Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avast! How Be The Various Splats Embarking On Piratical Voyages?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    Have I mentioned that I love the way your brain works Eric? Because I love the way your brain works. That is an awesome hook!
    Glad you enjoyed it.

Onyx Path Freelancer and Fantasy Author

Comment

I would like to point out that Leviathan: the Tempest would actually fit in really well with a piratical campaign. I mean just look at Davy Jones from PotC 2 & 3: you could have a pirate captain who looks a bit off or completely monstrous surrounded by a crew of cultist-pirates who worship him/her. A Thallasan who follows the School of Clay would be a pretty good choice for such a character concept.

Comment

Pretty sure we covered every major Splat except Demon. I could definitely see some saboteurs going after specific ships that they believe are parts of the good old Infrastructure, using the cover of pirate raids to make what they do seem mundane.

Comment

Originally posted by Penguinbowler View Post
          Pretty sure we covered every major Splat except Demon. I could definitely see some saboteurs going after specific ships that they believe are parts of the good old Infrastructure, using the cover of pirate raids to make what they do seem mundane.
          Seems like a great way to go deep undercover by just playing a being a random crewmember on a pirate ship. Gamble hard with strangers whenever you go ashore until you have a soul pact in every port. Of course, the captain of that ship supposedly from the Spanish navy makes a great cover for an angel seeking out seafaring Unchained, and the special-built gallows he'll haul you back to for after your "trial" is Elimination Infrastructure made to recycle you.

A lot of uncharted islands in the Caribbean (and elsewhere) make for a perfect hiding place for Infrastructure. Only problem is a shortage of the necessary, exotic resources, which the God-Machine has to haul in from more settled ports by ship. Those logistical vessels make tempting targets for demon pirates, - both for the precious materials they haul and the opportunity they represent to deprive the Enemy of them - but such Unchained must be wary of disguised angels who might be guarding those ships.

Just for starters.

Onyx Path Freelancer and Fantasy Author

Comment

EDIT: Fuck, that's the second Wrong Thread Post I've done today.

Comment

I now imagine Princesses running a crew of pirates in a vein similar to disney movies. Then we have Tears running ghost ships and pillaging lands for their taxes, Storms is burning said ships and pillaging, and Mirrors is boasting about being the best pirate in the seven seas.

Sirens would probably be perfect for this. They'd either be actively keeping their beloved sailors alive, or be sinking ships. More often the former than the latter.

Currently Doing: Siren the Drowning (Fansplat Ressurection) http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...e-resurrection

Comment

Working...
              X