X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GibberingEloquence
    started a topic [New Horror] Brimstone Bill

[New Horror] Brimstone Bill

Once an outlaw in the Wild West, the infernal apparition known as Brimstone Bill was consumed by a greed unlike any other. He would take from the rich and the poor alike, often leaving a trail of blood in his wake. When the authorities finally caught him and sentenced him to the gallows, he used his final words to swear an oath to Hell itself. Now he forever wanders through the world, leading others to the same fate and filling the endless guts of Hell. He grows viciously resentful of his eternal enslavement and just wants to stop existing, but refuses to ever abandon his wicked ways. And therein lies his greatest weakness: he believes that everyone is deep down just as wicked as him. His contract established that he will only be allowed to fade away if a truly selfless and brave soul defeats him in a final duel at dawn. Until then, he rages uselessly against his chains and does his very best to drag everyone down with him.

Virtue: Prudence
    Vice: Greed
    Aspirations: Spread chaos and suffering, challenge people to duels and games, find a loophole in his contract with Hell

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 4, Wits 8, Resolve 6
    Physical Attributes: Strength 2, Dexterity 6, Stamina 4
    Social Attributes: Presence 4, Manipulation 8, Composure 4

Skills: Investigation (Potential Victims) 2, Occult 3, Athletics 2, Firearms (Revolvers) 3, Larceny (Sleight Of Hand) 3, Ride (Getting Away) 3, Stealth 2, Intimidation (Tall Tales) 3, Streetwise (Criminals) 4, Subterfuge (Dirty Tricks) 5

Merits: Investigative Aide (Streetwise) 1, Crack Rider 3, Double Jointed 2, Quick Draw 1 (Revolvers), Sleight Of Hand 2, Iron Will 2, Table Turner 1, Untouchable 1

Willpower: 16
    Defense: 8
    Initiative: 10
    Speed: 13 On Foot, 20 On Horseback
    Health: 9 (Size 5)
    Potency: 6

Ban: Cannot pull dirty tricks on or otherwise deceive those who have fulfilled their Virtue during this scene
    Bane: Holy water that has been blessed by someone who renounced bloodshed and thievery

Weapons/Attacks
    Light Revolvers [+1L, Ranged 20/40/80, 10 Dice]
    Blast (Hellfire) [+0L To +3L, Wits + Occult, Maximum 40 Yards]

Dread Powers: Elusive, Immortal, Influence (Greed 1), Know Soul, Madness And Terror, Numen (Blast, Hallucination, Mortal Mask, Perfect Lie), Price Of Power x 2

Elusive: Creatures with this Dread Power only ever appear on camera as a blurred silhouette of their actual shape. Humanoid monsters can easily be mistaken for humans or upright bears, while unusually large creatures blend into the scenery. Humans have a hard time remembering exact detail about creatures they encounter. Rolls to accurately describe or recall such events are made at a –3 modifier.

Perfect Lie: When this Numen is used successfully, its victim will believe anything it says, no matter how unlikely, as long as it isn’t utter fantasy or contradicted by anything the target knows to be true. The Numen costs one Essence to activate and is contested by Wits + Composure + Supernatural Tolerance. If the entity succeeds, the victim believes the lie for the scene.
    Last edited by GibberingEloquence; 08-04-2019, 10:27 PM.

• KaiserAfini
    replied
    The image that comes to my mind is that of Caleb from Blood, but with a Deadlands boost to him. Cruel and jaded from so many long years of walking the world.

He has a bit of Hellsing's Alucard in him, being evil out of a self destructive wish to be proven wrong, to be freed of his torment by a paragon of the very humanity he denied for so long, but because of that he is also unwilling to pull his punches.

The trickster part alludes to the dirty fighting and cheating typical of a western villain, but I don't feel its comes its given enough emphasis on the backstory. What I mean is that his stat sheet suggests his modus operandi but I wish the writeup went into it as well.

Overall, I like this character a lot.

Leave a comment:

• KieranMullen
    replied
    Originally posted by GibberingEloquence View Post
    He is not just a gunslinger, he is also a demonic trickster. Demons are well-known for their superlative capacity to deceive in general. Consider it a benefit of his contract with Hell.
    That's a fine idea. I think you might go into the trickster nature of the character more in the description. He's a fine bad-ass gun-fighter with an evil streak. I didn't get his trickster nature from your original description.

Leave a comment:

• GibberingEloquence
    replied
    Originally posted by KieranMullen View Post
    What's the in-world justification for Perfect Lie? Why would an evil gunslinger have this particular ability? (I'm not saying it's not allowed, I just don't understand how it flows from the character concept).
    He is not just a gunslinger, he is also a demonic trickster. Demons are well-known for their superlative capacity to deceive in general. Consider it a benefit of his contract with Hell.

Leave a comment:

• KieranMullen
    replied
    What's the in-world justification for Perfect Lie? Why would an evil gunslinger have this particular ability? (I'm not saying it's not allowed, I just don't understand how it flows from the character concept).

Leave a comment:

• GibberingEloquence
    replied
    Theme music for those who dare to challenge him!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X