Deviant Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eric Zawadzki View Post
    RE Unruly: I think I'll leave this one as-is. Involuntary already has Rebellious Variation, in addition to Deviations specific to individual Scars, that do something similar things, so I'm not worried about them.
    Fair enough. However, you might want to tag Rebellious Variation with the Directed Only Keyword.

Also, it might be confusing to use “Rebellious” in two different contexts (one as the “Rebellious Variation” Deviation, and another as a part of the “Unruly Variation” Deviation). Consider reformatting Unruly Variation in a manner similar to how the “Identifier” Deviation is formatted: a +1 Magnitude paragraph and a +2 Magnitude paragraph, with no mention of Rebellious.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 10-23-2019, 06:24 AM.

Comment

• Question, has anybody whipped up any sort of fillable character sheet or template yet? I know Mr. Gone at least can't really make one until the official character sheet comes out with the book, but it'd be handy to have some kinda sheet for myself and the other players of the game I'm in.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHailStormer View Post
        Question, has anybody whipped up any sort of fillable character sheet or template yet? I know Mr. Gone at least can't really make one until the official character sheet comes out with the book, but it'd be handy to have some kinda sheet for myself and the other players of the game I'm in.
        Mr Gone does have a generic fillable sheet that works well enough - you can label all of the fields to the appropriate Deviant terminology.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
          Why not just start a separate thread for Homebrew Variations and Scars, and let the people setting up the new subforum move it when they're ready?

Thank you for pointing this out.

I started the thread with a few ideas I have been able to work on. People can find the thread here if they haven't seen it already: Homebrew Variations and Scars

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHailStormer View Post
            Question, has anybody whipped up any sort of fillable character sheet or template yet? I know Mr. Gone at least can't really make one until the official character sheet comes out with the book, but it'd be handy to have some kinda sheet for myself and the other players of the game I'm in.
            It's designed a little more for online games than for printing out and bringing to physical tables, but:

Originally posted by Stupid Loserman View Post
            Here's a Google Docs template for a Deviant character sheet.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...4NegAMA40/edit

You can copy and paste dots and dot spacers as the easiest way to edit dot ratings; I visualize them this way to easily distinguish, for instance, Skills you have unranked and Skills you don't. Unskilled penalties matter! Add rows to tables as needed, or copy an Entanglement table and paste to add another. There are blank columns between Skills and their dot ratings in which to write Specialties.

Comment

• Can Variations that change the capabilities of your body take effect while using Integrate Technology 4 to merge with a machine? For example, if I merge with a car, could I take advantage of Enhanced Speed to make my car-body incredibly fast? Or if I merge with a submersible could I use Gigantic to make it accommodate more crew members?

Comment

• Not quite what you're talking about; but:

Comment

• Hey am having some issues navigating backerkit, has the add ons already been sent out or not (I didn't make a backerkit til yesterday btw)

Comment

• I don't think the backerkit for Deviant has even been setup yet.

Comment

• K, compiled manuscript is now up.

Comment

• As a heads-up, if I seem a bit quiet, it's because I'm solo parenting for a few days while my wife is at Ohio Valley Filk Fest, so even when things are quiet, I've probably gotten only 5 or 6 hours of sleep and probably shouldn't attempt any strenuous game design.

Onyx Path Freelancer and Fantasy Author

Comment

• Quick, everyone homebrew something inadvisable!

Comment

• I definitely understand. My response concerning the “Suppressible Variation” Deviation was likewise delayed by Real Life taking up so much of my time. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you on this, but I wouldn't want you rushing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                              I definitely understand. My response concerning the “Suppressible Variation” Deviation was likewise delayed by Real Life taking up so much of my time. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you on this, but I wouldn't want you rushing it.
                              Yeah, I read through your comments and realized it was just...not getting through to my brain. I'm sure it'll make way more sense when I'm not sleep-deprived.

Onyx Path Freelancer and Fantasy Author

Comment

• Originally posted by Stupid Loserman View Post
                                In general, Mimicry is one I struggle with conceptually, and I wonder if it's even possible to use structures like the new versions of Suppressible and so on to do its job purely through entangled Scars and Deviations. It doesn't help that its most obvious application is already covered well by Hybrid Form, and that dots of Mimicry alone eat into your Variation budget, while Hybrid Form is actually budget-efficient. It feels like a very poor cousin.
                                It's been a couple days and I'm still extremely confused about what part of Mimicry's "most obvious application" Hybrid Form covers, considering Mimicry's most obvious application is "turn off all the Scars you have up to Mimicry's threshold besides the one entangled with Mimicry, at the cost of losing access to their entangled Variations if they have any" and Hybrid Form's primary application is "activate multiple Magnitude 1-4 Variations in one action as a single Overt Variation" and its limitations mean you are, at best, treating the secondary Variations as an Overt Variation one Magnitude higher than they are.

Mimicry exists for temporarily stifling the obvious drawbacks of being a Deviant. Hybrid Form exists to let you make an explosive manifestation of powers that — unless you've constructed a Hybrid Form redundant with your normal abilities for some reason — you don't otherwise normally have. They fill different niches.

Resident Lore-Hound
                                Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

Comment

Working...
                                X