Princess the Hopeful Night Horror supplement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Princess the Hopeful Night Horror supplement

Soooo a few years ago, I tried doing a supplement reflecting Hunters relationship with Princesses; The result was quite successful in getting people to participate, and resulted in Dark and Light, which you can find here:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Now I would like to try starting a new project for a Princess supplement: namely a Night Horror style one, offering more rules and options for antagonists in Princess.

Currently, I plan to title this one "Tales from the Dark World", and as suggested by the title it would primarily focus on fleshing out the Darkness - though details for Twilight Princesses, Wardens, and Amanojaku, as well as new ideas for antagonists, are welcome as well.

Ideally the supplement should at least provide:

* New rules for the Darkness, including clear guidelines for creating Dark creatures, expanded Umbrae and Caligines, and possibly bonus powers for Dark Cults
    * Sample antagonists to use in your Chronicles, including Dark Creatures, Tainted areas and possibly others.

If anyone is interested in taking part, let me know.

Update: began working on the supplement. Here is the link, feel free to give feedback:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Darinas; 03-17-2020, 09:55 AM.

an idea? More ideas For tainted places?

Another option or two for attacking Tainted places

I Miss the occult options that seem to have been excised

List maybe a hundred ideas for tainted locations.

but more ideas for Dark Creatures sounds good.

Comment

Not a Princess player, but I might be tempted to try the line if this followed the trend of recent Night Horrors books and also included enough rules for certain antagonist-types of the line for them to be worthwhile player options.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
        an idea? More ideas For tainted places?

Another option or two for attacking Tainted places

I Miss the occult options that seem to have been excised

List maybe a hundred ideas for tainted locations.

but more ideas for Dark Creatures sounds good.
        I miss that option too^^

And yeah, I do have a few ideas. I will need to write them down and flesh them out.

@Inodiv: that can be arranged. I personally feel the Dark Template could use some stricter rules to build them.

Comment

Dethroned also should be looked at what they do with their time.

And Servants of the Darkness in the Dreamlands...

Oh How Sentient can a Actual Darkspawn , as opposed to Other kind of creature be? Some powers NEED Social interaction to use.
          Last edited by Prince of the Night; 03-16-2020, 11:05 PM.

Comment

I keep on trying to get my own Night Horrors project off the ground for Princess. I actually did finally make the story background of a "reverse Warden"; a Dreamlander who was created by the Gales, became self-aware and that he was a prison guard for his "daughter", absorbed the Warden who made him, and now leads a rampaging army of monsters he's conjured from the Gales to turn those caught by them into a nightmare they want to wake from. He's not a bad person, just caught in an endless existential crisis and not quite sure of the right thing. He does break people free from Galemarks, but he's an inexpert sort at best, and he's accidentally made one Dethroned because he didn't know when to stop.

Comment

Dethroned also should be looked at what they do with their time.

And Servants of the Darkness in the Dreamlands...

Oh How Sentient can a Actual Darkspawn , as opposed to Other kind of creature be? Some powers NEED Social interaction to use.
              All true. We'll need to adress this. Though I can at least already adress one: Darkspawns cannot be smarter than a trained guard dog.

I keep on trying to get my own Night Horrors project off the ground for Princess. I actually did finally make the story background of a "reverse Warden"; a Dreamlander who was created by the Gales, became self-aware and that he was a prison guard for his "daughter", absorbed the Warden who made him, and now leads a rampaging army of monsters he's conjured from the Gales to turn those caught by them into a nightmare they want to wake from. He's not a bad person, just caught in an endless existential crisis and not quite sure of the right thing. He does break people free from Galemarks, but he's an inexpert sort at best, and he's accidentally made one Dethroned because he didn't know when to stop.
              You're welcome to join here^^ maybe by combining our ideas we can both get somewhere;
              Last edited by Darinas; 03-17-2020, 08:42 AM.

Comment

How do I do breaks in a paragraph to answer part but only part of a question then another?

