X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert D
    started a topic 2019 Kickstarter schedule speculation

2019 Kickstarter schedule speculation

Hi everyone! With the new year almost a month in, and the successful completion of the They Came From Beneath the Sea! Kickstarter, and the announcement of the Lunars Exalted 3rd edition kickstarter, I thought I'd be fun to go through a possible schedule of kickstarters this year and see what everyone's guesses are. As we all know Onyxpath does not give estimated end dates for its books or longterm schedule announcements about exact Kickstarter order as part of a very responsible policy to avoid disappointing fans and customers in the event of unforseen schedule changes. That said, it's still fun to guess!
    My predictions for 2019 Kickstarters:
    Feb 12, 2019: Lunars: announced on this past Monday Meetings post
    Early Apr 2019: Hunter the Vigil 2E (as the KS art has been in the works for a some weeks now and is further along than the Contgaion Chronicles art, which has just now been contracted. Plus, both it and Lunars are on the Development phase, so I don't see that as necessarily being a cause for slow down. 2/5/19: Monday Meetings says the HtV2's final KS art is coming in)
    Mid - May 2019: Contagion Chronicles (KS art has been contracted and it's actually further along in the development phases than either Lunars or HtV2e)
    Late June 2019: Trinity Aberrant
    August 2019: Not sure (Deviant the Renegades, Pirates of Pugmire, Mummy the Curse 2E, or Scion: Demigod are all further along (Deviant most; demigod and mummy least) than the Dragon or Mythos)
    Late Sept 2019: Scion: Dragon (today's announcement said KickstarterS - plural - aimed at late 2019, but not on the Monday Meeting's list of in progress yet)
    Early Nov 2019: Scion: Mythos of Chthulu (today's announcement said KickstarterS - plural - aimed at late 2019, but not on the Monday Meeting's list of in progress yet)

Updated Predictions on the last days of the Lunars Kickstarter
    Late March 2019: Contagion Chronicles (confirmed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFTknuOdHGk)
    Early-May 2019: Trinity:Aberrant
    Mid-Late June: Hunter 2E
    Early August 2019: Pirates of Pugmire
    Mid-September 2019: Deviant the Renegade or M20 Technocracy Reloaded
    Late October/Early November 2019: Cult of the Blood Gods V5 or Deviant or M20
    Early December 2019: Mummy 2e or Cult of the Blood Gods V5

Updated Prediction on the last days of the Contagion Chronicles
    Early May 2019: Pirates of Pugmire (confirmed here: http://theonyxpath.com/whats-the-con...meeting-notes/)
    Mid-June 2019: Hunter 2E
    Early August 2019: Trinity: Aberrant
    Late October/Early November 2019: Cult of the Blood Gods V5 or Deviant or M20 TR
    Last edited by Robert D; 04-23-2019, 12:07 PM.

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    Well I'm not into Pugmire or Aberrent, so I'll pass on those. I could use a break from Kickstarter so that is a good thing. I backed Critical Role, Subverse by FOW Studios, Contagion Chronicles, Arcana of the Ancients, and Odyssey of the Dragon Lords in April, so it'd be nice to take a break from kickstarter for a few months.

Leave a comment:

• Robert D
    replied
    This week's Monday Meeting blog showed Aberrant is starting KS art contracting. Moves it up in terms of likelihood to come after Pirates of Pugmire and likely before Hunter 2e now.

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    Yes, it would. Production lines need to keep moving, you can't just sit and wait to put a bow on things.
    I think either you misunderstood what I meant or I'm misunderstanding what you meant. I meant they shouldn't delay the Aberrant kickstarter until the final version of Trinity came out. They don't need a finished version of Trinity for the kickstarter and running the Aberrant kickstarter is not going to slow down Trinity coming out. They're two separate workflows.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by Florin View Post
    Would it? They still have a draft version they can link to. Link that and whatever preview they have going of the Aberrant book at the same time. After all, not everyone funding the campaign will have already bought the Trinity Continuum corebook beforehand. Some people are going to show up because it's Aberrant, and I'll be super surprised if OPP doesn't have pledge levels for the TCC and Aberrant as well as for just the Aberrant book.
    Yes, it would. Production lines need to keep moving, you can't just sit and wait to put a bow on things.

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    Would it? They still have a draft version they can link to. Link that and whatever preview they have going of the Aberrant book at the same time. After all, not everyone funding the campaign will have already bought the Trinity Continuum corebook beforehand. Some people are going to show up because it's Aberrant, and I'll be super surprised if OPP doesn't have pledge levels for the TCC and Aberrant as well as for just the Aberrant book.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by Florin View Post
    I'm not sure OPP is worried about (or should be worried about) getting the Aeon Continuum base book out before they do an Aberrant kickstarter.
    That would really stall out the process.

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    I'm not sure OPP is worried about (or should be worried about) getting the Aeon Continuum base book out before they do an Aberrant kickstarter.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post

http://theonyxpath.com/about-matt-mcfarland/

They removed and are rewriting the sections Matt worked on. So depending on how much he was working on and how fast they can get another writer it might take a little longer.
    ...huh. Not sure how I missed the bit about him writing a bit for Hunter 2e.

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    well whatever happens in the re-writing, hopefully it's done with care

Leave a comment:

• Grimmi05
    replied
    Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

?

First time I'm hearing this. Source?
    http://theonyxpath.com/about-matt-mcfarland/

They removed and are rewriting the sections Matt worked on. So depending on how much he was working on and how fast they can get another writer it might take a little longer.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post
    Well Hunter had to get some stuff rewritten because of certain things.
    ?

First time I'm hearing this. Source?

Leave a comment:

• Grimmi05
    replied
    Well Hunter had to get some stuff rewritten because of certain things. so they might do pirates and something else before they do Hunter. I do hope the kickstarter drops soon though.

Leave a comment:

• Robert D
    replied
    Updated Prediction on the last days of the Contagion Chronicles
    Early May 2019: Pirates of Pugmire (confirmed here: http://theonyxpath.com/whats-the-con...meeting-notes/)
    Mid-June 2019: Hunter 2E
    Early August 2019: Trinity: Aberrant
    Late October/Early November 2019: Cult of the Blood Gods V5 or Deviant or M20 TR

Premise/Argument 1: I'm betting Hunter 2e will be next as it's been in Art Direction for some time, and Trinity Core and Aeon are not yet out of indexing, so even though the text of Aberrant has gotten to Manuscript Approval, and Hunter hasn't, Hunter is already a bit along in the Art department and doesn't have to wait for earlier books to finish the publication process the way Aberrant does.

Premise/Argument 2: Technocracy and Deviant are both in Development (Deviant more recently though), making them the next furthest along of the KS considered books. Making both contenders for the Mid and Late Fall Kickstarters

Premise/Argument 3: Cult of the Blood Gods for V5 has recently moved into second Drafts (and has been moving quite rapidly in its writing process). It's comparative speed in the process of publication gives me hope that it will be either the mid-Fall or December 2019 Kickstarter.

Premise/Argument 4: Mummy the Curse 2E is still in Redlines, making it likely to either be the last of this year's Kickstarters or the first of the 2020 Kickstarters.

Premise/Argument 5: Scion: Dragons, Scion: Cthulu, Scion: Demigod, & M20 Victorian Mage are all in First Drafts still, making 2019 kickstarters unlikely, put possibly showing us the 2020 KS schedule, possibly with Mummy the Curse 2E, and who knows, there are still several varieties of Exalted that have yet to get Kickstarters.

Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    You thought it was Hunter, but it was me, Dio!

(I don't know.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X