Websites to contain campaigns?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Websites to contain campaigns?

I stumbled across kanka.io, a free-to-use website to archive campaigns. I thought to use it for my DtD campaign. I knocked something together in a few days and it looks pretty cool as long as you turn the background color to black :-).

The site seems dominated by DnD5e worlds at the moment, with only one or two CoD campaigns.

Are there other websites that provide players and STs a place to archive character data, journals, events, etc.?

I've spent quite a lot of time looking and nothing comes even close to ObsidianPortal so far.

My Bloodline conversions
    My House rules

Comment

Have you looked at World Anvil ? I heard good things about it. It can store maps, unique creatures, timelines, character and story dossiers. It can even allow you to restrict visibility of articles to simulate what individual players know. More information can be found here:

https://youtu.be/ikXK6Xi0EfY

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
        Have you looked at World Anvil ? I heard good things about it. It can store maps, unique creatures, timelines, character and story dossiers. It can even allow you to restrict visibility of articles to simulate what individual players know. More information can be found here:

https://youtu.be/ikXK6Xi0EfY
        Kanka.io does a lot of the same things, and allows you to design templates for your game system. I have a crude one for DtD, and may (in my copious free time) design a formatted template for CoD.

Comment

Originally posted by Griautis View Post
          I've spent quite a lot of time looking and nothing comes even close to ObsidianPortal so far.
          Obsidian Portal is what I always use, it's the best I've seen too.

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path freelance writer & developer
          Changeling: The Lost 2e developer

Comment

I tried Obsidian Portal for a while, but it was too high-maintenance for me. Now I simply use One Note! Much easier to link between different parts, and very easy to organize everything. Don't need to do much to it to make it look good either, and you can share the notebook with an online link if it is something you want your players to see. I usually expect them to keep their own notes, so they've taken to having their own OneNote notebook and I simply copy over sheets from my DM one to theirs if I really want to give them access to something (like the stats for some custom item for instance).

Comment

Try this, it's system agnostic.

Comment

Working...
              X