Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we getting Purified or Second Sight 2nd Ed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RogerD
    started a topic Are we getting Purified or Second Sight 2nd Ed?

Are we getting Purified or Second Sight 2nd Ed?

Does anyone have any news on these by any chance?

• TyrannicalRabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

Me too, they are more playable and cross-over friendly then the Arisen, although Arisen make cool True Fae.
    One is a major splat, the other is a "blue book" minor splat. Not really comparable. And I have no clue what "Arisen make cool True Fae." even means, as that sounds like honestly a nonsense statement.

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
    though Arisen make cool True Fae.
    What do you mean by that?

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    Originally posted by falco1029 View Post
    (Can't help but put in my thanks for the kind words about Third Eye! And feel free to message me if you have any questions about it.)

As for immortals, that's honestly the part of Mummy 2e I'm looking forward to most. The overly-specific blood bather and body thief examples in Dark Eras Companion (I believe) were cool, but just made me want the full treatment that much more.
    Me too, they are more playable and cross-over friendly then the Arisen, although Arisen make cool True Fae.

Leave a comment:

• falco1029
    replied
    (Can't help but put in my thanks for the kind words about Third Eye! And feel free to message me if you have any questions about it.)

As for immortals, that's honestly the part of Mummy 2e I'm looking forward to most. The overly-specific blood bather and body thief examples in Dark Eras Companion (I believe) were cool, but just made me want the full treatment that much more.

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    yes, but official rules would be awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    vampires as cultists? does that mean we could do the mummy as werewolf totem
    One of the Packs in The Packs book has a Changeling as a Werewolf Totem so why not.

Leave a comment:

• Darkfoxdev
    replied
    Seconding the recommendation for Second Sight: Third Eye, in my opinion it's a notable improvement on the ideas of first edition version despite not being an official product.

Leave a comment:

• Iceblade44
    replied
    I dont think they ever said that specifically. More that the Arisen, who rose from the Rite of Return, are all from Irem and thus are Eygptian Mummies. Having the Purified in there shouldn't change it to much, because they aren't the central characters. Compared to mummies proper they are like wolf-blooded, like as it would be with the other Immortals. Their imperfect compared to the Deathless, which are the central focus here. All the other immortals are just side pieces one see in the perspective of playing mummy.

Leave a comment:

• reseru
    replied
    I knew they were going to incorporate more varieties of immortals into Mummy 2e, I just didn't think anything more specific, like explicitly adding in the Purified, had been announced. It just seems really, really weird to add the Purified into Mummy because the game has double-downed so hard on what its mummy concept is that adding another mummy type that's unrelated to Irem would feel like theme dilution.

It'd be like adding Inferno demons to the Demon the Descent core. Like, what are we trying to do here?

Leave a comment:

• Iceblade44
    replied
    something like that, just a note that as of 2e they are trying to make mummy groups not just sorely mummies though their will be a mechanic to explain how that will happen given the nature of the Decent. Those without that mechanic can have their groups filled with Sekhmet Sorcerers and Immortals alongside the mummy player. I think thats how it goes anyway

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    vampires as cultists? does that mean we could do the mummy as werewolf totem

Leave a comment:

• TyrannicalRabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by reseru View Post
    What? Why do you think that?
    In addition to what Iceblade44 said , those(appropriate immortals types) alongside things like Sadikh and Sekhem sorcerer cultists as your higher "tier" cultists. With them mentioning they are still working out what they are going to do about cultists who are other things like vampires,etc.

Leave a comment:

• Iceblade44
    replied
    They mentioned it in interviews. The immortals from the Immortals book is coming back in Mummy to serve as 3rd tier Cultists. That includes the rest such as the Blood Bathers. Also their was a mention that Kindred could also become 3rd Tier Cultists of a Mummy.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    I believe it was something about how the Immortals blue book-splat was being incorporated into for Mummy in its 2e.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X