Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, [insert splat here] has conquered the world. Now what?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, [insert splat here] has conquered the world. Now what?

Bit that came up in my musings;

Let's say characters from a particular bookline, ones fairly representative of their human subspecies at their most amoral, have been declared rulers of the planet or at least a major imperial superpower. The doomsday device went off without a hitch, the leaders of other nations lie prostrate at their feet, the Resistance is crushed for the foreseeable future, and they can have all the back massagers on the new throne they want.

Now the question is: "Now what?" Being Celestial Chairman of Supreme Ruling Council of The Universe is nice and all, but seriously, what's the point in ruling everything if you don't leave a legacy your successors and states born from the inevitable dissolution of your empire will look to one day and go "you know, the High Imperator wasn't entirely bad..."

So, basically, what would be first on the agenda for various supernatural beings after consolidating power over the planet (or hunters)?

Hunters seem obvious. No monsters, ghosts, ephemeral, then no crime, no thoughts of crime, or immorality. Which obviously is going to screw over a lot of people depending on the views of the Celestial Chairman. Ironically it seems like it would fit in with the goal for the Seers of the Throne.

Providing one of the Pure could pull it off, either Pangaea is back, sans membrane, or the Hisil rules (which seems to be the goal of Fire-Touched).
    Last edited by nofather; 02-18-2019, 05:17 PM.

Comment

I would love to see a Dark Shard where the Arisen have taken over the world. It would suck for humanity, but it would be interesting.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

I think this is covered in the Shards book.

Comment

If Vampires take over it would be like a huge Battrey Farm ,with people Being Regular tested for Blood quality,

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
            I would love to see a Dark Shard where the Arisen have taken over the world. It would suck for humanity, but it would be interesting.
            Well, it'd suck significantly less than if Pure or the Circle of the Crone were in charge.

Or really, any Beast who feels that the only way to satisfy her Hunger is world domination, because what are the odds that Beast cares enough about the insects she had to crush to get there to moderate it?

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post

Well, it'd suck significantly less than if Pure or the Circle of the Crone were in charge.

Or really, any Beast who feels that the only way to satisfy her Hunger is world domination, because what are the odds that Beast cares enough about the insects she had to crush to get there to moderate it?
              Decently good if they want to keep the buffet running. Don't shit where you eat, even if you are a world power unto yourself.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
              Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

A world ruled by prometheans would be very warped.

Comment

I imagine in the case of Kindred they'd eventually get bored enough to help facilitate the collapsing empire themselves; I imagine the entertainment of world domination would kind of die off after a century or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                    A world ruled by prometheans would be very warped.
                    Would the most amoral ones be the Centimani or darker refinements like Stannum or the Boyars?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

Would the most amoral ones be the Centimani or darker refinements like Stannum or the Boyars?
                      I would think so. If you're a Promethean with imperial ambitions, something tells me you aren't prioritizing the Pilgrimage.

Comment

I'd just see the Sin-Eaters as being incredibly confused as to how this happened.

Comment

Working...
                        X