X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Chances
    started a topic Contagion Chronicle Kickstarter

Contagion Chronicle Kickstarter

Starting in couple of hours! I've made a new thread so that if you are just joining the conversation for the Kickstarter, you don't need to wade through 40 odd pages to reach its start point. I am super stoked for this!

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

So, you think that as long as something is considered conceptually a piece of communication or surveillance technology, CALIBER can connect even if some components are living things?
    In your example, CALIBER would consider the sentinel on a watchtower as a "camera"?
    Since Authority has a tier for using people as surveillance, I would say the watchertower and tools themselves for the lower tiers of power, but effectively, yes.

Leave a comment:

• Neos01
    replied
    Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    Well, since werewolves have their claws all up in there in CALIBUR alongside everyone else, and we know their portion works in the spirit of things (i'll find the relevant confirmation later), You can reasonably assume that it hacks into things like watchtowers and messenger routes and carrier pigeons. If it fits the spirit of a surveillance or communication system, CALIBUR should be able to connect to it.

EDIT: Bunyip elaborates on the angle I'm talking about here and here. Is it cheap to rely on that for applying CALIBUR to in old timey settings? Sure, but fun wins out.
    So, you think that as long as something is considered conceptually a piece of communication or surveillance technology, CALIBER can connect even if some components are living things?
    In your example, CALIBER would consider the sentinel on a watchtower as a "camera"?

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
    Hi, i posted this in another thread, but maybe it fits better on this one.
    I was reading the Authority Vector (contagion chronicle book)
    and i was wondering, what counts as a surveillance and communication system for the Surveillance power?
    In particular, how would this power works in a low tech setting (medieval or iron age) ?
    Well, since werewolves have their claws all up in there in CALIBUR alongside everyone else, and we know their portion works in the spirit of things (i'll find the relevant confirmation later), You can reasonably assume that it hacks into things like watchtowers and messenger routes and carrier pigeons. If it fits the spirit of a surveillance or communication system, CALIBUR should be able to connect to it.

EDIT: Bunyip elaborates on the angle I'm talking about here and here. Is it cheap to rely on that for applying CALIBUR to in old timey settings? Sure, but fun wins out.
    Last edited by ArcaneArts; 08-20-2021, 01:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Neos01
    replied
    Hi, i posted this in another thread, but maybe it fits better on this one.
    I was reading the Authority Vector (contagion chronicle book)
    and i was wondering, what counts as a surveillance and communication system for the Surveillance power?
    In particular, how would this power works in a low tech setting (medieval or iron age) ?

Leave a comment:

• DoktorNiemand
    replied
    Oh, I'm dumb. Heirs to Hell page 30 says Embeds cost 4xp for demonblooded. For some reason I was looking for a table.

Leave a comment:

• DoktorNiemand
    replied
    Why not use the EXP costs in Demon?
    Weird, I remember reading somewhere Embeds cost 4xp for Offspring, but can't find this now. I suppose you are right.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Why not use the EXP costs in Demon?

Leave a comment:

• DoktorNiemand
    replied
    I mean, the majority of the Offspring template is already merits, so probably.
    True. My biggest problem would be assigning a value to the ability to learn Embeds.
    So far, I think it would be something like this:

Pros:
    +Unseen sense: Godmachine: 2 dots merit
    +Ability to buy embeds for 4xp: ???
    +One starting Embed: 4 points
    +Access to a few exclusive/discounted merits (like Language and Eidetic memory): maybe 1 dot merit?

Cons:
    -A permanent Stigmata
    -Compromise (Noted- the GM knows the character exists)

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by DoktorNiemand View Post
    On the topic of mixing splats: how would you handle it? Suppose, for example, a player wants to play a Changeling that's also Offspring (from Demon). The others are playing "normal" Changelings. Would you turn Offspring into a merit? Or do something else?
    I mean, the majority of the Offspring template is already merits, so probably.

Leave a comment:

• DoktorNiemand
    replied
    On the topic of mixing splats: how would you handle it? Suppose, for example, a player wants to play a Changeling that's also Offspring (from Demon). The others are playing "normal" Changelings. Would you turn Offspring into a merit? Or do something else?

Leave a comment:

• Professor Phobos
    replied
    I think it's weird that Fitful Slumber requires three exposures but that's my only issue with it. But merit requirements and prerequisites are mostly bad, across the system, so it's like, shrug.

I solved my problem with the Sleeping Curse with a pretty simple house rule that makes Fitful Slumber/Sleepwalker somewhat redundant, but there's still a place for 'em.

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    On the contrary: having a mage in the party with the hunters is an ideal justification for why the hunters have previously been exposed to supernal magic. If they've been together for any length of time, it's likely their compatriot's supernal magic that they got exposed to.

And again, if they are sworn or false, it's a moot point.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 08-12-2021, 06:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
    The sleepwalker Merit is character creation only.
    Not according to my book, nor the lore.

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
    In other words, the fact that you had to be exposed to supernal and or abyssalmagic multiple times in the past for fit for slumber to be an option is a feature, not a bug.
    I actually do like Fitful Slumber. The flavour is good and I absolutely think that's an important distinction between Fitful Slumber and Sleepwalker. All I'm saying is, it's not really the right Merit to advocate in the Player's Guide to the Contagion Chronicle, where Mage/Supernal/Abyssal stuff isn't particularly likely to play such a defining part for Hunter characters who happen to be in the same party as a mage.
    Last edited by Tessie; 08-12-2021, 05:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    The difference is that fitful slumber can be purchased after character creation. The sleepwalker Merit is character creation only.

Again, you're right that once a hunter has a contagion vector, it becomes a moot point. So set that aside, and consider crossover games involving hunters where supernal and or abyssal magic please a significant enough role that sleepwalker status matters. You could either go with every Hunter having the sleepwalker merit, which represents them just happening to be immune to quiescence, or you could go with the idea that they earned their sleepwalker status through fitful slumber. Assuming, of course, that they don't have some other supernatural ability that renders it a moot point.

In other words, the fact that you had to be exposed to supernal and or abyssalmagic multiple times in the past for fit for slumber to be an option is a feature, not a bug.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 08-12-2021, 05:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X