Interesting mixed games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting mixed games

I'm curious - what, in everyone's opinion, would be the best/most fun/most workable combinations of only two splats for PCs to be run in a campaign?

For example:

Prometheans and Sin-Eaters - the Half-Alive and the Once-Dead. With a keen awareness of life's frailty, can the Bound aid in the Divine Fire's process of creating new souls? Will they agree to if they know what it may entail? And can the Created learn about humanity from those that have something close to aliens living in their heads?

I m having lot of fun as a gm in a beast+mage campaign.
    They seem to me like two faces of the same coin.
    Bright astral vs dark astral
    Broad but slow powers vs focused and fast powers
    Defend the weak vs prey on the weak.

And creative players can find lot of combos to buff and help the two splats reciprocally, they seems to work very well together.

Comment

I'm particularly fond of Ordo Dracul Vampires + Mages.
      They have quite a bit of overlap in goals and interests. As long as the Mysteries the the group is investigating don't stray from the material world or too far from civilization for too long vampires wouldn't have much problem.
      They also kind of cover each other's weaknesses. Mages get screwed by paradox when sleepers watch, vampires have tons of powers and tricks for controlling and manipulating mortals that can be used to make them go away. Vampires are harmed by fire and sunlight, a Mage with Forces can make those refuse to touch a vampire.

Edit: It works especially well if the Vampires upon learning of the Mages fight against the Exarchs rule, then equate the Exarchs with the God that the Ordo Dracul is determined to fight. It's not that God became senile or whatever. The heavens are being run by a bunch of idiotic usurpers.
      Last edited by Custos Tenebrarum; 10-18-2019, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
        Defend the weak vs prey on the weak.
        *snorts into his chicken soup* Yeah, sure.

Honestly, I might have an easier time trying to think of a pairing I wouldn't have fun with.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

The Arisen and the Damed, Vampires are running a Mummies cult and the neonates get to serve with the mummy.

Comment

I know it isn't out yet, but I fully intend to integrate Deviant into my Changeling Chronicle. Two types of individuals, both of whom were changed from human into something else. Both trying to figure out what to do now that they aren't who they used to be. Imagine you are taken, only to come home and find out that something took your place. Only, that something was taken too - it was used as fuel to process an experiment to change someone else, and now part of you - the part of you that the keeper used to make this fetch - is woven into this strangers soul. This stranger who wasn't taken by the Gentry, but by people - people who somehow knew your other half wasn't what it appeared to be.

Comment

I'm gonna cheat here and pick three, so sorry.

I've been really wanting to run and/or play a Beast/Sin-Eater/Werewolf game; all three are essentially the Boundary people's of the otherworldly realms (Astral, Underworld, Shadow), and running a game with all three and exploring the idea of belonging to two worlds would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Ever Professional View Post

I've been really wanting to run and/or play a Beast/Sin-Eater/Werewolf game; all three are essentially the Boundary people's of the otherworldly realms (Astral, Underworld, Shadow), and running a game with all three and exploring the idea of belonging to two worlds would be great.
                Thumbs up👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by Ever Professional View Post

Well if we're gonna cheat, the game I have always wanted to run has been a Forsaken, Lost, Sin-Eater, Descent, and Primordial crossover.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                  The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                  Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

I Think that I would have to go with the Fallen and the Arisen. I would like to think that i would dig the subtle political stories, with the occasional pants-shitting terror that both splats bring to the table. and if i could, i would definitely through in some beasts. they create strategic uncertainty really well.

Comment

Well the first one is selfish, as its the game-idea I've wanted to do for years but, haven't really gotten to properly start yet. This is the idea I'd personally want to use my primary character for, the Scarlet Witch (whom I named without realizing was an X-men character >.> embarrassing embarrassing.) The story arc I wanted to do, was Scarlet is obsessed with werewolf history and integrates with a pack that slowly become interested in her investigations into Father Wolf... Integrating material from The Sundered World, this Mage/Werewolf crossover idea sounds perfect for exploring stuff like, what did the Exarchs have to do with, if anything, the fall of Urfarah? And explore the Forsaken/Pure divide with modern Forsaken witnessing the ancient world.

Plus, with Mages, even without all that nonsense I just mentioned that are my peeersonal obsessions? Well, Mages just grant wider access to creatures Werewolves might want to, or *need* to Hunt, for possibly many different reasons. How about a Werewolf pack whose territory sprouted an Abyssal Verge? Just taking the gulmoths and aberrations and forgetting any Mage characters, I think the Uratha would have an interesting time with such terrors!

But if I were to give an answer that's probably more interesting to a wider group, I can't see how Vampire/Demon isn't just *perfect*. Conspiracies involving VII, the God-Machine's influence on Vlad Tepes, The God-Machine sabotaging or subsuming Lancea et Sanctum, Temptors and Daevas having nights out on the town and making deals, Ordo Dracul working with gadget-smiths to heighten their mutual crafts, not to mention both sides are mistrusting and paranoid so the LACK of cooperation would just BREED drama... The strix mess with Infrastructure, demons might want to weaponize that, aggravating or intriguing the local Prince. How about a cult that's half Circle of the Crone, half Demon? They're just a good combination.

Comment

I'll be perfectly honest: I really wanna see how a Vampire/Deviant chronicle focused on all the weird mutant one-offs that orbit Divergence and the Curse looks, because those two games are inarguably the closest standard characters get to cosmology-blind outside of Hunter and that opens the door for all sorts of out-of-context weirdness even without leaning into the shared lens of body horror.

Resident Lore-Hound
                        Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
                          I m having lot of fun as a gm in a beast+mage campaign.
                          On the topic of Beast+Mage, Dave's post in the Mage forums reminded me of a delightfully terrible concept I had when I was brainstorming how (or if) to use Beasts in my mage chronicle.

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
                          And then there's the Harrowed, who suffered a metamorphic Awakening in which the part of the Watchtower's process that replaces Integrity with Wisdom failed. Being a mage who still has an Integrity rating sucks on a "living nightmare" level; their own powers cause breaking points, and their Mage Sight, including the Peripheral sense for anything supernatural or understanding High Speech, is actively painful. They don't tend to live very long.
                          Best Lair ever.

More on topic, though: my favorite crossover combination has always been Geist+Changeling, although I haven't had a chance to play or run such a game. They work really well together for themes of defining community, healing, and self-realization. It makes a great combination for exploring very mundane human-centric themes with a supernatural twist. That's not necessarily in my list of favorite genres, but I would like to play in that kind of game at some point.
                          Last edited by Seraph Kitty; 10-30-2019, 02:44 PM.

Second Chance for
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_709_1572548741915_354[/ATTACH]
                          A Beautiful Madness

Comment

So, any community that has hosted a Harrowed within the last few years is positively riddled with potential Chambers in random places, many with a lower public profile than the site of some old torture dungeon or abandoned prison. Nice

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

One of the best games I've been in involved a mummy, a werewolf, a mage, a slasher, and a hunter traveling to the Underworld. The werewolf eventually died off and the player made a demon, which was actually the first time we had a chance to do anything with that particular system.

In terms of good synergy, a Vampire/Mummy crossover would be fun, especially in Mummy 2E, where your vampire friend's power fluctuates in a really weird way each time you wake up.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2nd • Tricks of the Damned • BtP: Secrets of Vancouver • CofD: The Cabin • Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
                              Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

Working...
                              X