Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contrasting worldviews and views on sexuality in Princess and Beast?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contrasting worldviews and views on sexuality in Princess and Beast?

I know Princess is only a fan splat, but I really like the concept.

A couple weeks ago I did a Prelude for my character, a Grace of Diamonds. My ST told me that in her headcanon, one of the reasons the Radiant Princesses were created was to deal with the harm caused by Beasts when they feed.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her.

*eyes title*

*asks a lot of questions*

*sips whiskey*

*lets go*

Anyways, not inviolable, but from a cosmological point of view the Powers That Be are going to have a decent argument on why A) Beast's harm is any more or less relevant than literally anything else in the world, B) how they reconcile with dealing with the harm of a Beast considering said harm is an extension of an entity that is complexly human-and-not-human, mass-humanity-while-still -an-individual, and a breathing icon in the flesh above all of that without then going on just basically saying humanity needs to be rewritten.

So maaaaaybe? Certainly it's an easy enough comparison to ignore potential relationships, but part of Princess's point is that there is a Fundamental Good that goes above and beyond the human constructions in the Bright and Primordial Dreams (Temenos) and resides in The Mother's Land(Anima Mundi) at least, and I have trouble seeing how that fundament would end drawing a particular distinction that isn't rendered meaningless in it's articulation.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

ArcaneArts I’ve never had whiskey that wasn’t mixed with soda or fruit juice, but other than that, thank you. That was really helpful.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
        ArcaneArts I’ve never had whiskey that wasn’t mixed with soda or fruit juice, but other than that, thank you. That was really helpful.
        What fruit juice are you adding to whiskey?

More importantly, why didn't that occur to me.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post

Can't go wrong with so co and lemonade. There is also whiskey and orange juice or sour mix. It's called a whiskey sour.

Comment

I’ve had Jack Daniel’s and lemonade and bourbon mixed with apple juice. Apple juice (with or without whiskey) helps give you lucid dreams. My bff taught my ex that and he taught me. I’ve also had mint juleps on Derby Day and SoCo mixed with cranberry juice (a Scarlett O’Hara) or orange liqueur (a Rhett Butler). Oh, and rum mixed with pineapple juice and vodka mixed with different kinds of fruit juice (pomegranate juice, lemonade and orange juice are all really good).

Comment

I'm just wondering, is your storyteller incorporating that line of thought into the game you will be playing?I so, may I ask why, what makes beast feeding habits so uniquely horrible that it brought into existence the Radiant Princesses? because if that's how it will be, Heroes would likely have SOME connection to them

Comment

Citrus juice, normally. Lemon juice of note. Sometimes orange juice. Lime juice potentially, depending on the cocktail recipe.

Now, there are sour mixes you can buy to make a "whiskey sour". There are recipes you can find for a whiskey sour as well that use lemon juice and have you need to make a simple syrup (very easy to do).

If you wanna get CRAZY with it, a traditional whiskey sour uses whiskey (2 ounces, bourbon or rye depending on your preferences), about an ounce of lemon juice, and maybe half an ounce of simple syrup (depends on how heavy you make your simple syrup (like 1 cup sugar to 1 cup or water or 2 cups sugar to 1 cup of water) and how sweet you like your drinks), and..... one egg white. You need to dry shake (no ice) the egg white (either with the other ingredients or not, your choice) in order to break up the protein of the egg white. Then shake it again with ice.

For some comparison, a real daiquiri is basically 2 ounces rum, 1 ounce lime juice, 1 ounce simple syrup, shaken with ice. And is absolutely delicious. You can basically play around with these ratios for your taste and with the ingredients for different flavors or different alcohols to find your preference.

"How To Drink" is a really good YouTube channel....
                Last edited by Paradim; 02-22-2020, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Not a fruit juice, but I would really recommend mixing arrack/Swedish punsch (not punch) mixer with blended malt whisky and stir until it clears. Start with a 50/50 ratio and adjust according to taste. The sweet spot is when the sweetness and taste of the arrack mixes with the taste of the whisky without overpowering it.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                  Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                  Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post

Can't go wrong with so co and lemonade. There is also whiskey and orange juice or sour mix. It's called a whiskey sour.
                    1) And this is an example of where I don't mind the block failing.
                    2) D'oh. I should have thought about that, I make whiskey sours all the time.

Comment

1) And this is an example of where I don't mind the block failing.
                      2) D'oh. I should have thought about that, I make whiskey sours all the time.
                      Yeah...thanks? There is an app you can download where you can put in all the random booze and whatever laying around and it comes up with recipes.

Comment

Primordial newcomer she told me she could definitely see a potential romantic attraction/connection between Heroes and Princesses, but their approaches to Beasts are totally different. Heroes just want to kill the Beast, where Nobles try and deal more with the harm the Beasts cause to the actual victims.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                          Primordial newcomer she told me she could definitely see a potential romantic attraction/connection between Heroes and Princesses, but their approaches to Beasts are totally different. Heroes just want to kill the Beast, where Nobles try and deal more with the harm the Beasts cause to the actual victims.
                          ok. I was just wondering. i dont actually know much about Princess to be honest

Comment

It’s okay. Thanks for asking.

Comment

Arcane can you stop Stanning beasts?

Comment

Working...
                              X