Contagion Chronicle Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tessie View Post
    An understandable misconception considering the heavy focus on the God-Machine as the primary vector.
    Presuming the notion I ignore that reading the book past the admittedly deceptive opening of the book and thus see clearly from the rest of the book that the Contagion is possibly sourced from multiple origins and that cross-contamination allows for further mutation and that the God-Machine is so prevalent because it is a worldwide entity of physical and ephemeral nature that both internally and externally shuffles elements around, thus making it unlikely to that it's not somehow involved in the spreading of weird reality diseases-

Presuming I give the benefit of the doubt to a new reader,...this conversation has still been had with everyone in the room. I am very clearly not talking to new readers. At this point it reads less as miscomprehension and more like willfully sticking to your guns rather than adjust your arguments.

I get how the opening creates an impression, and I can even agree that's something that probably could be done better, but this argument is not that.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
      VECTOR. THe GM is a primary VECTOR for Contagion. It is NOT the SOURCE.

We Have Done This Song and Dance Too Many Times To Keep Saying It.
      My bad. It's just featured so many times I made the faulty assumption

Comment

• Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post

My bad. It's just featured so many times I made the faulty assumption
        S'all good. It's just annoying to come across a new misconception with memetic strength when it seems like we finally got other ones like Changelings Inevtiably Become True Fae and Second Edition Is All About the God-Machine put to bed in the communtiy.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
          S'all good. It's just annoying to come across a new misconception with memetic strength when it seems like we finally got other ones like Changelings Inevtiably Become True Fae and Second Edition Is All About the God-Machine put to bed in the communtiy.
          Yeah I understand lol. And I hate to have contributed to that line of thinking.

Comment

• It is based in the book itself, where the only shown origin of Contagion ARE related to God Machine... I do not remember 'here are other ideas from where Contagion can come' frame in the book.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ through Ages
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
              It is based in the book itself, where the only shown origin of Contagion ARE related to God Machine... I do not remember 'here are other ideas from where Contagion can come' frame in the book.
              The one in the setting most relevant to Demon has its cause tied to a temporal clusterfuck whose roots include a thing from the Abyss and a thing from the Underworld; the God-Machine's role in the mess in Sittard is almost solely that of exacerbated autoimmune disorder. I think the site most relevant to the gameline where the God-Machine is the biggest deal not having its Contagion originate from the Machine is about as damning an indictment of the misconception as can be made without dedicating pagespace specifically to assuaging fears on the same attentive wavelength as half the memetic bad press Beast still gets.

The God-Machine's an ascendant structural parasite on the world that may or may not be a former piece of the thing that makes the world make sense. Contagion is bits of the world going haywire in a transmissible fashion. You can't really have a crossover setup that doesn't engage with that without cutting Demon out of the picture and/or trading off to the older antifandom misconception of "Mages did everything" or similar.

Resident Lore-Hound
              Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• And it is out to the public!

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

• PG for the Contagion Chronicle Backer PDF is now available to backers!

EDIT: Errata Google Form link here: https://forms.gle/94tJFieVC11cdJzh7
                  Last edited by tasti man LH; 07-01-2021, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Re: Player's Guide

I'm disappointed that Promethean stuff is Fate (+Life/Death) based, since it just doesn't make sense to me, and wish it were Matter + Death or Matter + Prime. I also wish there was more info on how Prime interacts with non-Awakened "magic" and what, specifically, counts as "magic" since Blood Sorcery seems not to.

Otherwise I rather like the information presented, the various crossover information is nice to have, and I like the shared Merits presented.

For a 30-page stretch supplement it's pretty jam-packed with info, and I like it.

proin's Legacy hub

Comment

• Personally, I think the Promethean crossover stuff should have referenced Prime rather than Fate; and that's how I'm going to rule it in my games.

Comment

• I agree on the promethean front I think prime is better than fate to explain them divine fire. Beyond that I noticed one little line that I like but that I think needs more context..the thing about others being able to learn blood sorcery. There are two things I would want to see be adressed: 1. How do non Vampires use Cruac specifically since it is powered through Vitae. 2. How do Theban Sorcery and Cruac impact the morality meters of the other splats if they got them?

Comment

• Non-vampires use Cruac through sacrifice; this is addressed in Blood Sorcery, under the Sons of Phobos.

Comment

• the only thing I wished that this book would have adressed are non-affiliated minor templates like The Plain, Lost Boys, and similar joining the Sworn or the False and how Vectors work for them. And I would have liked maybe a couple of more outlets for how to spend Faction XP or whatever they call it(was it Sworn Beats)

Comment

• Pyros is the stuff of change and transformation. Metaphorical change in the Arcana is a function of Time (the momentum) and Fate (the direction) - qashmallim are literally manifestations of the force of universal change that emerge with a direction (their Principle) in mind.

Prime, conversely, is ummutable, fixed Truth. Why on earth would affecting Pyros' creations require Prime?

I mean, I *get* why. It's because of the surface trappings, Prime's pairing with Forces and the fact that Prometheans see Pyros as a flame, etc. But it's on the level of getting hung up on Arcadia being called the same thing in English as Arcadia, and not realising the Hedge and C!Arcadia resemble Pandemonium waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than they resemble real Arcadia.
                              Last edited by Dave Brookshaw; 07-02-2021, 06:31 AM.

Dave Brookshaw

Comment

• Fate magic seems to get the lion’s share of interacting with the ‘Fallen supernatural’ stuff, from the Forge Destiny spell to Faerie stuff, God-Machine’s angel stuff, some parts of the Mummy’s Fate stuff (but mostly Ren), and now Pyretic stuff.

And though I don’t have the aforementioned Player’s Guide yet and thus have no clue, I like to imagine Dhampirs, knowledge of the more esoteric effects of spiritual Resonance that werewolves take granted for, the Keys of death embedded in Mementos, and Beastly Legend-building and Heroic Anathema are all at least tangentially related to the Fate Arcanum.

EDIT: Now Vitriol, otoh, feels like it should be primarily Death Arcanum stuff… can anybody confirm or deny this, please?
                                Last edited by 21C Hermit; 07-02-2021, 09:15 AM.

MtAw Homebrew:
                                Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
                                New 2E Legacies, expanded

Comment

Working...
                                X