Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of Princess: the Hopeful?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A general question: is the Google sites GMC update version of Princess the most up to date version, or is there a newer one that more fully integrates the 2e changes?

Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Mind/Forces) built around being a human computer; Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Matter/Prime) focusing on the creation of Imbued items and the enhancement of Sleeper technology

Comment

The wiki has a lot of things that weren't updated in the corebook yet... but a lot of things never go into the wiki in the first place.

Comment

Both variants of Princess are fully integrated into the 2e ruleset. Dream was last updated in February this year, and Vocation just this month.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Brazier View Post
          Both variants of Princess are fully integrated into the 2e ruleset. Dream was last updated in February this year, and Vocation just this month.
          Got a link? Google gives a lot of different results, none of which reference CofD 2e.

Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Mind/Forces) built around being a human computer; Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Matter/Prime) focusing on the creation of Imbued items and the enhancement of Sleeper technology

Comment

the rules need edited in some cases.

In some cases BADLY

On the hunters and Social maneuvering thing for some reason I'd like it to take multiple encounters to get them to give up their Insane crusade.

Comment

I'm actually one of the originators of the Cataphractoi idea; I think I'm the one who suggested they should be revenants.

I'm trying to think of a Night Horrors book for them, but also thinking about a Princess/Mummy 2E Contagion strain based on Lypothymie, from Exalted; a transmissible nostalgia that causes people to lose themselves in imagined glories of what the Kindgom and Irem were... which make them perfect prey for people who want to turn them into revanchist fanatics.

Comment

oh curious is a Cataphract or Mneosmye a better breed for exploring

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...eInPrisonAtAll

Thinking he went through transformation already in a life sentence

And is acting as a General of the Darkness unseen by the princesses as of yet.

And maybe has made Dolls of guards.

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post
                  I'm actually one of the originators of the Cataphractoi idea; I think I'm the one who suggested they should be revenants.

I'm trying to think of a Night Horrors book for them, but also thinking about a Princess/Mummy 2E Contagion strain based on Lypothymie, from Exalted; a transmissible nostalgia that causes people to lose themselves in imagined glories of what the Kindgom and Irem were... which make them perfect prey for people who want to turn them into revanchist fanatics.
                  Oh that’s cool. We talked about this on Discord. I’m thinking of a Noble that ostensibly Is the Reincarnation of one of the Monarchs from a lost Kingdom of Light. Who’s Kingdom suffers greatly under Darkness and then.Who was trapped in the Darkness. Escaped and went to the Great Wheel. There newest Reincarnation is understandable Traumatized by the whole thing. And is willing to do Morally compromising things. “Not sure about the specifics.”

Maybe they could have been under the “Care” of the Darkness Cult Asylum.

I think it could add to you social commentary. And have her by a AIM activist, that was sent to a insane asylum cause she is thought to by “Insane” for questioning the capitalist status quo.

See this https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0ge...HYyKvKTVZ4Pks-

Comment

Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post

Got a link? Google gives a lot of different results, none of which reference CofD 2e.
                    The PDFs themselves say "Princess: the Hopeful is a fan-made roleplaying game for the Chronicles of Darkness, published by White Wolf Publishing. The Chronicles of Darkness book is needed to use this book." They haven't pointed to the GMC since the 2e corebook was published.

And if you go to the Google Sites page, you'll get the most recent versions of both PDFs.

Comment

• Is it legitimate for a Cataphraph mneosmye or Dethroned to recognize that a Darkened is sufficiently Valuable as a Darkened to slow the Transformation to a Darkspawn

Is keeping him out of stressful situations the best way to do so?

Comment

• Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                        Kalzky do you like the idea that Princesses are 100% sweetness and light and the Darkness is 100% evil? Do you think there should be grey areas?

Here's the thing. Princesses may be intended to be 100% sweetness and light, but they aren't. Look at the stereotype sections (at least in the version for the 2e rules). They come off as completely judgmental jerks bordering on murderous jerks. There's one who that asks mages why they aren't curing cancer ignoring that not all mages can. And pretty universally, their Beast ones indicate they're one "justification" away from ethnic cleansing because of their need to feed on fear (though oddly the splat that chooses to feed on Fear seems to get a pass).

Comment

• vernuf I agree with you. There's definitely an elitist attitude among certain Noble cliques (especially in the Twilight Courts, but to some extent in the Courts of Light as well, especially with Hearts and Diamonds). A certain sense of noblesse oblige...

It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done... Sidney Carton’s last line before he goes to the guillotine to save Lucie

Comment

• The Peoples Guard go way too far but they are kind of onto something.

Kinda sorta...

Comment

• Originally posted by KnightFenrirWulfhart View Post
                              In all honesty P:tH is a great standalone game, I adore it. But as a crossover game its not very good because P:tH either will completely overshadow everything else which is fine just be straight up about it, and it has no reason why they should not be using charms all over the place in big flashy ways.

I, personally, feel a Noble should derive their inner power not from the objective good vs evil but from how much they believe in their cause.
                              What is an example of how they overshadow others?

Also, your beliefs already have a huge emphasis on your behavior. I have not remotely heard of a crossover chronicle in which the princesses acted too "perfectly," more often I hear about them taking really stupid, extreme ideologies and cranking them up to 11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deinos View Post

What is an example of how they overshadow others?

Also, your beliefs already have a huge emphasis on your behavior. I have not remotely heard of a crossover chronicle in which the princesses acted too "perfectly," more often I hear about them taking really stupid, extreme ideologies and cranking them up to 11.
                                A Noble's charms are pretty powerful in a lot of different fields with very little drawbacks from what I remember. They don't have any real reason to not go all out with their charms as much as their wisp stores allow.
                                But the real reason they overshadow the other lines is that Nobles pretty much imply by their existence that there is objective good and objective evil and they can pretty much fuck up any other splats shit much easier than the other splats could with them. (From what I remember. I havent read the books in a while so I might be misremembering some things in which case- apologies!)
                                As with all things this isn't to say that they wouldn't be fun to play with other splats, in fact with some tweaks and some unique concepts for characters and less moral absolutism Nobles would be beautiful monsters of "good."
                                I don't like any mechanics that tell you you're character is (in a way) weaker if they don't have a perfect set of subjective morals. So that definitely makes me biased so I won't even argue that. ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X