Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Contagion] CoD Splats - Sworn or False?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Contagion] CoD Splats - Sworn or False?

Part forum game, part advise topic - Write splat ( Clan, Covenant, Auspice, Tribe, Path, Order, etc. ) and we will advise Sworn of False faction. Most are logical, but some cases can be truly hard to decide.

Like here is mine - Silver Ladder. Logically most members should be in Cryptocracy - however, this Sworn is shown more as Guardians of Veil-like group, that is more like 'shadow government', not 'wise politicians'. Silver Ladder is also big about a change in it's parts, better future - so they could work better in Ship of Theseus? What do you think about SL here?
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-27-2019, 10:42 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

I'm thinking the thearchs are also Cryptocracy favoring, but they put emphasis on "care for humans" above "maintain status quo." The ones who care more about power in the shadow world tend to be either very Wise, or Princes.

Comment

I mean, the Silver Ladder is a Shadow Government that pretends to being Sage Guides, with a rare few who are. The only difference between them and the Cryptocracy is that the Cryptocracy admits to their motives being more about Dealing with the Problem of Contagion than anything noble. That's not even to say a Silver Ladder Cryptocrat won't still be engineering the Ladder and even get other people in on it, even if they are getting a few sideways glances and people taking notes of where the altruism falls short.

The Sworn and False are motivated by the Contagion. They might loosely correlate after the fact on similar interests, but a large part of the point of the Factions is that their primary interest does not lie beyond the spectrum. Gather on the issue, stay connected by the means.

One of the Ladder could also probably be found working in The Rosetta Society, The Jeremiad, the Machiavelli Gambit, and Naglfar's Army depending on their disposition on how the Contagion and their goals relate.
      Last edited by ArcaneArts; 03-27-2019, 02:43 PM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

You know i might as well semi-revive this and be self indulgent while I'm at it: Reborn from Immortals.

Comment

Can’t decide if the Ordo Dracul all jump onto the False train or band together to destroy it for daring to one-up them so badly.

Comment

Originally posted by SdeSpencer View Post
            You know i might as well semi-revive this and be self indulgent while I'm at it: Reborn from Immortals.
            Kinda feel like the Rosetta IMO, but could also be Zero Hour, reincarnating endlessly in their fight against the Contagion. In case of being False, the Army could be a good fit for the same reason.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
              Can’t decide if the Ordo Dracul all jump onto the False train or band together to destroy it for daring to one-up them so badly.
              I mean, their MO is spelled out pretty directly within the Ship of Theseus. Rosetta Society has some appealing things for them as well, and the Jeremiad's not above making a god out of the self.

In the mean time, the False have...what? The end of the world, plague? Not really in the Ordo's MO. The Machiavelli Gambit are compelling, since the Ordo do love their opportunities. But is that really anymore compelling than anything the Sworn offer? To individuals, maybe, but as a collective? Nah. The Sworn are more likely to make something out of things.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                I mean, their MO is spelled out pretty directly within the Ship of Theseus. Rosetta Society has some appealing things for them as well, and the Jeremiad's not above making a god out of the self.

In the mean time, the False have...what? The end of the world, plague? Not really in the Ordo's MO. The Machiavelli Gambit are compelling, since the Ordo do love their opportunities. But is that really anymore compelling than anything the Sworn offer? To individuals, maybe, but as a collective? Nah. The Sworn are more likely to make something out of things.
                agreed. besides, the contagion does not really allow it transcendence. being rid of the sunlight allergy to get a moonlight or silver allergy is exactly the sorta thing dragons dont want, a tradeoff

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                  Kinda feel like the Rosetta IMO, but could also be Zero Hour, reincarnating endlessly in their fight against the Contagion. In case of being False, the Army could be a good fit for the same reason.
                  Hm. Interesting. Personally I felt they feel more Theseans. While many Reborn seem interested in histories, particularly their own, most of the time that's not their focus, and more a potential time waster, and Zero Hour is a good idea, but i'd say it's more a logical decision to be a foot soldier as opposed to a reason they'd pick them ideologically. In contrast, the type of immortality that is being Reborn is ABOUT change, with constantly becoming a new person with a new life every time you die and come back, living through a new perspective each time, which feels highly connected to the ideals of the Theseans.

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post

agreed. besides, the contagion does not really allow it transcendence. being rid of the sunlight allergy to get a moonlight or silver allergy is exactly the sorta thing dragons dont want, a tradeoff
                    But think of the new Coils they could make. Immunity from silver should be doable right?

Comment

Originally posted by Live Bait View Post

But think of the new Coils they could make. Immunity from silver should be doable right?
                      I mean, vampires are inherently susceptible to silver anyways, and thus it only comes up if it develops as a personal bane?

Comment

Dragons would not want to make new coils for weaknesses they didnt have before. the contagion just twists their natures and such (besides, why make a coil for silver when you can make a coil for Banes in general)

Comment

True but there is much less silver in the world than sunlight, I see it as definitely trading up even if it’s not the end point they are looking for especially if they can now operate 24/7.

Comment

True but there is much less silver in the world than sunlight, I see it as definitely trading up even if it’s not the end point they are looking for especially if they can now operate 24/7.
                            once again, the dragons dont believe in trading a weakness for another. it's much easier just to make a coil for Banes in general than deal with the contagion (which will do far more than just twist one aspect of your nature anyway)

Comment

Working...
                            X