalent trait. Expanding it and other similar effects to other traits would be a house rule and thus something that has to be discussed and approved at each individual table.

Side note: Clarity could work, but only if the support network consists of other changelings and/or fae-touched since deprogramming and similar psychological techniques are harmful to Clarity in second edition.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X