Second Sight Third Eye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Sight Third Eye

Is it a thorough update and is it worth buying?

I think it was worth it. Few more powers would've been nice, like new versions of Enchantment and Internal Alchemy, but I can homebrew them easily enough. Cleaner, updated systems for powers, templates and dark cults are nice. ^^

Comment

Woah, when did this come out?

[Edit] Hah, it touches on the Clash of Wills topic that I was asking about right from the get go. They went with the less exciting, but more consistent option.
      Last edited by proindrakenzol; 12-18-2018, 07:23 AM.

Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Mind/Forces) built around being a human computer; Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Matter/Prime) focusing on the creation of Imbued items and the enhancement of Sleeper technology

Comment

I think it's worth buying but I may be partially biased...

But if you have any questions about it, feel free to ask.

Originally posted by Crazy_Ivan View Post
        I think it was worth it. Few more powers would've been nice, like new versions of Enchantment and Internal Alchemy, but I can homebrew them easily enough. Cleaner, updated systems for powers, templates and dark cults are nice. ^^
        The idea was that I didn't want to replicate things too much. Internal Alchemy is partially covered by Biokinesis at the low level, and then the higher level I made its own merit , Ephemeral Transmutation (more expensive since it's no longer template-exclusive, admittedly). Admittedly it'd likely be good to have a mental equivalent of Biokinesis to round that out. Something to add to my list for if I do a major update of the book down the line.

Similarly, Enchantment is covered by Psychic Empathy (which I even mentioned is sometimes called "Enchantment") which a THaumaturge can then use their merit to ritualize.

Storytellers' Vault supplements (WoD, CoD)
        My Patreon! (Current CofD bonuses: Fae Sorcery for Vampires, Generic Blood Tenebrous, and Theurgy for Second Sight)

Comment

Originally posted by falco1029 View Post
          I think it's worth buying but I may be partially biased...

But if you have any questions about it, feel free to ask.

The idea was that I didn't want to replicate things too much. Internal Alchemy is partially covered by Biokinesis at the low level, and then the higher level I made its own merit , Ephemeral Transmutation (more expensive since it's no longer template-exclusive, admittedly). Admittedly it'd likely be good to have a mental equivalent of Biokinesis to round that out. Something to add to my list for if I do a major update of the book down the line.

Similarly, Enchantment is covered by Psychic Empathy (which I even mentioned is sometimes called "Enchantment&quot which a THaumaturge can then use their merit to ritualize.

Ah, true that. But yeah, I like this book a lot. The thaumaturge template is much more versatile, powerful and streamlined than before and the ability to ritualize Instant powers is great. Running a game focused on Second Sight and Reliquary now, and this will be useful. 😁

Edit: And I will propably use new Activation Option for thaumaturges, Ritual. Meaning Merit that would normally be instant can´t be activated without a ritual that takes less time than normal meditation roll, similar to old Second Sight low magic.
          Last edited by Crazy_Ivan; 12-18-2018, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Ivan View Post

Ah, true that. But yeah, I like this book a lot. The thaumaturge template is much more versatile, powerful and streamlined than before and the ability to ritualize Instant powers is great. Running a game focused on Second Sight and Reliquary now, and this will be useful. 😁

Edit: And I will propably use new Activation Option for thaumaturges, Ritual. Meaning Merit that would normally be instant can´t be activated without a ritual that takes less time than normal meditation roll, similar to old Second Sight low magic.
            Glad to hear it!

My Patreon! (Current CofD bonuses: Fae Sorcery for Vampires, Generic Blood Tenebrous, and Theurgy for Second Sight)

Comment

What about shamans and vodouns/houngans? Their main selling point was the ability to summon and ward spirits and ghosts, but with the current rules anyone with enough dots in occults and research about the entity can potentially do the same.
              Last edited by Raistlin; 12-19-2018, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin View Post
                What about shamans and vodouns/houngans? Their main selling point was the ability to summon and ward spirits and ghosts, but with the current rules anyone with enough dots in occults and research about the entity can potentially do the same.
                There's some merits for that, and with their tradition they gain some benefits to make it easier for them too. It's not quite an exclusive capability anymore, but definitely something they're well suited to.

Comment

i LOVE this, very great.

Comment

Is it only available in pdf format?

Comment

Originally posted by ThriceHonored View Post
                      Is it only available in pdf format?
                      Vault stuff is PDF only, currently, so yeah.

Comment

As the person who wrote all the Supernatural Merits in Hurt Locker, I'd just like to say that this is the kind of book I was dreaming of when I wrote it. I tried to address as much as I could with the space and content constraints I was under, but I'm glad someone else was able to pick up the torch and really give Second Sighters the revival they so richly deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by WillR View Post
                          As the person who wrote all the Supernatural Merits in Hurt Locker, I'd just like to say that this is the kind of book I was dreaming of when I wrote it. I tried to address as much as I could with the space and content constraints I was under, but I'm glad someone else was able to pick up the torch and really give Second Sighters the revival they so richly deserved.
                          I did what I could! And for what it's worth, I loved the merits in Hurt Locker, and how unique so many of them were. They really expanded what 'supernatural merit' could mean, and it helped guide me along how I did the Thaum/Psychic split.

Comment

So, to avoid spamming too many threads for a Vault supplement, I'll post here.

I was considering updating Third Eye to a fuller extent than the typo corrections I've done thus far, a 2.0 version so to speak. I know I've wanted to include some sample cults for the example Things That Should Not Be, and there's a few other minor things I wanna add some detail for.

Is there anything not too huge people would wanna see added? Better description for something, or an example of whatever?

Comment

Originally posted by falco1029 View Post
                              So, to avoid spamming too many threads for a Vault supplement, I'll post here.

Is there anything not too huge people would wanna see added? Better description for something, or an example of whatever?
                              I'm not familiar with the original, but what I would love in all of the CoD works is turn-by-turn examples of combat or other interactions (searches, evasions, etc.) especially how different systems interact. And I don't mean simply an example of how one spell works, but how an extended interaction of several characters actually works.

It took several iterations and lots of help from others for me to write up a simple one angel/one demon combat sequence. I'd love to see examples of other systems carefully explained.

Comment

Working...
                              X