Are any reprints of books planned?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are any reprints of books planned?

This week, we learned that Onyx Path initiated cooperation with Indie Press Revolution. Does it mean that in foreseeable future any books will be available again?

There are a couple of CoD systems I would like to pick up, but I really, really dislike pdfs and I don;t like the quality of PoD's as currently available (including the Premium ones from DriveThroughRPG). I just got a copy of Changeling and this is exactly what I want my books to look like.

So, are there any plans for reprints of any core books or supplements? One possible shape it could take which I think would be very safe for Onyx Path is just to make another Kickstarter of the books that have already been released, just for the reprint.

Onyx Path, I really want you to take my money
    Last edited by Lanic; 02-07-2019, 03:43 PM.

Highly unlikely.
    Older books has much less demand and thus the PoD option is the only viable solution. Even if they used Kickstarter to take orders for books so they don't have to guess how many they'll sell, the cost for doing high quality prints will still be high due to the little demand compared to new releases. Each printing run costs a certain amount of money (and time for the OPP employees) regardless of how many books are printed during that run, meaning runs with few books will have to cost a lot to make up for the increased cost per book, and even then it won't make up the time spent coordinating and proofing each print.

Bloodline: The Stygians
    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Working...
    X