Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vault Supplement: Ephemeral Influence

https://www.storytellersvault.com/pr...iate_id=259490
    Ephemeral Influence provides Storytellers and players alike with example uses of these strange Influences, and provides tools for other denizens of the darkness to tap into these strange sources of power themselves. It includes:
    • General guidelines for each level of ephemeral Influences.
    • Example Influences and a multitude of ways to use them.
    • Merits and Powers for mortals, Vampires, Mages, and Werewolves to allow them further access to these strange powers
    Essentially, it's a book with a lot of advice and examples for the Influences that ephemeral beings get. Influence (Anchors), Influence (Electricity), Influence (Time), etc etc. It contains some general examples that can be used for nearly any of them, and then a breakdown of samples of each level for the different example purviews. I know a lot of people have trouble figuring out the best way to make use of them, so I figured this would be a useful tool providing some options for that.
    Last edited by falco1029; 02-02-2019, 01:54 AM.

Storytellers' Vault supplements (WoD, CoD)
    My Patreon! (Current CofD bonuses: Fae Sorcery for Vampires, Generic Blood Tenebrous, and Theurgy for Second Sight)

This thing is fr asking awesome people! Go buy it!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
      This thing is fr asking awesome people! Go buy it!
      Such kind words! Thanks!

My Patreon! (Current CofD bonuses: Fae Sorcery for Vampires, Generic Blood Tenebrous, and Theurgy for Second Sight)

Comment

Is it for1st or 2nd edition?

Comment

Originally posted by Lykas View Post
          Is it for1st or 2nd edition?
          Second edition. A lot of the general ideas should work fine for 1st too, but it talks about conditions/tilts a lot.

Comment

Is it "just" ST guidelines, or a system solid enough to be given to players ? I've always found the influence system a little too blurry, and have some reluctance allowing them influence based power (especially the Gift of Elements in WtF, fortunately they haven't set their eyes on it yet ).

Comment

Originally posted by Nepher View Post
              Is it "just" ST guidelines, or a system solid enough to be given to players ? I've always found the influence system a little too blurry, and have some reluctance allowing them influence based power (especially the Gift of Elements in WtF, fortunately they haven't set their eyes on it yet ).
              There's always going to be some areas where the STs need to make a choice, but there's a lot of examples and some standardized parts of the mechanics to make it easier for players to quickly use it and STs to quickly check if it lines up with similar examples for that level. Each of the sample influences (which includes each of the options for the Gift of the Elementals specifically) gives 2-3 example uses per level, too, which if you preapprove can be a basic 'spell list' for the PCs that you rarely need to chime in on.

Comment

Originally posted by falco1029 View Post
                There's always going to be some areas where the STs need to make a choice, but there's a lot of examples and some standardized parts of the mechanics to make it easier for players to quickly use it and STs to quickly check if it lines up with similar examples for that level. Each of the sample influences (which includes each of the options for the Gift of the Elementals specifically) gives 2-3 example uses per level, too, which if you preapprove can be a basic 'spell list' for the PCs that you rarely need to chime in on.
                You just sold one copy

Comment

Originally posted by Nepher View Post
                  You just sold one copy
                  Glad to hear!

Comment

I bought it a couple of days ago and have a question: Do you see any reason why Influence effects can't be "stacked" over multiple turns if you have enough essence for longer durations and multiple iterations?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                      I bought it a couple of days ago and have a question: Do you see any reason why Influence effects can't be "stacked" over multiple turns if you have enough essence for longer durations and multiple iterations?
                      I'd generally avoid allowing Influences to stack with themself, but I see no problem with them stacking with other powers. But I feel like if something is already "Strengthened" spiritually or whathaveyou, it's unlikely you can just pump more essence into it and make it even more potent.

Comment

This is a pretty cool book. I'll probably write a review this weekend but I put my stars down.
                        Last edited by nofather; 02-15-2019, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Just picked up a copy. Looking forward to reading it as this is exactly one of the areas I would have liked more detail on in the books.

Comment

falco1029, how would you dot the Influence Truth? Cause I look for patron spirit of Fire-Touched werewolves. ( Influence Disease not work for me, in this particular context of chronicle ).

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                            LGBT+ through Ages
                            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                              This is a pretty cool book. I'll probably write a review this weekend but I put my stars down.
                              Originally posted by Therian View Post
                              Just picked up a copy. Looking forward to reading it as this is exactly one of the areas I would have liked more detail on in the books.

Glad to hear it!

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                              how would you dot the Influence Truth? Cause I look for patron spirit of Fire-Touched werewolves. ( Influence Disease not work for me, in this particular context of chronicle ).
                              On a quick whim:
                              Dot 1 likely can give Rank as an equipment bonus to convince someone of the actual Truth, or to rolls to discern the truth from someone lying, or to find hidden truths in puzzles, stuff like that.
                              Dot 2 can likely do the opposite of the above if you want, in addition to being able to alter what 'sounds' truthful to someone, allowing you to gain similar bonuses to convince someone of the 'truth' even if it's not actually the truth, or to make something that's purely opinion come off as more 'right'.
                              Dot 3 You could compel people to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. It can also likely rewrite information presented into another form of the truth, or some different fact altogether.
                              Dot 4 and 5 are tricky. 'Creating' truth likely can make it impossible for mundane subterfuge to detect a lie that's 'created' into truth, and to clash truth-seeking spells and powers otherwise. It might also be usable to create the belief that a given tidbit is truth in either an individual (at 4) or a larger number of folks (at 5).

Comment

Working...
                              X