Deviant Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I'm assuming the Devoted Companion will be made one way or the other, and that what's at stake here is whether or not it will be one of the Kickstarter rewards. Still plenty of reason to want to reach that goal.
    It's also the difference between getting it as part of your KS pledge vs. buying it later, as well as how soon I can begin work on it. Something that's already paid for is likely far less of a business risk than something that isn't.

ETA: Ninja'd.
    Last edited by Eric Zawadzki; 10-13-2019, 11:31 PM.

Onyx Path Freelancer and Fantasy Author

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Brazier View Post
      Well, of course it's against the spirit of the rules! But that means the rules are faulty. If conspiracies shouldn't do the Attribute shuffle to dodge the more serious consequences of over-stress, they shouldn't be able to.
      Expecting a Storyteller to engage in good faith does not make a rule faulty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
        I'm assuming the Devoted Companion will be made one way or the other, and that what's at stake here is whether or not it will be one of the Kickstarter rewards. Still plenty of reason to want to reach that goal.
        very true. still, may get it earlier

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Brazier View Post
          The normal way for conspiracies to develop new leads on Renegade cohorts is from the surveillance roll - which is based on Standing and the cohort's recent activities, not any Attributes.
          Please actually read the roll results for conspiracy actions, which I am directly referencing when I say exceptional success on those rolls is how the list of viable targets expands beyond "known accomplices and allies of the Remade."

Resident Lore-Hound
          Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
            Expecting a Storyteller to engage in good faith does not make a rule faulty.
            ^This, a whole damn lot.

Kelly R.S. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
            Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

• Deviant as a whole has a certain amount of trust in the players to not min/max. This is the game where uou decide how powerful you are at chargen after all.

Dave Brookshaw

Comment

• So, I know crossover rules aren’t going to be in the core book, but I’ve been wondering what would happen if a Mage swapped out a Deviant’s broken soul with a whole and healthy one. Would that simply kill the Deviant? Would it be possible to remove the soul, fix their physical issues, and then pop in a new one, and have a cure?

Or is this the sort of thing that’s better left to individual STs?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                  So, I know crossover rules aren’t going to be in the core book, but I’ve been wondering what would happen if a Mage swapped out a Deviant’s broken soul with a whole and healthy one. Would that simply kill the Deviant? Would it be possible to remove the soul, fix their physical issues, and then pop in a new one, and have a cure?

Or is this the sort of thing that’s better left to individual STs?

If I recall, (non-Imperial) Supernal magic usually doesn't work properly on souls with weird stuff going on with them.

If a soul has been altered, its warranty is voided and the supernal isn't going to touch that.

But seriously, Supernal magic doesn't treat souls that have been altered by another template the same way as it would treat normal or awakened souls.

Plus (unless I'm forgetting a change from 2e) there seems to be the concept that the "soul" that mages can pull out and swap around isn't the entirety of the soul. Mages who swap souls don't swap Gnosis for example.

Comment

• I believe that the damage to a Remade is such that soul-affecting spells can’t get a hold of it. Final answer should be in the Tremere rules in Night Horrors: Nameless and Accursed, as Tremere hunt monsters who damage human souls (aside from the staggering hypocrisy, it’s the contamination of their food source that irks them) and we had to do the rules for which ones they can then eat.

Dave Brookshaw

Comment

• Yeah, you can't just fix a Deviant.

Comment

• Ah, fair enough. I was pretty sure it was going to be something like that, but wasn’t sure how it would look.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
                          Deviant as a whole has a certain amount of trust in the players to not min/max. This is the game where uou decide how powerful you are at chargen after all.
                          I think this and the other responses to the "loopholes" are really important. This is a more collaborative system that perhaps requires some more give and take than other games. You build around debilitating scars that are designed to inject drama by making your character's life difficult. As a storyteller, you co-invent conspiracies with the players, making villains with mysterious powers to threaten the characters and their allies. As a player, you volunteer those allies to be in the line of fire by rooting your Broken's hopes in their wellbeing. The book's guidance around managing the spirit of this give and take is at least as important as the mechanical rules governing it.

Comment

• How does the Explosive Deviation for Lash interact with the damage type of the Lash? Does it automatically conform to the normal Explosion rules (ie aggravated damage at ground zero, lethal out to blast area, and bashing from blast area until blast area x 2), or does the damage type of the Lash apply uniformly to the entire blast area (x 2)? And would Deadly/Devastating add to the Force of the explosion?

Comment

• Originally posted by Minty View Post
                              How does the Explosive Deviation for Lash interact with the damage type of the Lash? Does it automatically conform to the normal Explosion rules (ie aggravated damage at ground zero, lethal out to blast area, and bashing from blast area until blast area x 2), or does the damage type of the Lash apply uniformly to the entire blast area (x 2)? And would Deadly/Devastating add to the Force of the explosion?
                              Eric addressed Explosive Lash back on page 15.

Originally posted by Eric Zawadzki View Post
                              Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                              Do Explosive Lashes use the normal rules for damage type as a function of distance (aggravated at close range, lethal within blast radius, bashing between 1x and 2x blast radius) or does Gentle/Bruising/Cutting/Horrendous determine the damage type at all distances?

A good question, since it doesn't say in the text. Given that Stun has its own effect, it might be easiest to say Explosive Lashes must be Cutting and follow the same rules as normal explosives (Agg at ground zero, lethal nearby, bashing farther away).

Comment

• The new strech goal is pretty...

*Sings under his breath*

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Working...
                                X