Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And after Deviants? What game archetypes are missing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reseru View Post
    What if there was just an alien supplement like Inferno and Immortals? Probably not distinct enough for a whole line, but interesting and niche enough for a one shot deal (maybe this is how I wish Beast was handled, too).
    If they ever explore the concept, that feels like the best way to go about it.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” noun: empathy the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

Comment

Hmmm... As a thought experiment, I’m going to try to explore the concept space of “classic monsters” a bit and see if we have any obvious holes anywhere.

Dracula
      Witches
      Wolfman
      Mummy
      Zombies
      Ghosts
      Demons
      Aliens
      Frankenstein
      Invisible Man
      Creature from the Black Lagoon
      Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
      Slasher Movie Monsters

...and that’s all I can get off the cuff.

Hmmm... Looking at the list, we don’t have a game for explicitly playing shambling undead, but I kind of doubt anyone would want that. Demon lacks explicit Judaeo-Christian symbolism, but that carries enough baggage that it would be hard to properly include it in the game, so...

...Yeah, I don’t really see any big holes here that aren’t covered by Beast or Deviant except for Aliens. And they’re probably better served as a general book that discusses how to use Changeling, Demon, Deviant, and the others to include Aliens in the game or whatever.

Comment

Working...
      X