Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we getting Purified or Second Sight 2nd Ed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we getting Purified or Second Sight 2nd Ed?

Does anyone have any news on these by any chance?

If I'm thinking of the right thing then Purified might get updated in Mummy if those immortals are included but I'm not sure if that's 100% a thing.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

Second Sight: Third Eye is the an unofficial 2e update for Second Sight and is pretty awesome.
      Last edited by proindrakenzol; 04-08-2019, 11:32 AM. Reason: corrected book's status

Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Mind/Forces) built around being a human computer; Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Matter/Prime) focusing on the creation of Imbued items and the enhancement of Sleeper technology

Comment

Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post
        Second Sight: Third Eye is the 2e update for Second Sight and is pretty awesome.
        Note that this isn't an official product, afaik.

That doesn't make it less awesome, but I think the clarity is important.

Comment

Yeah, calling it "the 2e update" is a bit dishonest even if were to hold up to official standards (which I can neither deny nor confirm since I haven't read it). It's a 2e update in lieu of an official one.

Bloodline: The Stygians
          Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
          Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by TyrannicalRabbit View Post
            If I'm thinking of the right thing then Purified might get updated in Mummy if those immortals are included but I'm not sure if that's 100% a thing.
            I think they are showing up in mummy yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
              I think they are showing up in mummy yeah
              What? Why do you think that?

Comment

Originally posted by reseru View Post
                I believe it was something about how the Immortals blue book-splat was being incorporated into for Mummy in its 2e.

Comment

They mentioned it in interviews. The immortals from the Immortals book is coming back in Mummy to serve as 3rd tier Cultists. That includes the rest such as the Blood Bathers. Also their was a mention that Kindred could also become 3rd Tier Cultists of a Mummy.

Comment

In addition to what Iceblade44 said , those(appropriate immortals types) alongside things like Sadikh and Sekhem sorcerer cultists as your higher "tier" cultists. With them mentioning they are still working out what they are going to do about cultists who are other things like vampires,etc.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

vampires as cultists? does that mean we could do the mummy as werewolf totem

Comment

something like that, just a note that as of 2e they are trying to make mummy groups not just sorely mummies though their will be a mechanic to explain how that will happen given the nature of the Decent. Those without that mechanic can have their groups filled with Sekhmet Sorcerers and Immortals alongside the mummy player. I think thats how it goes anyway

Comment

I knew they were going to incorporate more varieties of immortals into Mummy 2e, I just didn't think anything more specific, like explicitly adding in the Purified, had been announced. It just seems really, really weird to add the Purified into Mummy because the game has double-downed so hard on what its mummy concept is that adding another mummy type that's unrelated to Irem would feel like theme dilution.

It'd be like adding Inferno demons to the Demon the Descent core. Like, what are we trying to do here?

Comment

I dont think they ever said that specifically. More that the Arisen, who rose from the Rite of Return, are all from Irem and thus are Eygptian Mummies. Having the Purified in there shouldn't change it to much, because they aren't the central characters. Compared to mummies proper they are like wolf-blooded, like as it would be with the other Immortals. Their imperfect compared to the Deathless, which are the central focus here. All the other immortals are just side pieces one see in the perspective of playing mummy.

Comment

Seconding the recommendation for Second Sight: Third Eye, in my opinion it's a notable improvement on the ideas of first edition version despite not being an official product.

Comment

Working...
                              X