X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ostarion
    started a topic Dark Eras 2 Backer Release

Dark Eras 2 Backer Release

So, I have already received my copy and took a quick skim after reading the Introduction chapter, very nicely done. I think the art is a bit sparse but I can see an effort was made to get the book into a reasonable size at about 460 pages given the 13 chapters. So for those of you who have read some of it, what do you think, does it live up to your expectation? not quite? or does it blow you away?

• Yossarian
    replied
    Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
    Was the Physical copy released already or just the PDF?
    It's still in errata phase, so the physical version won't be out for a while yet.

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied
    Was the Physical copy released already or just the PDF?

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    Slk
    ght off-topic, but related - Are we getting the Dark Eras 2 Companion? Or those are all the DE settings we will get?
    No Companion. During the first Kickstarter too many eras were reached to feasibly put them in one book (unless you wanted it to fall apart when you opened it) so the Companion was made to fit them (at least as I understand it). This time there was enough for one book worth.
    Last edited by nofather; 02-03-2020, 03:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Slight off-topic, but related - Are we getting the Dark Eras 2 Companion? Or those are all the DE settings we will get?
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 02-03-2020, 04:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Late to this topic - but here is Errata Form for those that find some omissions or problems with now version of text - form is saddly closed.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 02-02-2020, 01:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    glamourweaver, you will get there. We all love your fan stuff here! And I gladly help with any of that if you return to the projects.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Loving everything here. I think my only slight disappointment is the lack of new Conspiracies in the Last Imperials - but I’m guessing that’s because it was being written while HtV 2E was in the works and they wanted to avoid things falling as out of sync as the Changeling chapters in the first Dark Eras books.

Worth maybe a Storyteller Vault expansion after HtV 2E’s release.

Of course I still need to do my home brew expansion for To the Strongest and Sundered World Legacies...

And my Qin Dynasty Vampire setting

And Vigil for Rome

And Underground Railroad Changeling

And Haudenosaunee Hunter

And Meiji Restoration Werewolf/Changeling

And Book if Judges Mummy/Hunter

And Dante’s Italy Geist

And expand Three Kingdoms with Dead Domains

And Bronze Age Collapse Beast

And update Dogs of Sumer to be set pre-Oath of the Moon with that as a looming event.

And Maya Empire Mage

.... ....... ............

Leave a comment:

• Meghan Fitzgerald
    replied
    Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post
    I think the french Revolution is my favorite from the new agendas to the new covenant that I would like to bring to the modern era( I think them and carths will get along very nicely.) I think its the all around best chapter in the whole book and that I would like it to expanded into its own book is very telling to the quality of writing. Kudos to whoever wrote that chapter.
    I'm so glad you enjoyed it--I will let the writers know!

Leave a comment:

• Raz_Fox
    replied
    Still working through this hefty tome, which is delightful for bouncing through non-chronologically. I’ll echo the praise for the French Revolution, which thus far has been the standout Era.

That said, does anyone else feel that the Hunter section in Arthur’s Britannia feels atonal? Both Changeling and Vampire dovetail neatly with the Dark Monmouth treatment of the Era, but the opening for Hunter feels almost Pythonesque. The emphasis on the superstitious and ineffectual peasantry, combined with the cursory mention of how the Roman withdrawal actually affected British life, is jarring.

And that’s before we get into the Order of the Black Knight and the plate armor forged out of the Pair Dadeni, which seems taken from a different draft entirely from the rest of the Era.

(That said, I do feel a distinct fondness for the Hands of Tyr. The invocation of Gleipnir is perfect.)

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    I'm in the first transition point of Arthur's Britannia, and I can't shake the feeling Arthur somehow has a Title and that Camelot is something of a bent point between Ironside, Hedge, and Arcadia.

I doubt the book'll warrant that, but it's something I might play with, and while I like the idea of Arthur as a pure mortal, I'm also minorly curious what his being Beast* would mean for the story and the context beyond.

*No, the era doesn't suggest the possibility at all, but the unshaking feeling of warped ideological spaces makes me wonder if I would play it that way in a game of my own, and how I'd ultimately lay that sort of stuff down.

Leave a comment:

• White Oak Dragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Taidragon View Post

I am also coming around to the new Pact options in The Empire Of Gold And Dust. Pacts that follow the generations, ones that affect memory specifically and even a way for someone to buy another’s freedom from a Soul Pact by taking their place are really cool ideas, as well as the Stigmatic merit that goes with them. Really cool ideas at play here.
    I’m glad that you like them.

Leave a comment:

• Grimmi05
    replied
    I think the french Revolution is my favorite from the new agendas to the new covenant that I would like to bring to the modern era( I think them and carths will get along very nicely.) I think its the all around best chapter in the whole book and that I would like it to expanded into its own book is very telling to the quality of writing. Kudos to whoever wrote that chapter.
    Last edited by Grimmi05; 01-22-2020, 07:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Taidragon
    replied
    So, to get this thread back on course, I really like the new Agendas for Demons in The Reign of Terror; they fit for the setting but can very easily be transposed into the modern era (though Augustinians may be a bit of a mouthful and oblique in a modern era). Nice array of effects and attitudes that blend well with the other Agendas, and can create some real nuance with the Multiple Agendas merit (though as it stands the base agendas can also give a lot of nuance). If I were to run a game of Demon I would have these be in the modern setting, with perhaps renaming Augustinians into something more modern like “Archivists”. Not sure.

I am also coming around to the new Pact options in The Empire Of Gold And Dust. Pacts that follow the generations, ones that affect memory specifically and even a way for someone to buy another’s freedom from a Soul Pact by taking their place are really cool ideas, as well as the Stigmatic merit that goes with them. Really cool ideas at play here.

Leave a comment:

• Kvark
    replied
    Eh, just wanna take the time to say both your passion on the subject and the introspection are welcome.

There's a bit in CtL chapter 7 that talks about adjusting the blessings to be more or less powerful based on how frequently they'll come up in your chronicle. I think this is just an example of that with Trickeries. If water is going to be more prominent in your setting, then maybe you need to add a cost or remove benefits. If you're setting your chronicle in downtown Dallas, it's probably fine as written because it's not going to come up so often.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X