No announcement yet.

2019 Kickstarter schedule speculation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, in the last Kickstarter update for the Pugmire properties Eddy mentioned that they're looking to start the Kickstarter for Pirates of Pugmire 'in the coming months'. I think I would like to lay money down on Pirates of Pugmire actually being the one to follow Contagion Chronicle.

Comment

Hunter 2E and Deviant are all that matter to me. I wanna see how Hunter interacts with both Changeling and Deviant. The Hunt Begins Ever Anew. Also, I would like to note that Deviant kinda strikes me as Man-made Changelings. I believe I am going to enjoy the parallels between the two.

Comment

Here's a rundown of the "still-to-be Kickstarted" projects from Monday's Meeting Blog: (I've included Cults of the Blood Gods since the last V5 project Chicago by Night for V5 got a kickstarter) It is of interest that Lunars 3 is listed as in Development but still got to Kickstarter before Contagion, so the exact placement on the development process isn't an exact estimator of relative placement in this year's KS schedule. Based on this though, I would suggest that depending on when the Trinity Core and Aeon get to the printing stage, the next KS after Contation will be either Trinity: Aberrant (if the Core and Aeon make it to Print by the time Contagion's KS begins) or Hunter 2e (if Trinity Core and Aeon are not yet at print AND Hunter 2e gets through Manuscript Approval by the time Contagion' KS is halfway done). Pirates of Pugmire would be my guess for the third KS after Trinity: Aberrant and Hunter 2. After that it is all up for grabs based on speed of writing, editing, dev and art collection between Deviant, Mummy 2, and possibly Cults of the Blood Gods IF that one gets a KS. With the three Scion books and Legendlore still being in First Draft, I would not expect any of them to get kickstarters until LATE in 2019 or perhaps early in 2020.
        First Draft (The first phase of a project that is about the work being done by writers, not dev prep)
        • Legendlore core book (Legendlore)
        • Scion: Demigod (Scion 2nd Edition)
        • Masks of the Mythos (Scion 2nd Edition)
        • Scion: Dragon (Scion 2nd Edition)
        Redlines
        • Mummy: The Curse 2nd Edition core rulebook (Mummy: The Curse 2nd Edition)
        • Cults of the Blood Gods (Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition)
        Second Draft
        • Deviant: The Renegades (Deviant: The Renegades)
        Development
        • Hunter: the Vigil 2e core (Hunter: the Vigil 2nd Edition)
        • Lunars: Fangs at the Gate (Exalted 3rd Edition)
        • Pirates of Pugmire (Realms of Pugmire)
        Manuscript Approval:
        • Trinity Continuum: Aberrant core (Trinity Continuum: Aberrant)
        Editing:
        • CofD Contagion Chronicle (Chronicles of Darkness)
        Post-Editing Development:
        Indexing:

In Art Direction
        • Hunter: The Vigil 2e
        • Contagion Chronicle AD’d for KS
        In Layout:
        Proofing:
        • Trinity Core – Putting inMind Meld changes.
        • Trinity Aeon – Putting in Mind Meld changes.
        At Press
        • Scion Hero – Printing. PoD proof getting worked on.
        • Scion Origin – Printing. PoD proof ordered
        My new KS predictions:
        Late March/Early April 2019: Contagion Chronicle
        Mid-May 2019: Trinity:Aberrant
        Late June/Early July 2019: Hunter 2E
        Early August 2019: Pirates of Pugmire
        Mid-September 2019: Deviant the Renegade
        Late October/Early November 2019: Cult of the Blood Gods V5
        Early December 2019: Mummy 2e

Comment

Also, I should note that on the World of Darkness 20 note, Mage20's Technocracy Reloaded and Victorian Mage are also being considered for KS. With TR being at Second Drafts stage like Deviant.

And that's without even considering the possibility of Hunter: the Reckoning 20th (which admittedly is less certain as of this post).

Comment

Good point! I can't belief I forgot to include Technocracy Reloaded and Victorian Mage!

Comment

Contagion Chronicle's Kickstarter is coming before the end of March! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFTknuOdHGk (start at 2 minutes, 15 seconds to hear that particular announcement)

Comment

Originally posted by Extant Reality View Post
                Hunter 2E and Deviant are all that matter to me. I wanna see how Hunter interacts with both Changeling and Deviant. The Hunt Begins Ever Anew. Also, I would like to note that Deviant kinda strikes me as Man-made Changelings. I believe I am going to enjoy the parallels between the two.
                My Man

but seriously Hunter 2E by Summer would be great

Didn't anyone ever tell you not to bring claws to a gun fight?

Comment

Originally posted by LeicsFox View Post

My Man

but seriously Hunter 2E by Summer would be great
                  Thanks and agreed. I do hope that they write any and all future books to be entertaining to read and use.

Comment

Pirates of Pugmire is the next KS!!! http://theonyxpath.com/whats-the-con...meeting-notes/

Comment

Originally posted by Robert D View Post
                      Pirates of Pugmire is the next KS!!! http://theonyxpath.com/whats-the-con...meeting-notes/
                      Really, I will not overpay my credit card. Contagion now, next Pirates, what next - Hunter 2E? Deviant? Oh my poor wallet!

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

You thought it was Hunter, but it was me, Dio!

(I don't know.)

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Updated Prediction on the last days of the Contagion Chronicles
                          Early May 2019: Pirates of Pugmire (confirmed here: http://theonyxpath.com/whats-the-con...meeting-notes/)
                          Mid-June 2019: Hunter 2E
                          Early August 2019: Trinity: Aberrant
                          Mid-September 2019: Deviant the Renegade or M20 Technocracy Reloaded
                          Late October/Early November 2019: Cult of the Blood Gods V5 or Deviant or M20 TR
                          Early December 2019: Mummy 2e or Cult of the Blood Gods V5

Premise/Argument 1: I'm betting Hunter 2e will be next as it's been in Art Direction for some time, and Trinity Core and Aeon are not yet out of indexing, so even though the text of Aberrant has gotten to Manuscript Approval, and Hunter hasn't, Hunter is already a bit along in the Art department and doesn't have to wait for earlier books to finish the publication process the way Aberrant does.

Premise/Argument 2: Technocracy and Deviant are both in Development (Deviant more recently though), making them the next furthest along of the KS considered books. Making both contenders for the Mid and Late Fall Kickstarters

Premise/Argument 3: Cult of the Blood Gods for V5 has recently moved into second Drafts (and has been moving quite rapidly in its writing process). It's comparative speed in the process of publication gives me hope that it will be either the mid-Fall or December 2019 Kickstarter.

Premise/Argument 4: Mummy the Curse 2E is still in Redlines, making it likely to either be the last of this year's Kickstarters or the first of the 2020 Kickstarters.

Premise/Argument 5: Scion: Dragons, Scion: Cthulu, Scion: Demigod, & M20 Victorian Mage are all in First Drafts still, making 2019 kickstarters unlikely, put possibly showing us the 2020 KS schedule, possibly with Mummy the Curse 2E, and who knows, there are still several varieties of Exalted that have yet to get Kickstarters.

Thoughts?

Comment

Well Hunter had to get some stuff rewritten because of certain things. so they might do pirates and something else before they do Hunter. I do hope the kickstarter drops soon though.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post
                              Well Hunter had to get some stuff rewritten because of certain things.
                              ?

First time I'm hearing this. Source?

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

?

First time I'm hearing this. Source?
                                http://theonyxpath.com/about-matt-mcfarland/

They removed and are rewriting the sections Matt worked on. So depending on how much he was working on and how fast they can get another writer it might take a little longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X