Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just a tad worried.

So. Pax has come and gone,no cofd books announced
    and midwinter is here and only one cofd book is announced.
    Are there more coming that are not announced?

edit:realized I was coming of as rude,changed the wording.
    Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 01-10-2020, 11:34 PM.

TBF there's still a LOT of other known CofD books on the docket.

Comment

In a thread on RPG.net Matt McElroy confirmed The Hedge for Changeling: the Lost was one of the announced projects.

Comment

I started a The Hedge thread in the Changeling subforum asking if it will get a kickstarter if anyone is curious.

Comment

Honestly they are working on Kith and Kin, Changeling Companion, Mummy 2e and it's Companion, Hunter 2e, Deviant and it's companion book, Innocence 2e, Contigion Chronicles and its companion and outbreaks, The Hedge, Changeling & Giest Anthologies, Mage: Nameless and Accursed, VtR: Spilled Blood.

Well okay many of these books are mostly done, but Innocence 2e (not a book I'm personally interested in but YMMV), The Hedge haven't started yet.

2021 should actually be very interest for CoD because most of it's backlog will likely be done by then. All it's lines core book so far announced should be released by then, Deviant/Hunter/Mummy/Changeling/Beast/Vampire/Mage/Werewolf/Promeathan/Geist/Demon/ as well as Contingion as well as most of their stretch goal books. Both spilled Blood and Nameless and Accursed will be out by then easily. Dark Eras 2 is finally coming out in next week.

I think outside of a book or two, 2020 will be most Onyx clearing the CoD decks for 2021. All of it's lines will have core books by then as will CC. So clearly in 2021 they will announce Vampire the Requiem 3rd edition ;p

On a more serious note Onyx Path clearly has a lot more properties then it used to work on, WoD 5e, Exalted, Scion, Trinity, From Beneath..., Legendlore, Pugmire, Caviliers of Mars, as well as CoD so a lot of slots that would have gone to CoD are going to other IPs. But CoD core is almost finished so it can focus more on filling in gaps for certain lines like The Hedge and new blue books that effect multiple lines (prediction more multiline blue books in the future).

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
            TBF there's still a LOT of other known CofD books on the docket.
            Honestly most of them are almost done, with a few kickstarter stretch goal books to be done. There are zero none stretch goal CoD books in first draft, redlines, or Second Draft according to the notes.

Honestly I'm okay with a break from CoD kickstarters, I plan on backing Stargate 5e D&D RPG Kickstarter whenever it happens and Hellenistika 5e kickstarter this spring.

Comment

The last time I checked, there was something like 90 projects in the Monday Meeting Notes. Let’s not announce anything new for a few years.

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                The last time I checked, there was something like 90 projects in the Monday Meeting Notes. Let’s not announce anything new for a few years.
                Not to mention things that are on the official schedule but nowhere on the Monday Meetings!

From the official project schedule, it looks like there are: 2 general/cross (Contagion Chronicle and Dark Eras 2), 1 Vampire (Spilled Blood), 2 Mage (Tome of the Pentacle and Night Horrors), 3 Changeling (Kith and Kin, Oak/Ash/Thorn, and The Hedge), 1 Hunter (2e), 1 Geist (2e), 1 Mummy (2e), and 1 Deviant (2e). That's a total of 11 books on the official schedule.

I asked Meghan Fitzgerald about Tome of the Pentacle in a reddit AMA and she said it's going to be on her radar after Night Horrors comes out.

Ultimately I think they're probably grinding on all gears to get out the massive amount that's already on their plates. Announcing a new CofD book would feel disingenuous at this point, because there are already a dozen projects up in the air that fans are waiting for :P

My ideas are bad and I should feel bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Kvark View Post

Not to mention things that are on the official schedule but nowhere on the Monday Meetings!

From the official project schedule, it looks like there are: 2 general/cross (Contagion Chronicle and Dark Eras 2), 1 Vampire (Spilled Blood), 2 Mage (Tome of the Pentacle and Night Horrors), 3 Changeling (Kith and Kin, Oak/Ash/Thorn, and The Hedge), 1 Hunter (2e), 1 Geist (2e), 1 Mummy (2e), and 1 Deviant (2e). That's a total of 11 books on the official schedule.

I asked Meghan Fitzgerald about Tome of the Pentacle in a reddit AMA and she said it's going to be on her radar after Night Horrors comes out.

Ultimately I think they're probably grinding on all gears to get out the massive amount that's already on their plates. Announcing a new CofD book would feel disingenuous at this point, because there are already a dozen projects up in the air that fans are waiting for :P
                  Almost like running monthly Kickstarters isn’t really sustainable, and running two at the same time violates Kickstarter’s TOS

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

Almost like running monthly Kickstarters isn’t really sustainable, and running two at the same time violates Kickstarter’s TOS
                    Gamedev: the Fundraisening

My ideas are bad and I should feel bad.

Comment

Actually, before we activated the second KS account, I talked with Kickstarter to make sure they were OK with it. Please don’t come here and spread false accusations.

Comment

Working...
                      X