No announcement yet.

Open letter about the Chronicles of Darkness, Onyx Path, Beast and the future

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinder we haven't interacted directly much, and I'm quite the lurker myself, but you are a phenomenal writer and I really respect how much passion you throw into your writing for Beast. I just got out of a health crisis myself and damn is it ever scary at first, but then it lapses into, frankly, boredom and dark sarcastic humour. Fighting doesn't have to be dramatic. Strength and resistance can be quiet. Hang in there and take care of yourself.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

From my point of view, passing trough a "personal horror" could only make you a better writer, Onyx path member would surely understand it.
      I don t think that talking to friends and other people about what scares you it s something to blame, it only means that you are a perfectly normal human being.
      Good luck with your battle and with your future works!

Comment

I just wanted to thank all of you for the kind response to this thread. It was an heartfelt post I made because I sincerely thougth it could have a positive impact on our place and community, but my anxiety alarms rang like hell as I wrote and posted it and I doubt they'll ever stop.

But the way those who replied to it have taken it, your encouragement and kind words, really made me feel better about it.

Thanks to everyone, really.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Being honest and open, in a public forum, is one of the hardest things people manage to do, it's not pathetic, especially considering the fight you're putting up. We haven't been on the same side of every conversation point but I've appreciated your insight and at times infectious interest in things, as well as your creations.

Stay strong, man.

Comment

I don't think we've had any contact before but I just want to wish you the best!

Comment

Cinder

Others have expressed their well-wishes more eloquently than me, but do believe me when I say I want you to have a full recovery soon.

From the bottom of my heart, thanks for all your insights, creations and being a cool dude!

Let Him Speak.

Comment

Cinder , we certainly haven't interacted as much as I would like. I always read your big write ups and wish I had time to collaborate more. I will make an effort to do so in the future. I hope everything works out for you with what ever is going on. And if you need someone to talk to always feel free to DM me.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

Not going to lie. Had some tears reading that. I cannot say how heartfelt it was and how much I wish you hope and recovery. I've been a bit distanced from the forums lately but it's good to know there's reasons like you to stick around.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

Cinder I'm sorry to hear about you going through some shit and I hope you all the best. Thanks for the shout-out; it actually means a lot to me realizing that I've been on these sites for such a long time and have made a difference, however small.

Comment

Hey, we've never interacted much outside of like a short Twitter thread or something, but your writings had a huge impact on how I ran my Beast campaign and has made it objectively better, I think. Best wishes for a good recovery, you've got a lot of people cheering you on, me included.

Comment

It's been a treat to see your thoughts on the books over the years, and I'm glad to have your appreciation.

Pulling for you to get through this thing. Looking forward to seeing that ink.

Resident Lore-Hound
                        Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

I wish you the best of luck

Comment

Good luck kicking the arse of whatever it is, Cinder.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Health scares suck, and I'm rooting for you Cinder. I'm also a fan of Beast, warts and all, so I'm glad that you're keeping your positivity and passion up and focused.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
                              Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
                              He/him pronouns, please

Comment

We haven't talked too much directly, but reading your posts and your insights are always a pleasure.

Kick the HealthThing in the ass!

Comment

Working...
                                X