Deviant Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Minty View Post
    How would you rationalize a Self-Made Genotypal Remade? The closest I can come is Cu Chulainn, who was born awesome but then he heard about a prophecy and went out to fulfill it (but didn't listen to the full prophecy and it ended up killing him), but that could also be Elect.
    You... reincarnate yourself into a fetus?

Comment

• I suppose this is a question for Eric then. If the Remade have fewer aspirations do they have something else to help them generate the beats that would normally had for fulfilling aspirations? Or do they just gain experience at a slower rate than all the other gamelines?

Comment

• Originally posted by violetdea View Post
        I suppose this is a question for Eric then. If the Remade have fewer aspirations do they have something else to help them generate the beats that would normally had for fulfilling aspirations? Or do they just gain experience at a slower rate than all the other gamelines?

(not Eric but not a hard question) This is fairly simple actually. They mostly rely on Touchstones (acting in accordance with a Touchstone gives a Beat i think) and Scars (Your scar fucking you or your allies up gives a beat)

Comment

• Originally posted by violetdea View Post
          I suppose this is a question for Eric then. If the Remade have fewer aspirations do they have something else to help them generate the beats that would normally had for fulfilling aspirations? Or do they just gain experience at a slower rate than all the other gamelines?
          They earn Beats by making progress toward Conviction Touchstones. And they also earn Beats whenever a Scar creates a complication for them (or their cohort) during a scene, which should be quite often, given the importance of Scars to the game's characters. (The "Scars earn Beats" information got left off the bullet pointed list, somehow (I've added it to my working draft), but it's mentioned in the section on Scars.

ETA: Ninja'd.

Onyx Path Freelancer and Fantasy Author

Comment

• Missed the bit on Conviction Touchstones! Thanks both of you for the answers!

Comment

• Is there a description of Wavering Touchstones anywhere? I can't really tell the difference between Faltered and Wavering without it.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• So let's take a stab at a few subjects, starting with the obvious...

Bruce Banner is a Self-Made Pathological Mutant with Alternate Personas.

Ikuro Hashizawa (Baoh) is an Exomorph Mutant with Symbiote Form.

Sho Fukamachi (Guyver I) is an Exomorph Cyborg with Symbiote Form.

Comment

• Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
                  Is there a description of Wavering Touchstones anywhere? I can't really tell the difference between Faltered and Wavering without it.
                  The simple version is that "Faltering" is Deviant's equivalent of a breaking point, Act of Hubris, Detachment, crisis point, step backwards, et cetera, whereas "Wavering" is a descriptor attached to a Touchstone to denote that it is not currently contributing to your Conviction or Loyalty ratings.

Resident Lore-Hound
                  Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by Minty View Post
                    How would you rationalize a Self-Made Genotypal Remade? The closest I can come is Cu Chulainn, who was born awesome but then he heard about a prophecy and went out to fulfill it (but didn't listen to the full prophecy and it ended up killing him), but that could also be Elect.
                    A Deviant who was born with potential power, but whom the relevant conspiracies simply lost track of? He develops Scars and Variations as he ages, with no clear trigger event, and without any training from Progenitors. The conspiracies don't spot him until he starts using his powers.

A Self-Made Epimorph would be someone who put themselves through Divergence without realizing what the procedure would actually do; maybe they thought it would cure an inoperable cancer, or that it was a new recreational drug, or that it was a genie who would grant three wishes.

Now, you couldn't rationalize a Self-Made Exomorph. Unwilling victims of a deliberate Divergence must have a Progenitor other than themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Brazier View Post
                      Now, you couldn't rationalize a Self-Made Exomorph. Unwilling victims of a deliberate Divergence must have a Progenitor other than themselves.
                      Self-induced amnesia and the "new" guy hates what's been done to him? I'm pretty sure I've seen that one somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Brazier View Post
                        I actually have an example for that one: Dr. Daniel Schrebe from Dark City. Your Self-Made Genotypal seems fine, though (not all STs/troupes will agree, but some will).

ETA: Stretch Goal achieved. New Stretch Goals announced in the Updates (main campaign page should be updated soon).
                        Last edited by Eric Zawadzki; 09-25-2019, 10:12 PM.

Onyx Path Freelancer and Fantasy Author

Comment

• From the Kickstarter Update #10, we have our next stretch goal:

At $62,000 in funding – SUPPLEMENT EXPANSION: The Clades Companion PDF. Coactives have connections to worlds not our own, and so The Clades Companion PDF will be expanded to include full ephemeral entities rules, including guidelines for creating new Numina and parallel worlds using Deviant’s toolbox approach, as well as guidance on how these beings interact with Variations such as Otherworldly Connection.
                          …I wasn't expecting that. Oh, this gonna be good

(Cyberspace, ho!)

Comment

• Cyberspace is a scary place

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

• I know, right?

Comment

• Ooo, I missed that thread! I’ll have to read it after I finish my current Redlines!

As usual, I dig the sample character creation! Reminds me a lot of [Prototype], which is an excellent thing!

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

Working...
                                X