If Darkspawn cant be smarter then a trained guard dog what happens when a darkened with a Caligae or umbrae relying on social interaction makes the transition to Darkspawn?

Comment

How do I do breaks in a paragraph to answer part but only part of a question then another?

If Darkspawn cant be smarter then a trained guard dog what happens when a darkened with a Caligae or umbrae relying on social interaction makes the transition to Darkspawn?
                  There is a "quote" section in the section to chose your police;

as for the other question, these Caligines and Umbrae are meant for intelligent creatures of the Darkness like Cataphractoi or Mnemosyne, so my best guess is Darkspawns lose access to them when making the transition. A rule similar to Sanctify of Merits would probably apply.

Anyway, started a doc for the supplement and began writing character creation rules for Darkened. I editted the first post so you can get the link directly here.

Next I hope to work on creation rules for Antagonist Dark Creatures (you know, like most 2E books have). Just trying to figure out how I should do that, since Darks creatures don't have a Potency.
                  Last edited by Darinas; 03-17-2020, 10:08 AM.

Comment

another idea

Not Directly to do with the Darkness but often enough happens in response to it?

Maybe A System in the Dream lands to assemble an army?(Needing to be unique to the dreamlands only because Hopeful can act a good deal more openly there)

Any hopeful spending signficiant time in the dreamlands is going to try hiring someone at some point.

Oh theirs that one Cataphract with a Darkspawn Maid? Thought id mention that.

It also said she was bestial when first recruited by him.

And a breed of Darkspawn that were good people who did nothing. Shadow Puppets.

Maybe some Darkspawn retain or regain a Degree of Sentience, like Pandorans can Become Sublimati.

An idea on Wardens? Cover the Tiers From Rank 1 to Rank 5

Idea for Rank 1 is a Warden who plays the role of a Fox or Stag perpetually on the run always 1 step away from the hunters.

For Rank 5 Im thinking a Warlord That Keeps Drawing the hopeful into his narrative being distracted from their mission on earth in the process as they grow obsessed with stopping him.

Oh how openly Should Wardens work with other Creatures of Darkness in the Dreamlands?
                    Last edited by Prince of the Night; 03-18-2020, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Personally I think creature of Darkness in the Dreamlands should essentially work openly with each other, though Wardens would be the dominating ones (the Darkness in the Dreamlands are just a reflection after all).

I am currently debating to decide if Darkspawns and others should be allowed to raise their Traits above 5. Again, no Supernatural trait, so that makes this hard to decide.Maybe Darkspawns and Mnemosyne couldn't, but Cataphractoi could? If so what defines their limit?

Comment

I Think Cataphracts Can already achieve Transhuman Traits because of their false transformation.

For darkspawn and mneosmye? Say a caligae that lets them do so?

Any thought on Some Darkspawn Retaining or regaining sentience? Like Pandorans Can become Sublimati?
                        Last edited by Prince of the Night; 03-18-2020, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I Any thought on Some Darkspawn Retaining or regaining sentience? Like Pandorans Can become Sublimati?
                          Pretty sure that's what Cataphractoi and Mnemosyne are for.

Anyway, started adding more stuff on the document. If you guys wish to make suggestion, feel free to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Darinas View Post

Pretty sure that's what Cataphractoi and Mnemosyne are for.

Anyway, started adding more stuff on the document. If you guys wish to make suggestion, feel free to offer.
                            And yet that Mneosmye Dewain has a Darkspawn maid

Its on page 269 of Dreams.

just an idea for now.

an idea on what kind of system to use to levy an army in the dreamlands (Needing to be unique to the dreamlands only in that that's the only place youd raise an army)

I thought it wouldn't be out of place since it has to do with the darkness. and is being done in response to it.

Comment

.... Fair enough regarding the maid. I don't know, maybe she can talk due to her owner making her smarter?

I am not sure I understand your idea. What do you mean by levy an army?

Comment

Working...
                              X