Bleeding out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleeding out

I've noticed that some games lines have bleeding out occur with 1 point per minute (mage and mortals) and other game lines that have it listed as 1 point per turn (changeling and giest). Is there any reason for this difference? Has it been covered why this is different between different sources? Basically, is it a mistake or has it been changed to 1 damage per turn when bleeding out.

Changeling and Geist are the two latest games (in this edition) so it's probably a deliberate change rather than a mistake.

Bloodline: The Stygians
    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

If it was that would be a problem considering stabilizing someone still has a one minute interval.

Comment

Doesn't surprise me. Second edition isn't known for being consistent.

Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
          If it was that would be a problem considering stabilizing someone still has a one minute interval.
          Hu, that is a very good point. Especially with each turn as 3 seconds 1 per turn for bleeding out means basically no one could be saved. So, I feel pretty confident saying it should be as it is in the core with 1 point per minute.

Thank you for pointing it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.F.I.X. View Post
            Hu, that is a very good point. Especially with each turn as 3 seconds 1 per turn for bleeding out means basically no one could be saved. So, I feel pretty confident saying it should be as it is in the core with 1 point per minute.

Thank you for pointing it out.
            Or you could change the interval of stabilisation to one turn as well. I'm pretty sure the change to one per turn is an intentional change to the Storytelling System since it applies to the later books. You do what you feel works best, though.

Comment

It's an error no one caught in the Changeling errata, unfortunately; the reason it's in both Changeling and Geist is just because Geist was the first book to use the new format for the core Chronicles rules, and we copied that format for Changeling, along with a lot of the text (for obvious reasons). The CofD core is still correct! I'll get in touch with the other devs for the other books that used the same template to sort it out. Thanks for bringing this up!

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path freelance writer & developer
              Changeling: The Lost 2e developer

Comment

The amazing new format and revised text, by the way, I use Changeling as my base system reference now because of how many things are so much clearer. Biggest thanks in particular to whoever’s idea it was to finally fix the fifteen year long 404 Rule Not Found on tied contested actions that aren’t Clash of Wills.

Comment

The amazing new format and revised text, by the way, I use Changeling as my base system reference now because of how many things are so much clearer.
                  Glad it’s helpful! All credit goes to Travis Stout for the original version, I believe.

Biggest thanks in particular to whoever’s idea it was to finally fix the fifteen year long 404 Rule Not Found on tied contested actions that aren’t Clash of Wills.
                  That one was me! Stole it from Mage’s Clash rules. XD

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path freelance writer & developer
                  Changeling: The Lost 2e developer

Comment

Originally posted by Meghan Fitzgerald View Post
                    It's an error no one caught in the Changeling errata, unfortunately; the reason it's in both Changeling and Geist is just because Geist was the first book to use the new format for the core Chronicles rules, and we copied that format for Changeling, along with a lot of the text (for obvious reasons). The CofD core is still correct! I'll get in touch with the other devs for the other books that used the same template to sort it out. Thanks for bringing this up!
                    I can completely understand this slipping through the cracks as it wouldn't be a section to get alot of focus. Thank you for sorting things out the intent.

Comment

Working...
                    X