Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deviant Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why did they Change it from anyone could see the Manuscript to only Kickstarter backers?

    Not to sound entitled or anything.

    Comment


    • That's not a new change, as I recall. And it's to encourage people to pledge, if only at the lowest level. There's a tendency for people to go with an “in for a penny, in for a pound” mindset: if you've already pledged, you're more likely to up your pledge. So getting people in the door is a significant goal.


      Comment


      • My sins are grave indeed.

        Comment


        • Gellydog I'm pretty sure the forum's file upload function is completely busted. You'll have to find external hosting.

          Comment


          • The latest KS preview for Dark Eras 2 has a new form: the Supersoldier. Pretty neat that Deviant will get covered (this is from the America in WWII era, for those wondering)

            Comment


            • Oh cool, for those that want to go the Captain America angle...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Daigotsu Max View Post
                The latest KS preview for Dark Eras 2 has a new form: the Supersoldier. Pretty neat that Deviant will get covered (this is from the America in WWII era, for those wondering)
                Oh hoh, this is for the Golden Age of Sci-Fi era.

                Comment


                • So, I've been following the previews, and I've been trying to figure out how to make a character idea I came up with years ago when I first heard that Deviant was going to be a thing: a psychic girl with bird wings on her back. Problem is, there doesn't seem to be an option to combine Clades, and I was going to make her a Cephalist foremost, even though the wings would make her Chimeric. I want to keep both aspects, so how would you all suggest I go about this?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by The MG View Post
                    Gellydog I'm pretty sure the forum's file upload function is completely busted. You'll have to find external hosting.
                    ...add idiocy to my sins, too.
                    https://imgur.com/a/uTbvCHL

                    Comment


                    • Aw man that does seem broken.





                      Hm, might just be imgur.

                      Idunno wasn't working for me a minute ago and now it seems to be. But I know it works to link images rather than uploading them
                      Last edited by nofather; 09-26-2019, 08:01 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TheHailStormer View Post
                        So, I've been following the previews, and I've been trying to figure out how to make a character idea I came up with years ago when I first heard that Deviant was going to be a thing: a psychic girl with bird wings on her back. Problem is, there doesn't seem to be an option to combine Clades, and I was going to make her a Cephalist foremost, even though the wings would make her Chimeric. I want to keep both aspects, so how would you all suggest I go about this?
                        “These Variations are for these Clades” is going to be more of a suggestion than a rule.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
                          Oh cool, for those that want to go the Captain America angle...
                          Or Red Skull

                          Comment


                          • Minty and @Inodiv are correct regarding Instability. Good question about whether the boost from medium is "retroactive" if you were maxed out on all your Variations and then get a major Instability. The text isn't explicit. I'm inclined to to say it probably shouldn't be, since we have a system for adding new, unentangled Scars that assumes players have a decent amount of say over the Magnitude of those Scars. It isn't likely to come up tooooo often, but I'm open to others' thoughts on the subject.

                            @espiritdecalmar: I like that train of thought. Fun concept. You could even have the Progenitor and a victim in the same cohort.

                            @Dataweaver: Also a really cool character concept.

                            With all the neat stuff folks are already doing with Forms, I looking forward to seeing what people come up with once the other half of Chapter 3 is posted!

                            @SirDragos is on target here. Higher-Magnitude Scars come with mechanics that impose direct penalties/problems, but they're a source of Beats when they create significant story complications just like Magnitude 1 Scars are.

                            RE: Super Soldier, I shouldn't be at all surprised that they chose now to spoil that. Absolutely perfect during the week when we're previewing the chapter with all the other Forms, and it seems to be working, since we pulled in over $1,000 in new backers within a few hours of that going up. Less than $1,500 left to go until the next Stretch Goal, now.

                            Originally posted by TheHailStormer View Post
                            So, I've been following the previews, and I've been trying to figure out how to make a character idea I came up with years ago when I first heard that Deviant was going to be a thing: a psychic girl with bird wings on her back. Problem is, there doesn't seem to be an option to combine Clades, and I was going to make her a Cephalist foremost, even though the wings would make her Chimeric. I want to keep both aspects, so how would you all suggest I go about this?
                            I might do "Composite Clades" in a future supplement. In the meantime, pick the Clade whose Adaptations and Variations are most useful to you. Deviants are full of weird exceptions and statistical anomalies, no matter how much the conspiracies would like to place them in neat categories, it's okay if a character isn't a perfect fit for a single Clade.

                            @Gellydog: If creating Simpson memes based on a game I'm developing is a sin, than I love me the sinners. Nicely done.


                            Onyx Path Freelancer and Fantasy Author

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by branford View Post

                              Or Red Skull
                              Would Wonder Woman count as a super soldier on a more mystical level?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Eric Zawadzki View Post
                                I might do "Composite Clades" in a future supplement. In the meantime, pick the Clade whose Adaptations and Variations are most useful to you. Deviants are full of weird exceptions and statistical anomalies, no matter how much the conspiracies would like to place them in neat categories, it's okay if a character isn't a perfect fit for a single Clade.
                                Good to hear it straight from a developer. I'll probably stick with Cephalist for now, have the wings be mostly cosmetic. Unless Sith_Happens is correct about the Variations for each Clade being more of a suggestion than a hard rule. I've been looking forward to this game for awhile now, and my friends and I are already making plans for a Chronicle of it. Hell, I've even got plans of getting artwork done of my character in celebration of the Kickstarter.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X